Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 04:26 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times

Advertisements

There's absolutely nothing wrong with people of a like mind congregating together. Gays tend to be pretty decent neighbors from my experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 04:43 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,411,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes/no View Post
Most people who use words like Homophobia and Xenophobia don't even know what they mean. They are used by people who can't defend their positions and want to shut people up by labeling them.

HELP STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.......MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD: NumbersUSA | For Lower Immigration Levels - For Lower Immigration Levels (http://www.numbersusa.com/content/ - broken link)
Bravo well stated. It's called different strokes for different folks.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:51 PM

486 posts, read 984,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Everyone knows that Hispanic Phobia is a code word used by the pro-illegal side to prevent the anti-illegal side from speaking. Even though being against illegal aliens has nothing to do with racism, xenophobia, hispanic phobia, or whatever stupid term you want to throw out there.
This post was not about illegal immigration is about intollerance. Intollerance for gays, hispanics and other minorities. However, from what I see is mainly against gays and hispanics. Nothing wrong with speaking one's mind but being intolerant towards others and labelling them, calling them names and overall generalizing, that right there is racism (since hispanic is not a race, but an ethnicity, hence why I said Hispanic phobia), xenophobia and homophobia at it's best.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:21 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1025 View Post
This post was not about illegal immigration is about intollerance. Intollerance for gays, hispanics and other minorities. However, from what I see is mainly against gays and hispanics. Nothing wrong with speaking one's mind but being intolerant towards others and labelling them, calling them names and overall generalizing, that right there is racism (since hispanic is not a race, but an ethnicity, hence why I said Hispanic phobia), xenophobia and homophobia at it's best.
You wont win this argument. I have already pointed out that bieng intolerant of intolerance, is itself intolerant. Liberals love to point out how tolerant they are all the while bieng quite intolerant

Old 05-30-2009, 05:30 PM

486 posts, read 984,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
You wont win this argument. I have already pointed out that bieng intolerant of intolerance, is itself intolerant. Liberals love to point out how tolerant they are all the while bieng quite intolerant
Now I'm a liberal? Nice, another label to my label list.
If pointing out intolerance makes me intolerant of intoterant people wow, I just learn I'm intolerant. In my opinion intolerant people won't hear the point of view of those they call intolerant and well, if I didn't care I wouldn't have posted the thread to begin with. But if that makes me intolerant than again, I must be, yet I beg to differ.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:50 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,438 times
Quote:
You mean like the overall generalizing that you have done in all of your posts and calling everyone who happen to disagree with you all of the 3 and more syllable words you looked up? Yeah, I pretty much agree with you and now that you have realized that you over-generalize you can take time to help yourself instead of thinking it is up to you to change the world.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:56 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Quote:
Your the person that came on here with teh intolerant post about people with different opinions that yours. I have nothing against you have your opinion or view .so let me have mine.Quite lbaeling people that diagree with you.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:56 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
I post this question because thread after thread I see all of these aspects being displayed. Is this the way it is everywhere? Seriously?! I'm not gay but I have nothing againt homosexuals and I so happen to have visited Provincetown in MA. I think is one of the most gorgeous little towns I have ever visited. I made that comment on the travel section of this site and received a reputation message that read: "Hi there, Malfunction". Now since I have also read so many negative posts against hispanics here as well, I was devating, was this because I said on another post that I'm Hispanic or because I happen to think Provincetown is awesome and Ptown so happen to be heavily gay? (I love the town itself, so much to see, the architecture is nice and the vibe is tons of fun). I'm an optimist so I hope that was an exception, but for all of you out there who deal with these issues on a daily basis, is this generally the case? You can't even say that a town, which is also known being predominally gay is awesome? I really hope thats not the case because I hope we can all co-exist.
The reason for this is there are a preponderance of conservative posters on the forum. Many of these are anti homosexual, anti science, anti intellectual and pro war, which gives rise to nationalism, ignorance and phobia's of anything not favored by the pro war, anti choice and religious right in this country. They've been further polarized by a Republican Party that is on its heels, resorting to any and every dirty trick at its disposal, the most used one being whipping its sheep like base into a braying frenzy with wedge issues like gay marriage, abortion and fear of brown skinned people

Old 05-30-2009, 06:03 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Now I'm a liberal? Nice, another label to my label list.
If pointing out intolerance makes me intolerant of intoterant people wow, I just learn I'm intolerant. In my opinion intolerant people won't hear the point of view of those they call intolerant and well, if I didn't care I wouldn't have posted the thread to begin with. But if that makes me intolerant than again, I must be, yet I beg to differ.

Never use words with more than two syllables; not everyone has learned how to look up definitions. Having a broad vocabulary makes you a liberal elitist.
Now you have yet another label. Stick around long enough and you won't even recognize yourself. Fascinating, isn't it?

Old 05-30-2009, 06:05 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The reason for this is there are a preponderance of conservative posters on the forum. Many of these are anti homosexual, anti science, anti intellectual and pro war, which gives rise to nationalism, ignorance and phobia's of anything not favored by the pro war, anti choice and religious right in this country. They've been further polarized by a Republican Party that is on its heels, resorting to any and every dirty trick at its disposal, the most used one being whipping its sheep like base into a braying frenzy with wedge issues like gay marriage, abortion and fear of brown skinned people

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies