Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2009, 06:50 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,166,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcjap View Post
Not so...is that what the msm tells you?
No es lo que mis amigos me dicen, pero son New Yourricans.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:04 PM

3,980 posts, read 9,015,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
What a terrible pick for Supreme Court justice. No fan of the Republicans but I hope they can stop it. I don't want any Justices who believe one race or gender as being superior judges over another. Racism and discrimination has no place on the nation's highest court.
But I'm guessing you're personally against gay marriage, right? Equality and justice for all (except the people YOU'VE personally decided are acceptable ((usually based on a misrepresentation of the Bible)). Hmmm. strange how people can pick and choose like.

Funny how interpretation gets so skewed depending on your religion or the way you were brought up by your religious parents.

I think she's a great pick.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:36 PM

3,369 posts, read 1,988,575 times
Default wow i'm hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I haven't heard or read enough to form a decision about the appointment as yet. However, to suggest that only those from a background of privilege are fit to be in a position to judge.
If that is what you think I suggested, then use your delusion to justify a solution.
Unamerican?????? you can do better than that.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:16 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,999,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Nothing more than racial quota filling.
Exactly.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:31 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,923,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Exactly.
Where's your BA from Princeton, your JD from Yale, your proffessorship at NYU, your lecturership at Columbia...

She is very centerist, which is what we need in the courts right now. So what is your deal?

Old 05-26-2009, 09:01 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,232,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
bill clinton raped a woman and ted kennedy murdered one. what's your point?
Bull. Quit making stuff up.

Another poster asked why we opposed Clarence Thomas's nomination. I did because he harassed women who worked for him.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:06 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,066,528 times
Quote:
Bull. Quit making stuff up.
Like what?

It is well known bubba is/was a sexual deviant. Kathleen Willey, Paula Jones.

It is a fact Teddy "the swimmer" Kennedy left a girl (his mistress) to drown in his car.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
Oh. They proved he sexually harrassed women? Do share.
Imagine the year is 1991. Newt Gingrich is Minority Whip, and is trying everything he can to bring the GOP into power in the house. GHW Bush has just nominated Clarence Thomas to fill a seat on the SCOTUS. And pretend for a second that Thomas is innocent.

The hearings start, and the Democrats line up 5 or 6 women to testify that Clarence Thomas sexually harassed them (you know there were several who didn't testify, don't you?). Anita Hill testifies first, and (by the assumption above) lies her head off about Thomas. Before the others come on to testify, the Dems cave and give in on the nomination.

Now Newt has a conspiracy on his hands! The House Dems lined up 5 or 6 women to lie to congress! Do you think he would let that go? Do you think the guy that ran an 8-year witch hunt against Clinton would say, "That's OK, Dems, I don't mind that you conspired to lie to Congress and subvert a Constitutionally mandated process. Just forget about it!"

Get real. The GOP and Gingrich didn't pursue it because they new the women were telling the truth.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
LOL, if she has failed to pay her taxes that would be another Doh!bama moment.
I'd like some verification on her 2nd amendment stance, though. If that is true she has very backwards opinions in some clear cut interpretations of the Constitution.
You wingnuts really think that if you say "clear cut interpretations of the Constitution" often enough, everyone will assume that there is no controversy over gun control and the meaning of the "militia" phrasing.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:25 PM

53,383 posts, read 35,111,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
You wingnuts really think that if you say "clear cut interpretations of the Constitution" often enough, everyone will assume that there is no controversy over gun control and the meaning of the "militia" phrasing.
no need. the SC ruled last year.

Reaction: Supreme Court says 2nd Amendment confers individual right - On Deadline - USATODAY.com

please try to keep up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies