Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 06:52 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,455,874 times

Advertisements

What do you think the similarities are, if any? The differences?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 07:12 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,931,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
What do you think the similarities are, if any? The differences?
Only one, neither ban is constitutional, IMHO.
Casper

Old 05-31-2009, 07:20 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,042,155 times
Both bans are discriminatory to a minority, and neither ban should have existed. There is no reason to ban interracial couples from getting married, and there's n o reason to ban gays from getting married.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:38 AM

271 posts, read 182,078 times
both should be been left alone. Both good laws.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:04 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,086,339 times
There are no similarities except that both could not marry at one time. Skin color and sexual behavior have nothing in common.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:06 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,455,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
There are no similarities except that both could not marry at one time. Skin color and sexual behavior have nothing in common.
You do understand that same-sex couples are not, in fact, currently allowed to marry in the vast majority of states. Correct?

Old 05-31-2009, 11:39 AM

1,278 posts, read 2,621,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf88 View Post
both should be been left alone. Both good laws.
I hope you are only joking...

Old 05-31-2009, 11:41 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,562,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmusmc85 View Post
I hope you are only joking...
Ah, no. There are a few people on this forum who have no problem being racist or prejudice.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:52 AM

1,278 posts, read 2,621,864 times
Well, gotta give them credit for be honest about it. It's when they lie and use non-facts does it become
a problem...

Old 05-31-2009, 12:13 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,570,857 times
I am for interracial marriage and for gay marriage.

Finding someone you get along with and love with all your heart is hard. Just because this person is the same sex as you or different race DOES NOT mean that they should not be able to be together because some people in society think so.

I have seen gay couples who get along better than straight couples. I have seen some straight couples that get along better than gay couples. I have seen white couples get along better than Indian couples. Vice Versa, I have also seen Indian couples get along better than White couples. Race is just the color of your skin. What difference does it make? If someone is a good person, then why should it bother you?

I am an Indian female who is in love with a Chinese male. Next month, we will be dating for three years. This guy means the world to me. I would not trade him in for the world. He smiles with pride and joy when he sees me and he is one of the most loving guys I have ever met.

So why shouldn't I get married to him because some bigots (my parents included) think it is so wrong? I am very very happy with him. Why should society and my parents get in the way of my happiness. Technically, my marriage to him would do not harm whatsoever to anyone. Not my parents or society. It is no ones business.

This is exactly how I feel about gay marriage too. It is not because I myself am involved with a interracial relationship that I feel gay marriage should be allowed. I was for gay marriage even before I met him. But WHY? WHY should we get in the way of other peoples happiness? Don't like gay marriage? Don't marry someone who is of the same sex. Don't like interracial marriage? Feel free to marry someone of your own race. Easy as that. I cannot believe that in this country where we are the "land of the FREE and home of the brave", we are STILL arguing about this!

Who I marry is NONE of YOUR business. Simple as that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies