Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 07:32 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times

Advertisements

I guess my question would be......if you even remember 9/11....why would you care if someone's head was dunked in water to find our IF another attack was on it's way? It's not as though they are peeling off their thumb nails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 11:10 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thats your evidence that your not.. let me quote it..

Are you able to put together a thought, without a link? What are you trying to point out? Someone else has an opinion?
You kind of remind of Bush. You like to contort laws...

Old 05-24-2009, 11:16 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,733,962 times
Lightbulb ***~***

Cruel and unusual treatment is not acceptable anytime on anyone for anything. I'm sure if someone tortured you, you would have a
different idea about this.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:29 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I guess my question would be......if you even remember 9/11....why would you care if someone's head was dunked in water to find our IF another attack was on it's way? It's not as though they are peeling off their thumb nails.
Answer: Because many people are (unforunately) limp-wristed liberals.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:03 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
You kind of remind of Bush. You like to contort laws...
I like to point out where liberals are wrong so they can stop repeating the same old lies making themself look foolish.

You kind of remind me of a traveling snake oil salesman, make claims that items are illegal that arent, make claims that your medicine will make people feel better, but when people find out your selling vinegar, they run away..

Its not my fault that you dont understand that laws have loopholes, and if you dont like them, you need to petition those in power to have the loopholes closed, but you'd rather sit here and attack those that point out the facts rather than call to close the loopholes. Thats what lazy people do, rather than do the hard work to change policies, they cry about the way it is and pretend thats going to make the vinegar turn to wine..

Old 05-25-2009, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Answer: Because many people are (unforunately) limp-wristed liberals.
No.... Most neoCONS are cowards...

Old 05-25-2009, 12:07 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Cruel and unusual treatment is not acceptable anytime on anyone for anything. I'm sure if someone tortured you, you would have a
different idea about this.
I'm sure if I wasnt tortured but waterboarded I'd also agree that its not acceptable.. But I hate to be the bearer of bad news, neither one of our opinions will change the facts that its not illegal, and will continue to be legal until the legal definition is changed..

Old 05-25-2009, 12:22 AM

4,906 posts, read 6,848,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I remember 9/11 very well, I'm NYer. Its you guys that forgot what the war on terror was about. You completely abandoned the campaign of bringing those responsible to justice, to a never ending soap opera of Bush administration possible crimes. All the while those of you that forgot about 9/11 now support torture because the right wing talking points have renamed it enhanced interrogation.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:27 AM

Quote:
I like to point out where liberals are wrong so they can stop repeating the same old lies making themself look foolish.

You kind of remind me of a traveling snake oil salesman, make claims that items are illegal that arent, make claims that your medicine will make people feel better, but when people find out your selling vinegar, they run away..

Its not my fault that you dont understand that laws have loopholes, and if you dont like them, you need to petition those in power to have the loopholes closed, but you'd rather sit here and attack those that point out the facts rather than call to close the loopholes. Thats what lazy people do, rather than do the hard work to change policies, they cry about the way it is and pretend thats going to make the vinegar turn to wine..
In short you remind me of a neoCON...

Old 05-25-2009, 12:32 AM

Quote:

Loopholes... How about Bush directing Bybee to kind of twist the laws around, twist what the constitution truly stands for... Surprised you chest beating, flag wrapping bible thumping all for liberty, justice and all that other crap just don't understand. You would think you would be embracing the Constitution instead of crapping on it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies