Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2009, 07:41 AM

38,575 posts, read 22,446,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Yes People did rake Bush over the coals. I am sure you screamed about it many many times. I am not going to defend Bush but atleast when he went it wasnt just for a night.

Lets add up Obamas picture of Air force one and then going to Nevada for Reid and the times hes gone to chi town and now this.

This night out cost us more then 24k

Come on white house keep your promise to be transparent and give out the price of this date.
$24k has got to be way under the actual cost. They said it cost $330,000 for the Air Force One photo op in NYC, and that did not include landing and taking off, all the security for boarding/disembarking, limo rides for he and his guests, theater, diner, and all the other aircraft involved, including two helicopters.

$24k? I seriously doubt it.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:42 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,870,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I love these threads! The repubs all in a hissy fit!....it's a good thing!

Remember how the repubs worship the wealthy as their new god?
If anyone would dare suggest that $3,000.00 an hour was a little high the repubs would scream , "They EARNED it!...They are the ones who create all those millions of jobs that we have here in the U.S.! They worked their way up from cleaning windshields at intersections, EVERY ONE OF THEM, to EARN all that money!. They are our gods and our saviours!!!"

OK, so now two wealthy people spend money they earned which supports many, many jobs, and look at the repubs go into cardiac arrest!!!

Fun, ain't it!
He isnt spending just his money if he paid for the fuel and all cost for this trip no one would complain.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:43 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,870,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
$24k has got to be way under the actual cost. They said it cost $330,000 for the Air Force One photo op in NYC, and that did not include landing and taking off, all the security for boarding/disembarking, limo rides for he and his guests, theater, diner, and all the other aircraft involved, including two helicopters.

$24k? I seriously doubt it.
I agree but hey be happy we are paying for it.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
In February, Obama scolded corporate executives (while also costing Las Vegas some $130 million) when he said: "You can't get corporate jets. You can't go take a trip to Las Vegas, or go down to the Super Bowl on the taxpayers' dime."

Typical liberal hypocrisy!! Why does he get a free pass but the execs don't? Do as I say and not as I do?
At least the corporate CEO were flying into Washington, on official business, to testify before the US Senate concerning the future of their companies. They were not engaging in selfish, and extravagant indulgences.

Here is how CNN played it:

Quote:
(CNN) -- Some lawmakers lashed out at the CEOs of the Big Three auto companies Wednesday for flying private jets to Washington to request taxpayer bailout money.
"There is a delicious irony in seeing private luxury jets flying into Washington, D.C., and people coming off of them with tin cups in their hand, saying that they're going to be trimming down and streamlining their businesses," Rep. Gary Ackerman, D-New York, told the chief executive officers of Ford, Chrysler and General Motors at a hearing of the House Financial Services Committee.
"It's almost like seeing a guy show up at the soup kitchen in high hat and tuxedo. It kind of makes you a little bit suspicious."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/11/19/autos.ceo.jets/

Bet they gave 0bama a total pass.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:46 AM

11,887 posts, read 37,004,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I love these threads! The repubs all in a hissy fit!....it's a good thing!

Remember how the repubs worship the wealthy as their new god?
If anyone would dare suggest that $3,000.00 an hour was a little high the repubs would scream , "They EARNED it!...They are the ones who create all those millions of jobs that we have here in the U.S.! They worked their way up from cleaning windshields at intersections, EVERY ONE OF THEM, to EARN all that money!. They are our gods and our saviours!!!"

OK, so now two wealthy people spend money they earned which supports many, many jobs, and look at the repubs go into cardiac arrest!!!

Fun, ain't it!
So, what you're telling us that Obama is no different? He's just as spendy, if not more so, than Bush?

Old 06-02-2009, 07:51 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,204,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
At least the corporate CEO were flying into Washington, on official business, to testify before the US Senate concerning the future of their companies. They were not engaging in selfish, and extravagant indulgences.
""" They were not engaging in selfish, and extravagant indulgences""

OH NO, never let it be said that those execs EVER took YOUR money in the form of a huge WELFARE CHECK and remodelled an office for 4 million or gave huge multi-million dollar PARTIES and gave huge BONUSES to their friends or wasted it in any way....keep defending your GOD, the uber-wealthy, to prove my point!

Old 06-02-2009, 07:52 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,904,329 times
It will be extremely difficult of Obama to beat GWB's record of vacations, trips, outings, etc............!

Check out Bush's fun time itinerary!

President Bush By The Numbers - CBS News

Quote:
Quote:
Number Of Baseball Games Attended: 12
(Including Game 3 of the World Series in Yankee Stadium on Oct. 30, 2001)

Number Of All Sporting Events Attended: 98
(Counting the Beijing Olympics as one)
Number Of Times President Bush Had Dinner Out At A Restaurant: 21

Number Of Visits To Camp David: 149, totaling all or part of 487 days.

Number Of Visits To His Texas Ranch: 77, totaling all or part of 490 days.

Number Of Visits To His Parents’ Home In Kennebunkport, Maine: 11, totaling all or part of 43

Number Of Out Of Town Domestic Trips: 609
(That's not counting Camp David visits or bike riding outings)

Number Of Rounds Of Golf Played As President: 24
(The last one on Oct. 13, 2003. President Bush has since explained that he stopped playing golf out of respect for the families of Americans killed in the war in Iraq.)

Old 06-02-2009, 07:53 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,204,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
So, what you're telling us that Obama is no different? He's just as spendy, if not more so, than Bush?
You can twist it anyway YOU want but what I was "telling" was EXACTLY what was in my post....and I never even mentioned bush....your panic is giving you hallucinations ...LOLOLOL!!!!!!

Old 06-02-2009, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Yup, they can vilify and pillory Bush as a fascist, Hitler-like demon, and when 0bama adopts all his policies as his own, and behaves in the same way... well its suddenly all cool, and justified.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:17 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,355,922 times
well, if any have read my previous posting, they will gather that i am certainly no fan of bo nor of "all things pertaining, thereto." however, i do accept that he used his government allocation for entertainment, which all presidents are allotted, in order to finance his private date. i understand that the transportation cost was reportedly in excess of 24,000.00 dollars; nonetheless, i believe, to be fair, this is simply the expense of "doing business." yes, i know that he could have stayed home and enjoyed one of the fine dining establishments in dc; however, i do not think it was a necessity. the man is the president. our government and our people owe the office and the man the respect of both his station and more than basic protection. he is a precious commodity, and much of our nation's strength is gauged through his office---and, ultimately, through him. we simply cannot nitpick the efficiency of his every move. the secret service has a job to do. security costs money. the armed services has a charge for his protection. that costs money. for the position he holds, we might not, as taxpayers, have paid out as much for his outings, as we have paid out for both the safety and the legal protection of wall street moguls like madoff. i, for one, do not, in any sense, want our nation to go through another assassination saga. consequently, as a decent citizen and a reasonable individual who loves this country and the american way, i say let us bid him, "Godspeed."
now, w/ that said, where's my bat! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies