Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2009, 05:22 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,858,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
Considering she and Barry's ages, I imagine affirmative action is a big thing here. Sad considering how the left raked Justice Thomas over the coals.

And...not that it matters... but Thomas' "life story" puts hers to shame.

Oh...and all you lefties who want her on the court because she is a woman! I thought there was no dif in the sexes?

What a pile of crap you spew.
Not only is she stupid but this dumb fool did a double spin. This is the best we can find for the highest court?

Old 05-26-2009, 05:26 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
Not only is she stupid but this dumb fool...
Write to us when you graduate from Princeton summa *** laude and Yale Law School. Strike that, write to us when you get accepted to Princeton or Yale Law School.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
Considering she and Barry's ages, I imagine affirmative action is a big thing here. Sad considering how the left raked Justice Thomas over the coals.

And...not that it matters... but Thomas' "life story" puts hers to shame.

Oh...and all you lefties who want her on the court because she is a woman! I thought there was no dif in the sexes?

What a pile of crap you spew.
What's so sad, we on the left judged Thomas by the content of his character and we found him to be quite a character.

As for wanting her on the bench... yeah, we unapologetically like that affirmative action thing, sort of makes the Court look like the country where half the population happens to be women. With regards to no dif in the sexes, that is precisely why her nomination is important. For too long women have been considered inferior, so consider this justice as bring a little justice to the Justices.

PS - as if you conservatives don't like your forays into affirmative action, does Sandra Day O'Connor ring a bell?

Old 05-26-2009, 05:33 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,769,842 times
This is one of the BEST choices EVER for the U.S. Supreme Court! I am so glad he made this choice! She will be a strong voice for the working people and for liberal social ideals. She has been there and knows what it is like to work for a living and to be poor. She will be a strong voice for all of us!

Old 05-26-2009, 05:38 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Can you give some examples?

Do you mean like Alberto Gonzales, who was all but run out of D.C. on a rail for being a shameless liar?

I can't think of any protests against Hispanics appointed to office by Bush.
Bush's father appointed Sotomayor!

Old 05-26-2009, 05:47 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,858,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Write to us when you graduate from Princeton summa *** laude and Yale Law School. Strike that, write to us when you get accepted to Princeton or Yale Law School.
Well I didn't go to all those fancy schools but I KNOW THAT JUDGES DON'T MAKE POLICY! She is DUMB if she does not know that! You know each of the three bodies of the federal government is seperate but equal. It's what we call checks and balances.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:48 PM

PPS - Back down the memory hole.

"Sandra Day O'Connor took her seat today as the 102d Justice and the first woman to serve on the United States Supreme Court. President Reagan, who fulfilled a campaign promise to name a woman to the Court by nominating the 51-year-old Arizona judge, attended the brief ceremony in ...

New York Times, December 26, 1981

Old 05-26-2009, 05:52 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,108,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Damn, you beat me to it... Watching her acceptance speech right now on NBC. I can imagine the neoCONS now, got to love it. Imagine that another minority on the Bench. She grew up from a less privelaged life in the Projects in the Bronx. And she appears that she would be for the less fortunate as well. Great choice, a minority plus a hispanic!

A sad day for a hispanic like me, but I expected as much from BO...

Old 05-26-2009, 05:58 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,108,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
It's true that the right is reacting exactly because President Obama picked her. What's funny is that President Obama is a moderate centrist, too.

So, they're being motivated by two bogus assumptions.
this is the funniest thing i've read in months...

Old 05-26-2009, 05:59 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,927,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Bush's father appointed Sotomayor!
He did a lot of other idiot things also. So damn what? We already knew he was liberal light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies