Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 04:27 PM

271 posts, read 182,279 times

Advertisements

New Hampshire lawmakers reject gay-marriage bill | U.S. | Reuters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 04:28 PM

Ahhh there is still some sanity and correct thinking people left in New Hampshire! Sweet music to my ears.This has made my day so much better.Now i'll sit back and wait on the liberal lap dogs to start nipping at my heels.

Old 05-20-2009, 04:34 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,976,623 times
Guess it's not "live free or die" up there.

Oh, yeah...almost forgot to tell you I'm a REAL conservative.

Old 05-20-2009, 04:39 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,219,485 times
Sorry, but the lawmakers didn't reject the gay-marriage bill. The House rejected an amendment to the bill, without which amendment the governor has vowed to veto. So it's only the governor who is set to reject gay marriage by his veto.

I find it hilarious that the religious right wackos are reduced to these parlimentary and cowardly tactics to kill the bill. They're claiming to be afraid that they'll be convicted of something if they don't carry out gay marriages, even though no law like that is on any books.

I wonder if any bigots tried the same tactics back in the 60s. Does anyone know if any cowards fought against civil rights for blacks based on a similar chicken-**** argument?

Old 05-20-2009, 06:26 PM

Either way its dead for now and the Normal citizens of that state can live in peace for a little bit longer. Yes i am sure they will try and resurrect the bill and it will probably pass but at least for 1 more day some sanity has happened in this country.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:32 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,846,286 times
why does it always come down to a race issue with you? this isn't the 60's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Sorry, but the lawmakers didn't reject the gay-marriage bill. The House rejected an amendment to the bill, without which amendment the governor has vowed to veto. So it's only the governor who is set to reject gay marriage by his veto.

I find it hilarious that the religious right wackos are reduced to these parlimentary and cowardly tactics to kill the bill. They're claiming to be afraid that they'll be convicted of something if they don't carry out gay marriages, even though no law like that is on any books.

I wonder if any bigots tried the same tactics back in the 60s. Does anyone know if any cowards fought against civil rights for blacks based on a similar chicken-**** argument?

Old 05-20-2009, 06:38 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,470,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf88 View Post
Either way its dead for now and the Normal citizens of that state can live in peace for a little bit longer. Yes i am sure they will try and resurrect the bill and it will probably pass but at least for 1 more day some sanity has happened in this country.
Calm down...I don't think gay people are "not normal."

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
why does it always come down to a race issue with you? this isn't the 60's.
I agree. It's different from racial discrimination or tension.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:41 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,957,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf88 View Post
Either way its dead for now and the Normal citizens of that state can live in peace for a little bit longer.
Yeah i'm sure that was what people thought in Alabama when blacks couldn't go to the same school as whites.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:42 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,846,286 times
that's that posters trump card for some reason. you can be talking about birthday cake and it will becomes a race issue.

"why do they call black cake devils food cake and white cake angels food cake?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Calm down...I don't think gay people are "not normal."

I agree. It's different from racial discrimination or tension.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:50 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,715,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
Yeah i'm sure that was what people thought in Alabama when blacks couldn't go to the same school as whites.
Skin color and sexual preferences are not even remotely close to the same thing. This very argument is really, really angering the large majority of black Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies