Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2009, 10:08 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times

Advertisements

washingtonpost.com

Quote:
The Obama administration objected yesterday to the release of certain Bush-era documents that detail the videotaped interrogations of CIA detainees at secret prisons, arguing to a federal judge that doing so would endanger national security and benefit al-Qaeda's recruitment efforts.

In an affidavit, CIA Director Leon E. Panetta defended the classification of records describing the contents of the 92 videotapes, their destruction by the CIA in 2005 and what he called "sensitive operational information" about the interrogations
I don't suppose this will go over well with the leftists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 10:15 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Obama got it right this time. It's truly unfortunate that he caved to pressure by releasing ANY of the interrogation memos to begin with. It's for this very reason that I believe Obama is gullible and an inexperienced leader. Someone convinced him it was the right thing to do, he believed it, and Democrats have suffered heartburn because of it. This time he keeps them secret like he should have done to begin with. Obama learned a hard lesson on the way to reality.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:28 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Obama got it right this time. It's truly unfortunate that he caved to pressure by releasing ANY of the interrogation memos to begin with. It's for this very reason that I believe Obama is gullible and an inexperienced leader. Someone convinced him it was the right thing to do, he believed it, and Democrats have suffered heartburn because of it. This time he keeps them secret like he should have done to begin with. Obama learned a hard lesson on the way to reality.
So nice that after eight years we now have a president who IS capable of learning!

Must be quite awkward for the Righties to see Obama do what they hoped he would do...

Old 06-09-2009, 10:31 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,055,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So nice that after eight years we now have a president who IS capable of learning!

Must be quite awkward for the Righties to see Obama do what they hoped he would do...
So you are admitting you were wrong to hammer the bush administration RIGHT?

Old 06-09-2009, 10:46 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:

Oh my. It must be humiliating to say the least to sacrifice your integrity in defense of a policy you railed against when bush was in charge.

Can't get any more hypocritical than this.

I think most of us realized the frothing rage from the left was only because bush had an (R) behind his name.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:52 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,394,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh my. It must be humiliating to say the least to sacrifice your integrity in defense of a policy you railed against when bush was in charge.

Can't get any more hypocritical than this.

I think most of us realized the frothing rage from the left was only because bush had an (R) behind his name.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:56 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
I disagree. I think that ALL previously secret information should be released just so we could see what atrocities have been committed in our name. Keeping this stuff secret is just high level bureaucratic a** covering.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
So you are admitting you were wrong to hammer the bush administration RIGHT?
With that senseless twist you proved you are truly a Limbaugh child.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I disagree. I think that ALL previously secret information should be released just so we could see what atrocities have been committed in our name. Keeping this stuff secret is just high level bureaucratic a** covering.
Yes, it should but it must so gawdawful that even political enemies don't want it released....knew the Cheney administration was evil but how evil????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies