Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 10:46 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times

Advertisements

A simple observation of the wars of the 20th and 21st centuries’ leads me to conclude that endless war = endless profit for the suppliers of the equipment and the money. Many, many people are dying, both ours and our "enemies", to fuel this ultimate example of monopoly capitalism. The loss of endlessly replaceable untermensch is a price never paid by the profiteers.

We dare not stop the Endless War because if we did our militarists and financiers would be abandoned by MAMMON and the debt ridden house of cards would completely fail destroying any ability to actually pay off the infinite debt. Not that the ability actually exists anyway.

To paraphrase Pogo, “We have seen the enemy and he is not us. He really is them!”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 10:49 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,789,006 times
Dont confuse this piddly-ass war with Vietnam, where real men fought with rifles, not shooting artillery at someone from 30 miles away.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:58 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
Dont confuse this piddly-ass war with Vietnam, where real men fought with rifles, not shooting artillery at someone from 30 miles away.
We had plenty of Arty in Nam and used it often, not to mention air stikes. War is war, and though sometimes necessary, is best avoided when possible.
Casper

Old 09-22-2009, 11:05 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,740,370 times
Soooo, ignoring those who profit from all wars is not germane? Vietnam, nor any other war we fought since WWI would have even been possible without our Central Bank and their shareholders. I think to ignore this very real incentive by the issuers of debt to promote war for their own profits is foolish. If these people were not in power throughout the world we would not have been in any wars during this or the last century because only their debt instruments made war even possible. Keep waving those flags people of the nations of the world, you all die for the same people that have never been elected, could care less about your beliefs, and swim in the vast profits made by your blood on all sides. All wars, any wars, regardless of victor, are really fought to enrich the Central Banks of the world.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:31 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Soooo, ignoring those who profit from all wars is not germane? Vietnam, nor any other war we fought since WWI would have even been possible without our Central Bank and their shareholders. I think to ignore this very real incentive by the issuers of debt to promote war for their own profits is foolish. If these people were not in power throughout the world we would not have been in any wars during this or the last century because only their debt instruments made war even possible. Keep waving those flags people of the nations of the world, you all die for the same people that have never been elected, could care less about your beliefs, and swim in the vast profits made by your blood on all sides. All wars, any wars, regardless of victor, are really fought to enrich the Central Banks of the world.
I certainly never said it was. If the central bank is responsible, then couldn't this apply to every single issue in America that concerns money?

Old 09-22-2009, 11:32 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
As one of the most vulnerable young men, I graduated from high school about one month before Truman involved us in Korea, I supported what he did from the beginning. He promised all those endangered countries of Southeast Asia that we would help them if Communism threatened them. Of course, his promise was dependent on the "domino theory" and the fact that the UN had helped with the divisions of territory in those places. I have never been able to blame Truman's actions on that military-industrial complex that Eisenhower told us about. I have always thought that Truman promised action and provided it.

Lets look at what he did. He said that he was sending troops to Korea and while the UN took weeks debating what to do he would be stopping the attempt by the North to take over the entire country. He did what he had promised and I became a more staunch supporter of him because of it. I have since changed my party support but still old "Give 'em hell Harry" a great and honorable man who came from a corrupt local government.

I do believe that we need to either get on or get off and either win this thing or bring the troops home because they don't have the support of the citizenry.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:57 AM

I particularly enjoyed this point of the article.

Quote:
To cite General Palmer’s formulation, the citizens of this country at present do appear willing to “stand still” when considering the prospect of war that goes on and on. While there are many explanations for why Americans have disengaged from the Long War, the most important, in my view, is that so few of us have any immediate personal stake in that conflict.
It seems that those who don't have any stake in the war are the most most eager for other people to fight it.

Want to end our occupations and wars, bring back the draft and offer a chance for everyone to have a personal stake in it. If that is unacceptable, then raise taxes to fund these endless, open ended, ill defined engagements.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:58 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,740,370 times
I certainly never said it was. If the central bank is responsible, then couldn't this apply to every single issue in America that concerns money?

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner.

As to the military complex they are simply tools used to generate the demand for the debt. While their motives for war are clear, they in and of themselves, do not make war possible. It is only the issuers of debt that make war possible. Bomb makers may plead to go to war but the government cannot pay for those bombs until the Central Bank, er Federal Reserve, allows that to happen.

Did the arms manufacturers donate weapons to Hitlers future war machine? Did we respond to Japan's attack on us with our own money? No. The same group of shareholders of our Federal Reserve and that of the Reichsbank funded the massive militaries that made it all possible.

Old 09-22-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner.

As to the military complex they are simply tools used to generate the demand for the debt. While their motives for war are clear, they in and of themselves, do not make war possible. It is only the issuers of debt that make war possible. Bomb makers may plead to go to war but the government cannot pay for those bombs until the Central Bank, er Federal Reserve, allows that to happen.

Did the arms manufacturers donate weapons to Hitlers future war machine? Did we respond to Japan's attack on us with our own money? No. The same group of shareholders of our Federal Reserve and that of the Reichsbank funded the massive militaries that made it all possible.
Best of luck telling the average American that the reason we are in Afghanistan and Iraq fighting wars and occupying nations is due to the central bank.

Old 09-22-2009, 01:34 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,903,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Sometimes praying and talking just doesn't cut it. Sometimes evil must be confronted with force and defeated.

I assume you thought the US should not have involved itself in WWII?
WW2 was a war that the United States wanted no part of ... we went because we had to (we were quite literally forced into it).

Everytime we go in when we don't have to ... we lose.

Viet Nam ... As with Korea, we should have just let the French get their asses kicked and called it a day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies