Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 12:49 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,353,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Well, you have posted here more then I have -- and you certainly are always ready to fight for the Kennedy Honor. You don't care one way or the other about them? I would think your posts would prove otherwise.
I joined CD 4-8 weeks before you, yet you have over 1k posts more than me, so I don't know where your opening salvo comes from.

When have I "fought" for the Kennedy honor? Any link would do.

Do you really think that they hold that much sway? Perhaps Ted for his work as an elected official from his state. What has Caroline done to you personally, or not so personally, that you post only to throw your perceived wrongs on her. She raised her family and was involved in education.
What has this taken from you that you wish her harm and disdain?

Your posts show a serious pettiness that rivals the worst anti-Obama or anti-Bush posts.

You're the one giving them status.
I don't see anyone else doing that here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 12:51 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,257,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Traveler View Post
They have brought Carolyn Kennedy out of hiding and she is on all the morning shows. She was on the Today Show on NBC this morning May 18th 2009. They asked her about the situation with her aborted run to be the Senator of New York. She still has not got the speech training she needs. She was terrible. I counted at least 14 "you knows"

Can someone put her under the rock they found her? If she was not a Kennedy she would be working as a grocery check out girl.
I think her name is spelled "Caroline."

Old 05-21-2009, 01:03 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,669,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I joined CD 4-8 weeks before you, yet you have over 1k posts more than me, so I don't know where your opening salvo comes from.

When have I "fought" for the Kennedy honor? Any link would do.

Do you really think that they hold that much sway? Perhaps Ted for his work as an elected official from his state. What has Caroline done to you personally, or not so personally, that you post only to throw your perceived wrongs on her. She raised her family and was involved in education.
What has this taken from you that you wish her harm and disdain?

Your posts show a serious pettiness that rivals the worst anti-Obama or anti-Bush posts.

You're the one giving them status.
I don't see anyone else doing that here.

(sigh) I meant you have posted more about Caroline on this thread then I have - including multiple responses.

As far as you defending the Kennedys -- look at this thread! Prior to you posting to me I had one post on them - that is it! And yet you are neutral about them?

My only problem with the Kennedy family is the pedastal some would put them on. This very feudal idea of inheirated greatness. I don't like it with the Kennedys, I don't like it with the Clintons and I sure as hell didn't like it with the Bushs. It goes against everything the US was built on.
That is it.

Old 05-21-2009, 01:07 PM

439 posts, read 618,414 times
All I have to say is that I think the wrong Kennedy died on the plane that day. I wish John John was still here.

Old 05-21-2009, 01:26 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,353,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
(sigh) I meant you have posted more about Caroline on this thread then I have - including multiple responses.

As far as you defending the Kennedys -- look at this thread! Prior to you posting to me I had one post on them - that is it! And yet you are neutral about them?

My only problem with the Kennedy family is the pedastal some would put them on. This very feudal idea of inheirated greatness. I don't like it with the Kennedys, I don't like it with the Clintons and I sure as hell didn't like it with the Bushs. It goes against everything the US was built on.
That is it.
You refer to someone who at 50 is a first timer in the political arena as "Kennedy's of Camelot" etc, things that were said in the 60s. Long time to hold a grudge. I have questioned the visceral reaction of your posts, where have I said I love any of the Kennedys? I am neutral; why give energy to something that doesn't affect me.
Are the generic Kennedys impacting you in some way?

I've only questioned your abject contempt for Caroline in particular, but the Kennedy's in general.

You're the one giving them that power "some would" - that some would is you. She failed at her attempt at politics. She's done.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:18 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,669,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You refer to someone who at 50 is a first timer in the political arena as "Kennedy's of Camelot" etc, things that were said in the 60s. Long time to hold a grudge. I have questioned the visceral reaction of your posts, where have I said I love any of the Kennedys? I am neutral; why give energy to something that doesn't affect me.
Are the generic Kennedys impacting you in some way?
I was barely alive in the '60s so no grudge here. And I do apologize for saying you love the Kennedys - you have never said that, its true. But I don't believe you are neutral to them either, you do show up in threads about them.
I've only questioned your abject contempt for Caroline in particular, but the Kennedy's in general.
And anyone else who doesn't believe she was a credible candidate...that she was in fact just about as fit to be senator as Palin was fit to be vpotus.
You're the one giving them that power "some would" - that some would is you. She failed at her attempt at politics. She's done.

I had no gripe with Caroline -- until she believed that she was 'owed' a senate seat by virtue of her pedigre. That is wrong whether it is a bush or a kennedy.
So, how do the Kennedys affect me personally? By the slathering devotion shown them by the kingmakers - er, I mean the media and political hacks of the dnc. I object to anyone being found fit to rule based on what their daddys did. Again, it is wrong and incredibly unAmerican.

And no need to take it personally - I am also afraid of the attention Jeb Bush is getting. Luckily the Bush name should be a huge deterrent for quite a few election cycles to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies