Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2009, 03:26 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,035,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
This guy is so sickening...I dont know whos dumber..him or the people who voted for him...Change !!!!!!!!

Obama--------------} Do as I say...Not as I do!

$24,000 for a date with his wife....
N.Y.C traffic nightmare....
1000's of fools standing around and waving..while he spends THERE hard earned $$$$$.
.............Priceless
Oh, but Bam Bam promised his widdle wife they would go to a Bdway show when the campaign was over! Guess he didn't have time on his own dime.

Bush would have been raked over the coals for this crap.

And if I have to see that fat arsed Me-chelle one more time in her "slimming" black dress, I think I may puke.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:18 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,996,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
Oh, but Bam Bam promised his widdle wife they would go to a Bdway show when the campaign was over! Guess he didn't have time on his own dime.

No ... Bush would rather waste more than 10 MILLION DOLLARS of taxpayer money flying 77 round-trips on Air Force One to Crawford TX, because he wanted to "chop wood".

Aren't there any trees closer to Washington D.C.?

Did ANYONE "rake Bush over the coals" for wasting more than 10 MILLION DOLLARS ???

Old 06-02-2009, 05:17 AM

37,282 posts, read 19,276,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
No ... Bush would rather waste more than 10 MILLION DOLLARS of taxpayer money flying 77 round-trips on Air Force One to Crawford TX, because he wanted to "chop wood".

Did ANYONE "rake Bush over the coals" for wasting more than 10 MILLION DOLLARS ???
You're wasting your cyberinik, RD. You'll never get a straight answer on that one from the Bush Perpetual Apology And Residual Damage Control Team.

All depends on whose ox is being gored.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:35 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,659,704 times
In February, Obama scolded corporate executives (while also costing Las Vegas some $130 million) when he said: "You can't get corporate jets. You can't go take a trip to Las Vegas, or go down to the Super Bowl on the taxpayers' dime."

Typical liberal hypocrisy!! Why does he get a free pass but the execs don't? Do as I say and not as I do?

Last edited by BigHouse9; 06-02-2009 at 06:11 AM..

Old 06-02-2009, 05:36 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,118,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post

show me the documents. i would like to see them. and no nobody raked bush acrosss the coals, oh wait, he had hundreds if not thousands of people standing protesting outside her PERSONAL ranch which he bought well before he became president at no tax payer expense.

on the topic of this thread, how much do you think date night cost? 1st marine one to airforce one, then airforce one to NYC (marine one would have made the trip for much less but is not as comfy and doesnt have the comfy beds for the "reciprications" after the show). then there are all the cars to shuttle them through the streets of NYC. then there is the cost of shutting down time square (how much did the stores and shops lose for that?) then there is all the security/secret service.

so lets do some math here.... so if it cost about $325,000 for mr obamas "photo op" for airforce one to fly over the statue of liberty and scare the crap out of half of NYC, with no secret service, no car service, no security, no marine one, no shutting down times square then my GUESS would be that it cost ME AND YOU at least $500,000 and i would bet closer to $750,000 maybe even more when you look at the losses the stores had to take. but hey look at the bright side i will almost 100% guarantee you the obamas got their show tickets comped and them suckers are EXXPEENSSSIIIVVVEE!

as for GM, while it has nothing to do with date night (not a dang date but more of a photo op and all part of his personal agenda to remain in the lime light well after he is removed from office.), mr obama was one of the most staunch advocates for giving money to both gm and chrysler with statements like "bankruptcy is NOT AND OPTION!" so we gave them both nearly 50 billion. now not only are we never going to see that 50 billion but they are in bankruptcy ANYWAY! good call mr presidents (yes both bush and obama screwed the pooch there).

Old 06-02-2009, 06:32 AM

2,500 posts, read 2,935,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
This guy is so sickening...I dont know whos dumber..him or the people who voted for him...Change !!!!!!!!

Obama--------------} Do as I say...Not as I do!

$24,000 for a date with his wife....
N.Y.C traffic nightmare....
1000's of fools standing around and waving..while he spends THERE hard earned $$$$$.
.............Priceless
If you think Obama is dumb, well then I really don't know what to say to you. Even his harshest critics would never accuse him of being dumb. You are blinded by your hatred for the man.

I live in NYC. There was NO traffic nightmare. Many of us travel all over the city and didn't even know about this trip until we read about it on this forum.

You are not being honest here.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:41 AM

8,060 posts, read 3,956,797 times
Conservatives, count your blessings - this kind of "let them eat cake" attitude by the Obamas should help drive a stake thru the heart of Cap and Trade!

Old 06-02-2009, 06:59 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,946,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post

And if I have to see that fat arsed Me-chelle one more time in her "slimming" black dress, I think I may puke.
You really need to get some help for your speech problem!

Bush did "this crap" all the time, almost once a month to Crawford, once a year + to Kennebunkport, and elsewhere. Maybe he never did take his wife out to a nice dinner and show, but so what?

Old 06-02-2009, 07:01 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,946,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
In February, Obama scolded corporate executives (while also costing Las Vegas some $130 million) when he said: "You can't get corporate jets. You can't go take a trip to Las Vegas, or go down to the Super Bowl on the taxpayers' dime."

Typical liberal hypocrisy!! Why does he get a free pass but the execs don't? Do as I say and not as I do?
Since you quoted him, please provide a link.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:14 AM

38,074 posts, read 22,234,942 times
Default Hollywood Celebrity wannabes - on our dime

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The Associated Press: Looks like a night on Broadway for first couple

Country in recession, GM declaring bankrupcy, millions have lost their jobs, millions struggling to pay their bills and keep their houses, obama spending trillions that we can't afford - "Everyone's going to have to give. Everyone's going to have to have some skin in the game." So says Obama.

Except of course for he and his wife. That's really the priority for obama - to be seen and admired. Disgusting, completely out of touch with reality.
No wonder he wanted a supreme court justice with empathy, he certainly displays none himself.

On the eve before he announces that the lives of tens of thousands of autoworkers, and associated business employees, would be laid off, their lives turned upside down - 0bama thought it was appropriate to jet off to New York city to catch a Broadway show?

Even making the small sacrifice to visit a local show at the Kennedy Center was seen as too low class for Brad and Angelina... errrr... I mean Barack and Michelle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies