Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 01:39 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
How a baby can be seen as punishment is what is screwed up.
LOL, you're serious?

Old 06-11-2009, 03:35 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum333 View Post
It's a punishment to FORCE a woman against her own choice. That's what the punishment is.

I know WAY too many friends of mine who have been raped, sexually abused, beaten, dirt poor, and terrorized by some man in their life, for me to actually sit here and try to judge a woman.

It's awful when a woman doesn't value life and continues to have abortions or treats them as a joke..but this is NOT normally the case...trashy women like that probably only account for maybe 1-5% @ MOST.

But THANK GOD, we, as women, have rights over our bodies..I wouldn't have it any other way. I, as a potential mother, have the ability to decide for myself, what is best. I don't see myself having an abortion for convenience..but for medical reasons and/or rape...yes.

This is beyond exasperating!!!!!!!!! Why don't we put an end to women being abused in our society????? That is the 64 billion dollar question.

When they go to their doctor for help and the only help is an abortion---then what? She goes back to the same abuse and horrid situation. THAT IS WHAT ABORTION MILLS DO. They don't help the woman get out of the situation, they won't tell the police if the girl is underage and comes in with an older man or they tell the girls not to tell who the father is if he is underage. They send them back to be abused again and again.

THAT IS HAVING NO RIGHTS OVER OUR BODIES. THE BIG LIE.

Don't you see something wrong with this cycle of abuse? Just pay for the abortion and be on your way. None of our business and anyway it's good money.

Then when the woman is older and wants to start a family she has lost her fertility with all the scar tissue from abortions. Why don't you go to a web site that has women who tell their stories of abortion. No, once again, ignorance is comforting.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:42 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I also don't think anyone should feel like they have to have a baby so someone else can adopt it.
Well then, the logic should follow that when you get old and frail and a burden to your children you should have your head bashed and your brain sucked out so as to relieve your children of that unwanted burden. Is that what I am hearing you say? Correct me if I'm wrong, otherwise there is some sort of moral disconnect here that sounds a bit narcissistic and self preserving.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:43 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,012,232 times
Quote:
This is beyond exasperating!!!!!!!!! Why don't we put an end to women being abused in our society????? That is the 64 billion dollar question.

When they go to their doctor for help and the only help is an abortion---then what? She goes back to the same abuse and horrid situation. THAT IS WHAT ABORTION MILLS DO. They don't help the woman get out of the situation, they won't tell the police if the girl is underage and comes in with an older man or they tell the girls not to tell who the father is if he is underage. They send them back to be abused again and again.

Don't you see something wrong with this cycle of abuse? Just pay for the abortion and be on your way. None of our business and anyway it's good money.

Then when the woman is older and wants to start a family she has lost her fertility with all the scar tissue from abortions. Why don't you go to a web site that has women who tell their stories of abortion. No, once again, ignorance is comforting.
Your way off base with this.

The problem with abused woman is that they do not get out of the cycle themselves. They are trapped. No matter what you say or what you do they will not learn until they hit some sort of "rock bottom".

woman aren't just abused physically or verbally once or twice, file a report and move on. Ask any officer..woman drop charges, woman go back or allow the abuser back into their homes despite many types of support systems out there. It has nothign to do with what is available to them or not.

You make it sound like all abortions that occur are occurring because of some sort of abuse? It could simply be that for whatever reason a person had sex with another and an accidental.. yes accidental pregnancy ocurred for whatever reason. And for whatever reason that person decides that having the baby is NOT the right choice for them. Period. I happen to know someone that despite being on the pill she got pregnant by her BF her first year in college. He turned out to be a jerk, denied it was his. She ended up having to decide one of three options.. before she ever went to a clinic of any sort to speak to anyone, she knew what her options were. She ended up deciding that she personally couldn't live with having an abortion, nor could she live giving birth to a child and giving him up. The choice she felt she could live with best was having the child and raising that child as a single mother.. One that is fortunate enough to have a support system (the family) to stand by her no matter what decision she made. The point is. SHE HAD CHOICES... and she chose. Her right.. everyone's right!

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. If a woman ends up abused with multiple pregnancies (which I doubt it is as common as you seem to think it is) and continues to go back to the abuser, that is her choice and no amount of coercion from anyone is going to make her make a different choice. Ask any cop that ever came up against a domestic abuse case in which they were responding multiple times to the scene only for things to remain the same.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:14 PM

341 posts, read 452,558 times
Quote:

Little Janelle...sweetheart, not ALL abused women have abortions. However, I do know MANY who have.

Yes, there are many abortion mills. I will NOT deny that. I have been
to a clinic myself..a definite mill. I know that not all places are like this..but I definitely find it unfortunate that they really don't care about what they are doing and performing 5-8 abortions in an hour.

However, in regards to ignorance being comfortable...well....I guess I'm really uncomfortable..I know so many abortion survivors that I can't even count them on my fingers. I have first hand experience..which is probably why I find your quirky little comments so juvenile and annoying. You clearly haven't lived outside of your little shell.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:39 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum333 View Post
Little Janelle...sweetheart, not ALL abused women have abortions. However, I do know MANY who have.

Yes, there are many abortion mills. I will NOT deny that. I have been
to a clinic myself..a definite mill. I know that not all places are like this..but I definitely find it unfortunate that they really don't care about what they are doing and performing 5-8 abortions in an hour.

However, in regards to ignorance being comfortable...well....I guess I'm really uncomfortable..I know so many abortion survivors that I can't even count them on my fingers. I have first hand experience..which is probably why I find your quirky little comments so juvenile and annoying. You clearly haven't lived outside of your little shell.

Now here is where as a man I have to back away from the discussion. You lead in an admirable way. So long as one can interpret the logic and reason of the posters. One of you is wrong in the framework of that logic and reason and you demonstrate it in your own comments.
You agree and yet you disagree.
In your comments you are both against abortion and yet one of you seems to still endorse it in spite of the imagined differences. This is the truest example I have ever seen of political sensibility trumping logic,reality,truth.
Platinum 333 the abortion "survivors" you don't know, are the children, that would have lived the very same life you will live to your own genetic fruition. They deserve to have lived that life to their own genetic fruition.
god.amn!
These four posts should be carved in stone. Maybe taken to the supreme court!

Last edited by Atilla; 06-11-2009 at 08:55 PM..

Old 06-11-2009, 08:40 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,474,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Now here is where as a man I have to back away from the discussion. YOu agree and yet you disagree. In your comments you are both against abortion and yet one of you seems to still endorse it in spite of the imagined differences.
That's because she's not pro-abortion, she's pro-choice. Welcome to the discussion.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:21 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Victory for the Pro-life movement indeed.
This is no "victory" for anyone. The end does NOT justify the means.

And when will we, as a society, make a real and concerted effort to prevent the huge numbers of unplanned pregnancies from ocurring in the first place, instead of fighting about it after the fact?

It seems both the 'pro-life' and 'pro-choice' people do not give a sh*t about that. End the culture war? Oh, no! What would they do to get their dose of drama if abortion became rare?

Old 06-11-2009, 09:25 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
I also don't think anyone should feel like they have to have a baby so someone else can adopt it.
Yeah! I love when women say they could never, ever, ever think of giving the child up for adoption, but they have no qualms about aborting it. How does this make sense.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:08 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Neither do I, but in many cases it would be a better choice than keeping the baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
and there is the terrorist slur again! Could it be that people don't see this one guy as a terrorist but just a man that believed babies should not be slaughtered at 9 months for someone's headache? The law will take care of this man.
If those were his beliefs, he should have been working to change the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies