Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2009, 11:00 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,214,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Whats your point? That the Supreme Court has ruled that the Geneva Convention did not apply, and that individuals in captivity in Cuba are entitled to question their imprisonment in our Criminal Court system? I already stated that.. That has NOTHING to do with the US Constitution, if it did, the terrorists would be entitled to ALL RIGHTS americans receive, such as, rights not to be questioned without a lawyer, right to a speedy trial, right to confront witnesses, and they sure in the hell would be afforded the right against being waterboarded..

NONE of these apply to individuals in Cuba.. they ONLY become rights to the terrorists once they are moved from Cuba, into the american prison system..
Than Bush and his Administration according to you logic have nothing to hide, right? But they do...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 11:17 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,021,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Than Bush and his Administration according to you logic have nothing to hide, right? But they do...

Plain as day why all the distractions are needed.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:19 PM

9,444 posts, read 11,198,241 times
Quote:
than with a mindset like that you yourself are nobody than said terrorist, you are one of the same. one same level playing field.
Actually trying to decipher your incomplete thoughts and sentences, and non sequiters, is IMHO torture to English speakers 'round the world.

Welcome to the same level playing field, whatever that is.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:46 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,214,733 times
Gee, I wonder why Cheney is fearing prosecution? Could be that little torture thing eh...

Think Progress » Liz Cheney Reveals That Fear Of Prosecution Motivates Dad’s Media Blitz Defending Torture

Old 05-23-2009, 01:08 AM

24,514 posts, read 33,347,886 times
Quote:
Gee, I wonder why Cheney is fearing prosecution? Could be that little torture thing eh...

Think Progress » Liz Cheney Reveals That Fear Of Prosecution Motivates Dad’s Media Blitz Defending Torture
You mean the "torture" which Nancy Pelosi knew about?

Old 05-23-2009, 01:12 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,418,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
You're pretty funny overall dude, I'll give you that.

I see their point. Different people consider different things torture. For some people it is as simple as sleep deprivation or being forced to maintain a certain position for extended periods of time. Both of those, by the way, are also things we train our military personnel to endure. To me it seems a little light to be considered torture. Having said that, since as a citizen I have the right to life guaranteed by the Constitution and foreign terrorists do not, I don't see where it becomes anything to worry about since these folks are not uniformed soldiers. They are essentially spies and should be treated as such. In times past, spies have been executed without a trial since treaties of war do not apply to spies or event soldiers who fight without an identifiable uniform. This has always been done to protect civilian populations from an opposing military force that is unable to discern who is or is not an enemy soldier.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:21 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,352,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
You mean the "torture" which Nancy Pelosi knew about?
The Pelosi sidetrack excuse, again.

She didn't approve anything.

She didn't order anything.

She didn't do anything.

Zip. Nada. Nothing.

No transcripts of the meetings exists.
So what was said is still their recollection vs hers.
So far the CIA has had people at meetings that were not.
So they don't remember very well.......

Nancy Pelosi and the Republicans have urged the CIA to release the full details of briefings.

Last edited by plannine; 05-23-2009 at 04:36 AM..

Old 05-23-2009, 07:08 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,764,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Oliver North was waterboarded and I don't think he considers it "torture."
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, well, golly gee ... Ollie North! He's so trustworthy.

Last edited by domergurl; 05-23-2009 at 07:22 AM..

Old 05-23-2009, 07:50 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,325,190 times
Default Conservative radio hosts gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before saying its torture

I have to give him points for honesty. When he actually experienced it he manned up, admitted he was wrong, and agreed that waterboarding is torture just like the US said when the Japanese did it to our men.

Quote:
Chicago radio host Erich "Mancow" Muller decided he'd get himself waterboarded to prove the technique wasn't torture.

It didn't turn out that way. "Mancow," in fact, lasted just six or seven seconds before crying foul. Apparently, the experience went pretty badly -- "Witnesses said Muller thrashed on the table, and even instantly threw the toy cow he was holding as his emergency tool to signify when he wanted the experiment to stop," according to NBC Chicago.

"The average person can take this for 14 seconds," Marine Sergeant Clay South told his audience before he was waterboarded on air. "He's going to wiggle, he's going to scream, he's going to wish he never did this."

Mancow was set on a 7-foot long table with his legs elevated and his feet tied.

"I wanted to prove it wasn't torture," Mancow said. "They cut off our heads, we put water on their face...I got voted to do this but I really thought 'I'm going to laugh this off.' "

The upshot? "It is way worse than I thought it would be, and that's no joke," Mancow told listeners. "It is such an odd feeling to have water poured down your nose with your head back...It was instantaneous...and I don't want to say this: absolutely torture."

The 42-year-old radio host is no stranger to controversy. In 2005, he was maligned for saying that then-Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean was "vile," "bloodthirsty," "evil" and "should be kicked out of America."

(continues...)
The Raw Story » Conservative radio hosts gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before saying its torture (http://rawstory.com/blog/2009/05/conservative-radio-hosts-waterboarded/ - broken link)

Old 05-23-2009, 07:52 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,897,170 times
OK, now that is is proven to be torture, lets make sure we continue to use it. Whatever it takes to continue to keep us safe. I have no problem using it on the scum that wants to kill all americans..
Bring on the waterboarding, unless you like terrorists invading our country...!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies