Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 06:20 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
Some of the posters on this board have GOT to be kidding me!!!! There are still some lunatics in this country that believe if we are "NICE" and "FRIENDLY" with the Muslim Nation, then they will somehow "LIKE" us??!!!!!!!! Delusional at best on your parts possibly you are psychotic to believe such gibberish. Where was the outcry from the "GOOD" Muslims in the world after FOUR (Have You Forgotten) planes crashed into American Landmarks and a field in Pennsylvania killing 1000s of AMERICANS!!!!! There was extremely little to NOOOOOOOOO outcry from the "GOOD" Muslims. I was on Patrol in New York City and sickenly observed "GOOD" Muslims dancing in the streets of Brooklyn....bodega owners, laundromat owners, people at Mosques....dancing in the streets CELEBRATING the blow that Islam had struck on the heathen Americans. They had their 3, 4, 5, 10, and 12 year old children dancing and celebrating with them talking about the "evil" Americans. Don't you dare talk to me about trying to "Make Friends" with the people of Islam. I've seen first hand average, everyday, "GOOD" Muslims dancing and celebrating the deaths of 1000s of Americans.....Sad very sad that there are "Americans" that see nothing wrong with this...Sorry for the rant but I just had to get it off my chest after observing all the apologies the Messiah has been making to the Muslim world about actions of our country. Does France and England apologize all the time about colonizing the Middle East after World War I??? Noooooooooo. Do we apologize for giving billions of dollars in aid to assist Somalis, Bosnians, and other Muslim nations around the world????? I truly am tired of the apologies.
I copied your quote because it bears repeating. Very good post. There may be someone who will read it and actually think about your worlds. We should never, ever forget the horror of 9/11, the tragic loss of life, and the fact that Muslims celebrated.

Those of you who really want to understand Islam - and you really need to, or you come in here sounding naive at best, and ignorant at worst - I suggest you do some reading by authors who are part of that world, who know the Muslim mind inside and out, who can tell us exactly why Muslims hate us, and will continue to hate us, and why so-called 'moderate' Muslims do not speak out against such radicalism. I can suggest some good books, but just search Amazon.com for keywords Muslim and Islam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 07:11 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,033,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I copied your quote because it bears repeating. Very good post. There may be someone who will read it and actually think about your worlds. We should never, ever forget the horror of 9/11, the tragic loss of life, and the fact that Muslims celebrated.

Those of you who really want to understand Islam - and you really need to, or you come in here sounding naive at best, and ignorant at worst - I suggest you do some reading by authors who are part of that world, who know the Muslim mind inside and out, who can tell us exactly why Muslims hate us, and will continue to hate us, and why so-called 'moderate' Muslims do not speak out against such radicalism. I can suggest some good books, but just search Amazon.com for keywords Muslim and Islam.
One thing Barry and the left don't "get". Arabs respect one thing: Strength. Barry is showing how weak he is. They are delighted and will continue to push and push. Just like N. Korea and Iran are doing right now.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:20 PM

472 posts, read 739,836 times
Obama's declaration that we are not a Christian nation, followed closely by the factually laughable assertion that if you add up all of America's Muslims would make the United States one of the larger Muslim nations shows an alarming lack of understanding regarding the nation he has been elected to lead.

President Obama reads a speech well.

Absent a teleprompter, his intellect appears to diminish greatly - and his penchant for seemingly anti-American sentiment increases ten-fold.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:47 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,033,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemiahmooDude View Post
Obama's declaration that we are not a Christian nation, followed closely by the factually laughable assertion that if you add up all of America's Muslims would make the United States one of the larger Muslim nations shows an alarming lack of understanding regarding the nation he has been elected to lead.

President Obama reads a speech well.

Absent a teleprompter, his intellect appears to diminish greatly - and his penchant for seemingly anti-American sentiment increases ten-fold.
Why, yes!

Hey, libs. Hellooooooooooo? Anyone agree starting to worry just a tad at the fab Barry?

Oh, and now that I caught your attention. Why did Barry say his (oh so long ago in the campaign) smarty pants "Kenyan" daddy was an...what did he call him...an agnostic?

But now, gosh-golly, when Barry is in full bow mode...Mr. "Barry's Mom had Low Standards And Maury Wasn't Around" Obamam, Sr. was a muzzie?

Some of us (and some just waking up from a sip of the Flavor-Aid) would like to know.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:04 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,342,697 times
Our country was founded as (an is) a secular nation. There is no debate about that.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:11 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,443,163 times
I love it when people use some vague, highly subjective terms like "majority" as a smokescreen to attack other points of view.

What IS the "majority"? It's a canard.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:04 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times
Lets see, the actual quote is:

"One of the great strengths of the United States," the President said, "is ... we have a very large Christian population -- we do not consider ourselves a Christian nation or a Jewish nation or a Muslim nation. We consider ourselves a nation of citizens who are bound by ideals and a set of values."

Ok, it is noted that we are a predominately Christian nation first off and the other portion is "we do not consider ourselves a Christian nation or a Jewish nation or a Muslim nation. We consider ourselves a nation of citizens who are bound by ideals and a set of values."

Half true, as most Americans do see us as a Christian nation. However we are not "bound by ideals or values", in fact I would say most of my fellow Americans keep two sets of values and ideals, just like a mob, one for themselves and one they want everyone else to live by.

The second quote is as follows:

In an interview with Laura Haim on Canal Plus, a French television station, Mr. Obama noted that the United States also could be considered as “one of the largest Muslim countries in the world.”
We could be considered as such if we compare the population of Muslims in the United States to that of other Muslim countries.

According to a recent Newsweek article, it is estimated that the Muslim population in the United States is between 7-8 million.(I believe this to be a high est.)
American Muslims Overwhelmingly Backed Obama | Newsweek Politics | Newsweek.com
(estimates range from 2.5-8 million, the CIA factbook, US State Dept. and Adherents.com)

Now lets look at the populations of other Muslim nations shall we.

Islam by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well what do you know, by population the United States has a larger Muslim population that even several Middle Eastern countries and is on par with many more, such as Bahrain, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Lebanon, Jordan, Libya, and even Kyrgyzstan.

My personal feelings are that Obama is attempting to reach out to moderate Muslim nations, split them from the radicals, and lessen tensions in the region. You can agree with that or not and I suspect the freepers will either condemn him or praise him regardless.

The second reason is only half a hunch but, I half think Obama says things like this just to get the contemporary right into a froth and watch them throw each other under the bus based on the new premise, WWRRD. (what would Ronald Reagan Do)

Old 06-06-2009, 08:20 PM

555 posts, read 2,212,397 times
Obama is just butt kissing again. The Arab nations will never be our friends. We have too many Christians and Jews that practice our faith here. What muslim nation does not persecute Christians? Nice try BO.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:28 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelle3 View Post
Obama is just butt kissing again. The Arab nations will never be our friends. We have too many Christians and Jews that practice our faith here. What muslim nation does not persecute Christians? Nice try BO.
Just the kind of hateful unAmerican rhetoric that voters rejected last November.

All nations need to reject the hateful paranoid minority of human kind that seeks to antagonize and demonize other religions, nations.

Look at the damage Bush and his dumbell supporters did to this Country?

Old 06-06-2009, 09:05 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,342,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Just the kind of hateful unAmerican rhetoric that voters rejected last November.

All nations need to reject the hateful paranoid minority of human kind that seeks to antagonize and demonize other religions, nations.

Look at the damage Bush and his dumbell supporters did to this Country?
+1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies