Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 08:59 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,310,013 times

Advertisements

I quit listening to Rush and others because it went from annoying to irritating. These people will criticize and ridicule Obama for everything he does YET, they offer NO options. I am interesting in knowing what the GOP has in store for us. Are they stupid enough to think that someone like Sarah Palin or Michael Steele will defeat Obama in 2012? Or, better yet, what is the GOP's plan for America?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 09:10 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I quit listening to Rush and others because it went from annoying to irritating. These people will criticize and ridicule Obama for everything he does YET, they offer NO options. I am interesting in knowing what the GOP has in store for us. Are they stupid enough to think that someone like Sarah Palin or Michael Steele will defeat Obama in 2012? Or, better yet, what is the GOP's plan for America?
No plan, no ideas, no ethics, and no hope of success for the foreseeable future.

Ken

Old 05-28-2009, 09:12 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
No plan, no ideas, no ethics, and no hope of success for the foreseeable future.

Ken
That seems to be it.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:22 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times
First you tell me who the leadership is, who is running in 2012 and I will tell you the solutions. I may or may not agree with them but Rush and Steele have their own ideas none of which will matter come 2012.
The solutions I think the republicans should propose will not be george bush polices or Obama polices and completely different and real change for once.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:24 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,053,665 times
That is not a good thing for America. You can forget about any checks and balances in the near future. The radical left is in charge and that is no better then the radical right as we saw for the last 8 years.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:43 AM

305 posts, read 539,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
That is not a good thing for America. You can forget about any checks and balances in the near future. The radical left is in charge and that is no better then the radical right as we saw for the last 8 years.

Then the "reasonable right" needs to provide guidance to help govern the country rather than just being the "party of no". I think you'll find that this administration is more amenable to listening to conservative ideas than the previous one was to progressive ideas, but accept that fact that you're not going to get massive tax cuts for the rich or a Scalia/Alito clone on the Supreme Court.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:51 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Does it even matter what the GOP plan is, the democrats have a clear majority and can pass whatever they want.

You do not have to come up with a plan to see that the federal government has no business owning GM and Chrysler.

Who needs a plan to oppose trillions more in debt.

Does anyone need a plan to criticize the lack of any oversight in TARP and stimulus spending, we don't even know where the money is going, and they say they will not have a clue until mid 2010.

We can oppose carbon cap and trade, new CAFE standards, bio-fuel subsides, or any AGW legislation, without a plan.

How about a plan to oppose bailouts, oppose any AGW policies, oppose harmful tax increases, oppose federal ownership of car companies, and no $330,000 photo ops with Air Force One?

Old 05-28-2009, 09:54 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
If I were a politician on the left, I wouldn't get too cocky. The Democrats were in a similar situation not too long ago, and the Republicans thought they could do whatever they wanted and did.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:59 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Does it even matter what the GOP plan is, the democrats have a clear majority and can pass whatever they want.

You do not have to come up with a plan to see that the federal government has no business owning GM and Chrysler.

Who needs a plan to oppose trillions more in debt.

Does anyone need a plan to criticize the lack of any oversight in TARP and stimulus spending, we don't even know where the money is going, and they say they will not have a clue until mid 2010.

We can oppose carbon cap and trade, new CAFE standards, bio-fuel subsides, or any AGW legislation, without a plan.

How about a plan to oppose bailouts, oppose any AGW policies, oppose harmful tax increases, oppose federal ownership of car companies, and no $330,000 photo ops with Air Force One?
Yes, you DO need a plan other than oppose, oppose, oppose. All of the things you mention are an attempt to save the economy which has been, and arguably is still, going down the toilet at an alarming rate. They may work or they may not.

Do you, or any Republicans you know, have an alternative plan? Or do you advocate doing nothing and waiting to see what happens?

Old 05-28-2009, 10:03 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,053,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoughton View Post
Then the "reasonable right" needs to provide guidance to help govern the country rather than just being the "party of no". I think you'll find that this administration is more amenable to listening to conservative ideas than the previous one was to progressive ideas, but accept that fact that you're not going to get massive tax cuts for the rich or a Scalia/Alito clone on the Supreme Court.
I have not seen any evidence this administration is willing to listen to conservative ideas. That is a falacy Obama supporters want to believe in.
And I am not one who "clings to guns and religion".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies