Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 02:21 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
"The Axis of Idiots"
When you call someone a idiot, you need to demonstrate at least a modicum of intelligence regarding historical events. For example:

"Jimmy Carter, you are the father of the Islamic Nazi movement. You
threw the Shah under the bus, welcomed the Ayatollah home, and then
lacked the spine to confront the terrorists when they took our embassy
and our people hostage. You're the runner-in-chief."

Threw the Shah under the bus? The revolution against one of the most dictatorial and repressive regimes was about as wide spread across a broad cross-section of Iranians as to make any reasonable support of the regime impossible. Carter's mistake, if any, was not throwing the Shah far enough under the bus, starting the engine, driving over him and putting the bus in reverse and repeating the process.

As for confronting the "terrorist" who took over the Embassy, how exactly were they to be confronted? I am dying to hear the Sgt's game plan for that one.

If you can't get your first point right, I rarely see any reason for going any further.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 02:22 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
No mention of Reagan? Iran-backed terrorists bombed the Beirut Marine barracks, killing 220 marines. Reagan did - what? Well, he withdrew.
Thank you!

Old 06-09-2009, 02:28 PM

43 posts, read 49,875 times
The good Sgt. Major doesn't understand that his "GOP" has been hijacked by Neocons who support a Israel-centric foreign policy. The GOP has moved far from conservative ideals.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:31 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
No mention of Reagan? Iran-backed terrorists bombed the Beirut Marine barracks, killing 220 marines. Reagan did - what? Well, he withdrew.

(Notably, 3 years later, senior elememnts in his administration proceeded to arm that very same Iran - the US enemy #1 - with missiles, in some arms-for-hostages horsetrading. Illegally, of course. Feel free to believe that Reagan didn't know about it. I don't.)

Yet Sgt. Pendry has no comment on his brothers in arms dying unavenged, with the US arming the perpetrators 3 short years later, it seems. Or it didn't really fit the message?
Reagan, and all of America learned two lessons after that bombing. One, Reagan realized he made a mistake, and he learned to never commit military troops unless you are prepared to follow thru, and never use them just for a false show of force. Two, we learned that terrorists were willing to commit suicide, and employ truck bombs.

Are you saying that we should have started aggressive retaliations against Hezbollah, and other terrorists groups, back in the 1980s?

Are you excusing Clinton for not learning from Reagan's mistake in Lebanon, and repeating it in Mogadishu??

Old 06-09-2009, 02:48 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,786,133 times
Default Hi from Iraq.

Dear City Data readers,
I'm on deployment in Iraq.
My unit has only been in country two months and already we have one man wounded, shrapnel through both legs and one vehicle destroyed in another attack. (Fortunately no casualties that time...)
The first attack was a suicide bomber....some crazed individual with an explosive vest. He walked into a crowd where we were talking with local business owners, just simple ordinary men and county officials talking about additional development in a recently reopened marketplace....There were people everywhere....women and children....then this mutant blows himself up…..
Three US troops were killed....guys from another unit that we were out with...and our guy got hit in the legs....The Iraqis lost dozens.

(do you smug snobby civilians know how they clean up all the blood?....with fire hoses....they wash it into the gutters...with all the empty plastic bottles and trash...try...TRY to visualize THAT....)

..They wash away the blood with fire hoses......that WE provided to the fire departments ......that use fire-engines that WE gave them....

We are pouring money into the communities here...we are working furiously to help Iraq....
The terrorists don't....they just blow s/h/i/t up.....
We build....
Schools,
Hospitals,
New roads...and fix old ones...
Irrigation systems,
Highway lighting, (SOLAR lighting no less....GREEN TECHNOLOGY! IMAGINE)
Bridges,
Ports...both seaports and airports...
We give...GIVE away books to school children.....we give books away by the TON.....

The terrorists collect these books....and burn them....they don't want the Iraqi people to learn anything but some twisted view of the Koran...and the best way to kill Americans....and all other "infidels".....

We provide micro-grants and easy loans to Women owned businesses...so they can scrape out some sort of living...

The terrorists come and throw acid on these women's faces...

The terrorists’ cut people’s heads off.....and then cheer as they dance around the headless corpses....

We don't do that…but somehow to the morons at AP, the New York Times, Washington Post…..CNN and all the rest…somehow WE….the Americans…are bad….

WHAT GIVES?

I salute every Iraqi I see in uniform....regardless of rank.....I wave at the kids and smile and greet everyone....people smile and wave back as our convoy drives past.....I personally hand out HUGE sums of money for development and reconstruction….I process small business loans and grants to simple ORDINARY Iraqis’…….Terrorists shoot people in the back…and they think this is “god’s workâ€â€¦â€¦and the freaks protesting back “home†think the terrorists are somehow great people……

WHAT GIVES?

The American public...the vast majority of which can't even BEGIN to fathom the depths that the terrorists will go to ...to kill.....kill completely without thought....indiscriminately....had better wake up to the threat they face....at HOME in AMERICA....Terrorist cells exist in AMERICA....

Our fighting over here....all our efforts to rebuild this country...bring it back up....not only from the war but from decades of mismanagement of corrupt murderous dictatorial "leaders"....has absolutely kept America safe by keeping the terrorists tied down over here...not planning attacks in the US.....

FOR NOW....

The terrorists WANT chaos...they WANT the country to collapse...they want the US and the West to collapse....and any US citizen who helps terrorists...of any kind.....is a traitor...(duh)....and should be tried for SEDITION...

Some Americans still support us…WE LOVE YOU….and the care packages…they are GREAT…Keep em’ coming!!!!

…as for the rest of you…..shut your MOUTHS……or get yr’ a.s.s. over here and get an education…..

...oh...and it's hotter'n hell here.....

Old 06-09-2009, 02:54 PM

646 posts, read 801,783 times
So let us look at the Clinton years.Why did his administration not capture the most dangerous man in the world.Kahlid Sheikh Mohammed was the mastermind of the first WTC attack,he went on and planned and carried out the U.S.S. Cole attack.He was free to roam and went on to mastermind,yes not Bin Laden he went to Osama with the groundwork for the second WTC attack.This man was the mastermind,without Mohammed WTC attack 2 would not have happened.He went on and personally beheaded Daniel Pearl before the Bush administration captured him.He was the brains in Al Queda.Not to mention Sudan had Bin Laden and offered him to Clinton,but we all know that the president was a little preoccupied with mor important things like Lewinsky.Osama was just the financer Mohammed was the brains and Clinton let both roam.

Old 06-09-2009, 03:10 PM

646 posts, read 801,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
Dear City Data readers,
My unit has only been in country two months and already we have one man wounded, shrapnel through both legs and one vehicle destroyed in another attack. (Fortunately no casualties that time...)
The first attack was a suicide bomber....some crazed individual with an explosive vest. He walked into a crowd where we were talking with local business owners, just simple ordinary men and county officials talking about additional development in a recently reopened marketplace....There were people everywhere....women and children....then this mutant blows himself up…..
Three US troops were killed....guys from another unit that we were out with...and our guy got hit in the legs....The Iraqis lost dozens.

(do you smug snobby civilians know how they clean up all the blood?....with fire hoses....they wash it into the gutters...with all the empty plastic bottles and trash...try...TRY to visualize THAT....)

..They wash away the blood with fire hoses......that WE provided to the fire departments ......that use fire-engines that WE gave them....

We are pouring money into the communities here...we are working furiously to help Iraq....
We build....
Schools,
Hospitals,
Irrigation systems,
Bridges,
We give...GIVE away books to school children.....we give books away by the TON.....

The terrorists collect these books....and burn them....they don't want the Iraqi people to learn anything but some twisted view of the Koran...and the best way to kill Americans....and all other "infidels".....

We provide micro-grants and easy loans to Women owned businesses...so they can scrape out some sort of living...

The terrorists’ cut people’s heads off.....and then cheer as they dance around the headless corpses....

We don't do that…but somehow to the morons at AP, the New York Times, Washington Post…..CNN and all the rest…somehow WE….the Americans…are bad….

WHAT GIVES?

I salute every Iraqi I see in uniform....regardless of rank.....I wave at the kids and smile and greet everyone....people smile and wave back as our convoy drives past.....I personally hand out HUGE sums of money for development and reconstruction….I process small business loans and grants to simple ORDINARY Iraqis’…….Terrorists shoot people in the back…and they think this is “god’s workâ€â€¦â€¦and the freaks protesting back “home†think the terrorists are somehow great people……

WHAT GIVES?

The American public...the vast majority of which can't even BEGIN to fathom the depths that the terrorists will go to ...to kill.....kill completely without thought....indiscriminately....had better wake up to the threat they face....at HOME in AMERICA....Terrorist cells exist in AMERICA....

Our fighting over here....all our efforts to rebuild this country...bring it back up....not only from the war but from decades of mismanagement of corrupt murderous dictatorial "leaders"....has absolutely kept America safe by keeping the terrorists tied down over here...not planning attacks in the US.....

FOR NOW....

The terrorists WANT chaos...they WANT the country to collapse...they want the US and the West to collapse....and any US citizen who helps terrorists...of any kind.....is a traitor...(duh)....and should be tried for SEDITION...

Some Americans still support us…WE LOVE YOU….and the care packages…they are GREAT…Keep em’ coming!!!!

…as for the rest of you…..shut your MOUTHS……or get yr’ a.s.s. over here and get an education…..

Be safe and God bless you.Thank you

Old 06-09-2009, 03:19 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
So let us look at the Clinton years.Why did his administration not capture the most dangerous man in the world.Kahlid Sheikh Mohammed was the mastermind of the first WTC attack,he went on and planned and carried out the U.S.S. Cole attack.He was free to roam and went on to mastermind,yes not Bin Laden he went to Osama with the groundwork for the second WTC attack.This man was the mastermind,without Mohammed WTC attack 2 would not have happened.He went on and personally beheaded Daniel Pearl before the Bush administration captured him.He was the brains in Al Queda.Not to mention Sudan had Bin Laden and offered him to Clinton,but we all know that the president was a little preoccupied with mor important things like Lewinsky.Osama was just the financer Mohammed was the brains and Clinton let both roam.
mary phagan....mary phagan...we call the spirit of Mary Phagan...Little Mary Phagan....

And the Dead Shall Rise: The Murder of Mary Phagan and the Lynching of Leo Frank
Oney has read extensively through court transcripts, contemporary newspaper articles, judicial and legal documents, and personal papers, uncovering new and unsettling material, most notably, that the men who planned Frank's lynching-they referred to themselves as the Knights of Mary Phagan-were, or became, very important state politicians. The historical canvas here is broad, and Frank's story becomes a tapestry of American ethnicity, fear, hate and power. Oney carefully maps the history of the Jewish community in the South; the role that New York newspapers played in publicizing the trial and attacking anti-Semitism; and the complex role that racism and the interactions between black and white Georgians played in Frank's conviction.
Sounds really interesting! Did you name yourself after *this* Mary Phagan?

Last edited by delusianne; 06-09-2009 at 03:40 PM..

Old 06-09-2009, 03:31 PM

43 posts, read 49,875 times
The most intelligent former military man around is Anthony Charles Zinni (born September 17, 1943) is a retired four-star [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_officer"]General[/URL] in the [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marine_Corps"]United States Marine Corps[/URL] and a former Commander in Chief of [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Central_Command"]U.S. Central Command[/URL] (CENTCOM).

He was against the Neocons, but unfortunately Bush chose to side with the Neocons and now we see all the BS they created for Americans.

Old 06-09-2009, 03:32 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
Dear City Data readers,

We build....
Schools,
Hospitals,
Irrigation systems,
Bridges,

WHAT GIVES?

I salute every Iraqi I see in uniform....regardless of rank.....I wave at the kids and smile and greet everyone....people smile and wave back as our convoy drives past.....I personally hand out HUGE sums of money for development and reconstruction….I process small business loans and grants to simple ORDINARY Iraqis’…….Terrorists shoot people in the back…and they think this is “god’s work”……and the freaks protesting back “home” think the terrorists are somehow great people……

WHAT GIVES?

FOR NOW....

Thank you for your service! I was in The Big Sandbox this time last year and it was 126 degrees and getting hotter by the day! I hope you are able to avoid aircraft aprons (150+ degrees!). Keep up the good work my friend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies