Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 08:23 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,000,367 times

Advertisements

Akres v Fox News.

Remember: no US domestic media needs to tell the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 07:55 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
What a nightmre scenario the the lone wolf would be for the left. What a golden opportunity to destroy free speech would be lost if no connection were made to the groups you hate.
I dont exactly understand your statements, though I realize you're just spewing the Kool Aid you ingest. This is the definition of left wing:
In general, left implies a commitment to egalitarianism, support for a 'liberal' social policy and multiculturalism. The contemporary left usually defines itself as promoting government regulation of business, commerce, and industry; protection of fundamental rights (especially freedom of speech and separation of church and state); and government intervention on behalf of racial, ethnic, and sexual minorities and the poor.

Left-right politics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Does that sound like this guy? Be honest.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:57 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Maybe Maddow should take your advice too.

//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...dow-moron.html
"Maddow earned a degree in public policy from Stanford University in 1994.[4] At graduation she was awarded the John Gardner Fellowship. She was also the recipient of a Rhodes Scholarship and began her postgraduate study in 1995 at Lincoln College, Oxford. In 2001, she completed her Doctor of Philosophy degree (styled a DPhil) in political science from the University of Oxford.[5]" - RM wiki

Yep, that's the definition of a moron, all right.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:03 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Its very simple--her audience are too stupid to figure out how to install that new digital converter box

That or they're still waiting on the government to give them one for free.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Everytime i've tried to watch Rachel Maddow, I always found myself thinking I was watching a female (?) version of Keith Olbermann. The tone and sarcasm she invokes is damn near identical to his. It's for that reason that she lost any credibility with me (not that she had much to begin with, but I did give her the benefit of the doubt). I'm not surprised that she's about to be history.

Your description is a little off. She is a male version of Keith O.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:12 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
You can disagree with her views, but she certainly is no moron. Palin calling her that is laughable.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:29 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
Well that is an interesting take. I think her future is in SF local radio.
SF? Science Fiction or San Francisco (wait, they are the same thing!)

Old 06-12-2009, 08:32 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
"Maddow earned a degree in public policy from Stanford University in 1994.[4] At graduation she was awarded the John Gardner Fellowship. She was also the recipient of a Rhodes Scholarship and began her postgraduate study in 1995 at Lincoln College, Oxford. In 2001, she completed her Doctor of Philosophy degree (styled a DPhil) in political science from the University of Oxford.[5]" - RM wiki

Yep, that's the definition of a moron, all right.

It is not the tests or courses you passed, it is the use of the knowledge acquired that counts. Her use is less than stellar.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:11 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
That or they're still waiting on the government to give them one for free.

You know an awful lot about the conversion process, clearly.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post

You know an awful lot about the conversion process, clearly.

Awesome. A stalker. Would it be because I put you in your place the other day? Nah...that couldnt have anything to do with it.

Thanks for the compliment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies