Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 12:12 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,758 times

Advertisements

when you take away privledges from a group of people by a vote.. based on religious beliefs.. it is personal.. for millions of people who are gay in this country.. it is a personal attack.. so I can understand why they feel the way they do.. and have no respect for religions..
BUT... is it the right thing to do? of course not...
but what would you do if the state took away your marriage rights.. and told your significant other that you can go play house or whatever.. but you aren't welcome to get married EVER...
You'd be pissed, and considering the benefits it provides your kids if you have them.. it would be personal on a very emotional level...
This issue isn't going away until equality exists... it's just that simple...
whatever your opinion is... it's not going to go away until marriage is equal under the law.. sorry...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 12:14 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
They've been doing this for months already. Disrupting church services and funerals.

Pretty sick.
When did they disrupt a funeral?

Old 05-27-2009, 12:15 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Never heard of good old Westboro Baptist? They love parading their children out there for their protests.

Funeral Picketers Sued By Marine's Dad - CBS News
Great, so now we are up to five children? You have no problem painting the "religious adjenda" on the actions of FIVE children?

I'd say you need some type of "movement" to make any such argument, sorry, but 5, 10 people dont make a movement. Heck, we were told that the tens of thousands that attended the "tea parties" were not even worth noting because of the small numbers attending..

Old 05-27-2009, 12:17 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
the militants gays are ruining it for the other gays in san francisco who for the most are some very good people. the negative publicity is enormous.
hatred on a stick screaming im a victim.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
When did they disrupt a funeral?
Because they are kooks, and because they are kooks, you thought it ok to blanket all religious individuals as "kooks" and proclaim they are part of some national movement..

Old 05-27-2009, 12:18 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Great, so now we are up to five children? You have no problem painting the "religious adjenda" on the actions of FIVE children?

I'd say you need some type of "movement" to make any such argument, sorry, but 5, 10 people dont make a movement. Heck, we were told that the tens of thousands that attended the "tea parties" were not even worth noting because of the small numbers attending..
go to a mormon church service... where they are reading direct notifications from salt lake on how to feel about gay marriage... spoon feeding their masses on which side they should be on...
also, go on the first sunday of every month and you'll witness parents whispering in their kid's ears what to say in front of everyone..
"I know the church is true, i know joseph smith was a true prophet"

you get the jist of it.. it's indocrination, agenda based.. and there's more mormons than jews now... we're talking millions...

Old 05-27-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
go to a mormon church service... where they are reading direct notifications from salt lake on how to feel about gay marriage... spoon feeding their masses on which side they should be on...
also, go on the first sunday of every month and you'll witness parents whispering in their kid's ears what to say in front of everyone..
"I know the church is true, i know joseph smith was a true prophet"

you get the jist of it.. it's indocrination, agenda based.. and there's more mormons than jews now... we're talking millions...
Even if what you proclaimed to be true, the mormon churches, disagreeing with gays, do not consist of a "religious adjenda" They are entitled to their religous beliefs, that is one of the protected rights in this country..

Old 05-27-2009, 12:32 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:

Quote:
sarcasm
One entry found.

Pronunciation:
\ˈsär-ˌka-zəm\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to Avestan thwarəs- to cut
Date:

1: a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain2 a: a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b: the use or language of sarcasm
A mockery of the OP title and branding of one small group as part of some "agenda". My point is they're both fringe and don't represent some gigantic "agenda".

Quote:
Because they are kooks, and because they are kooks, you thought it ok to blanket all religious individuals as "kooks" and proclaim they are part of some national movement..
See above.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:35 PM

2,032 posts, read 6,890,894 times
I think Gay people should re:examine their tactics in dealing with a scared, homophobic nation. The Gay Pride Parades in San Francisco do nothing for the Gay movement other than scaring people. I realize its a civil rights movement but I believe a PR campaign should begin to emphasize the positive aspects of gay marriage rather than the shouting and "in your face" approach used by so many. The media loves the confrontations but the voters see Gays as the enemy. The ministers here in the South use these images as rallying points for the republican party. Gays have come a long way since the Stonewall Riots in NYC and the assasination of Harvey Milk.
I believe the average American is just beginning to see Gays in a struggle for equal rights and I think one day the goal of equality will happen for all persons in the U.S. We don't need anymore spineless Supreme Court of California judges or voter approved ballots that only divide us. Shame on you California for not leading the way out of this mess!

Old 05-27-2009, 12:40 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Religious Agenda Terrorist Disrupt Military Funeral

And I was almost convinced that there was no such thing as the "Religious agenda".......
Aside from this family, I don't know of anyone who calls themselves a Christian who claims that God hates anyone. I don't find that supported by scripture. I also don't know of any Christians who desecrates the flag as the young girl is doing. But they have the Constitutionally protected right to engage in such protests since they are not preventing others from enjoying their Constitutionally protected rights. At least that's the normal spiel from the left.

Gay Agenda Terrorist Disrupt Church Service-1222pll.jpg

It is a very different thing all together to invade a church service for the sole purpose of disrupting it. Gays seem to make a habit of denying Christians their Constitutionally protected rights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfp8x5Jr5CY

I personally would like to see the right to a funeral free of any and all protests along with protection for the dignity of our flag. An amendment to the Constitution for those two purposes would be great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies