Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro choice or pro life?
I am pro-life with children 79 18.12%
I am pro-life without children 69 15.83%
No opinion-don't care 18 4.13%
I am pro-choice with children 124 28.44%
I am pro-choice without children 146 33.49%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 07:39 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,483,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
So, now you want government to regulate a persons sex life. GREAT!

Then, you did not stop to think that your ..."sugestion" is totally unenforceable.
It is an amusing thought. But laws against premarital sex, etc. did used to be on the books. They were virtually never enforced, but they existed.

I don't think there were ever laws forcing contraceptive usage. In fact, there used to be laws banning it.

Old 06-07-2009, 07:41 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,355,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
DO NOT speak for me or assume that you know my reasons for being pro choice.

The simple fact is I am pro choice because I do not possess the necessary arrogance and self-righteousness to insist that women seeking abortion must pass my muster before they are allowed to do so. It's none of my business and it's none of yours!
Then I ask you not to speak for me who is pro life and a man.

How about we all just stop requiring all people to be responsible in anything. If you dont want to pay your bills dont their is not anything wrong with that.

You chose to drink alot of alcohol then their should be nothing wrong with getting behind the wheel of a car and driving possible killing others. Nope nothing wrong with that.

Hey there is nothing wrong with someone who decided to quit their job and go on welfare becasue its easier than working everyday.

You guys are right we should not make exception in why some people can and why some cannot get an abortion...But then becasue we cant make exceptions here we cannot make exception anywhere. Lets just toss out all laws that require people to be responsible since we are not allowed to make exceptions to the rules

Old 06-07-2009, 07:42 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,594,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post

How about we all just stop requiring all people to be responsible in anything. If you dont want to pay your bills dont their is not anything wrong with that.

You chose to drink alot of alcohol then their should be nothing wrong with getting behind the wheel of a car and driving possible killing others. Nope nothing wrong with that.

Hey there is nothing wrong with someone who decided to quit their job and go on welfare becasue its easier than working everyday.

You guys are right we should not make exception in why some people can and why some cannot get an abortion...But then becasue we cant make exceptions here we cannot make exception anywhere. Lets just toss out all laws that require people to be responsible since we are not allowed to make exceptions to the rules

Or then again, we could just leave things the way they are, since we already have a workable system in place, one that most of us are quite satisfied with.

Why ya trippin', man?

Old 06-07-2009, 07:48 PM

So your okay with someone having 12 or more sexual partners, not practicing safe sex and getting pregnant only to get an abortion?

Old 06-07-2009, 07:53 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,295,426 times
Quote:
So your okay with someone having 12 or more sexual partners, not practicing safe sex and getting pregnant only to get an abortion?
They have the freedom to do just that.

Old 06-07-2009, 07:58 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,594,775 times
Quote:
It's their body.
How can I not be "okay" with it?
Who does it hurt?
Who's even going to know?

Would you care to explain some viable method of preventing people from doing whatever the hell they want- and whomever the hell they want- in the sack?

Or even some viable method of knowing what or whom they're doing (not that I'd want to, but it certainly seems imperative to you)?

Hidden cameras in every room of everyone in the US's home, perhaps?
And then we hire 75% of the American populace to sit in a government installation somewhere and monitor their neighbors' bedroom cams?

It would solve the unemployment problem, I'll admit.

If this turns out not to be exciting enough, perhaps we can start monitoring how often our neighbors take a crap, and how many sheets of toilet paper they use when they wipe.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:12 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,346,781 times
Quote:

And how have I done that??

What is your point? If a person does not pay their bills there are concomitant consequences.

There are laws dealing with those who drive while under the influence.

Folks who quit their jobs are not eligible for welfare.

Your above arguments are specious, at best.

The decision abort or not is a very personal one that should involve only the pregnant woman and her doctor.

To assume that all women seeking abortion are promiscuous, irresponsible harlots is simplistic and self-serving.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:14 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,346,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
It's their body.
How can I not be "okay" with it?
Who does it hurt?
Who's even going to know?

Would you care to explain some viable method of preventing people from doing whatever the hell they want- and whomever the hell they want- in the sack?

Or even some viable method of knowing what or whom they're doing (not that I'd want to, but it certainly seems imperative to you)?

Hidden cameras in every room of everyone in the US's home, perhaps?
And then we hire 75% of the American populace to sit in a government installation somewhere and monitor their neighbors' bedroom cams?

It would solve the unemployment problem, I'll admit.

If this turns out not to be exciting enough, perhaps we can start monitoring how often our neighbors take a crap, and how many sheets of toilet paper they use when they wipe.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:23 PM

18,415 posts, read 19,058,616 times
fracturedman, seems you just want to argue, every now and then you post...oh I see I can understand and see that point...then in short order you forget that and start up the same questions. have you already made up your mind and want the rest of us to come along?

Old 06-07-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
The decision abort or not is a very personal one that should involve only the pregnant woman and her doctor.
Isnt choosing to drink and drive a personal choice?

To assume that all women seeking abortion are promiscuous, irresponsible harlots is simplistic and self-serving.[/quote]

Wow, talk about putting words in my mouth...I never said that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies