Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 04:35 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevar242 View Post
Nice post
Letterboy and those who think like you do not understand the meaning of RAPE and underage innocent females.
Do you really think Palin was doing anything other than grandstanding by going after Letterman?
She nominated Wayne Anthony Ross for Attorney General and he is on record for saying:

“If a guy can’t rape his wife, who’s he gonna rape?”

“There wouldn’t be an issue with domestic violence if women would learn to keep their mouths shut.”

Is it unreasonable to call Palin a hypocrite?

Small Point – Sarah Palin a “Feminist” in Words, Not Deeds « Submitted to a Candid World
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 04:39 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,310,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Is it unreasonable to call Palin a hypocrite?
No it is not. That does not make her position any less valid, or Letterman's joke any less offensive.

If we are going to discount every politician that is hypocritical, we would have nobody to pick on.

Old 06-17-2009, 04:49 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
See I and many others feel obama should stay in Washington and Quit Campaigning and do his job as President!
See, I, and many others, believe he is doing his job as President.

But, guess what!?!? The 1st Amendment gives you the right to disagree with me and many others. It also gives comedians the right to tell jokes. It also doesn't qualify between good jokes or bad jokes.

A COMEDIAN told a tasteless, inappropriate joke about a Palin daughter getting knocked up by a baseball player.

'OMG! Todd, get the moose rifle!!!'

A COMEDY SHOW aired a tasteless, inappropriate joke about Todd Palin 'doing' his daughters.

'OMG! Todd, I have to be a guest that show!!!!'

Old 06-17-2009, 04:51 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
It is amazing the sideshows this countries has that are utilized to distract it from all the real problems.
I agree. Why isn't Wailin' Palin taking care of Alaska business instead of running between talk shows blaming Letterman for her daughter's promiscuity?

Old 06-17-2009, 08:54 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
So isn't obama campaigning still! Or is that ok.
Obama isn't holding any office but that of POTUS. He's attending to the business that the people of this country elected him to attend to(whether you personally agree with his policies or not). Sarah Palin is putting this state second to her delusions of '12.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:33 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
See I and many others feel obama should stay in Washington and Quit Campaigning and do his job as President!
'Scuse me, but Obama is the President of ALL of the U.S. not just Washington , DC.....He BELONGS among his EMPLOYERS...his JOB is to communicate with us (his EMPLOYERS).

I know you got used to a President who didn't want to communicate with his employers much (and had a lot of trouble just communicating) and a VP who couldn't find his voice until he was out of office.....but get used to the way things SHOULD BE!!!!

Old 06-18-2009, 06:46 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,154,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by from PA View Post
He apologized again last night. IMO it looked like he was forced to do it. It did not seem sincere. His writers are at fault, they should have done their homework and it was wrong to make innocent children the subject of such a cruel joke. It wasn't funny anyway. Letterman is better when he is spontaneous and I like his interviewing techniques but never really cared for his monologue.

Nobody can or ever will replace Johnny Carson. He truly was the KING of late night The only other late night host with true talent is Craig Ferguson. Hope he moves up to an earlier time slot. He is proud to be an American and I really admire that in him.

I don't believe Letterman should have apologized at all. I'm really disgusted by this thin-skinned, oh so delicate and oh so sensitive nonsense.

Is this what Americans have become? Weak-willed, thin-skinned, overly-sensitive soft-bellies who lose their friggin' minds over any stupid thingm someone says or does?

Where was all this sensitivity when Chelsea Clinton was getting ripped on a daily basis, by just about every talk show host and comedian....across the country? And a lot of republicans gleefully took part in the ripping of Chelsea. Talk show hosts like Rush Limbaugh and others were ripping a very young 12...13...14 year old Chelsea, on regular basis.

I don't recall Republicans being so sensitive and outraged when Chelsea was the butt of so many jokes. In fact, Republicans took great joy in the jokes and rips

Truth is, a lot of the jokes were quite mean-spirited and nasty. Yet, Americans some how survived (as did Chelsea) and managed to make it through eight years of the Clinton administration without a single protest, feigned outburst of feigned outrage.

So why is there a double-standard, here?

I don't think the joke was even that funny. But I will fight and defend his right to tell a joke.

Some people in this country are resembling that which they claim to fight against.

It makes me laugh how so many Americans characterize Islamic countries, yet, they are the very same people who have been creating this overly-sensitive, facist-minded environment in America; where no one can speak their mind or tell a joke without people going berzerk with this overly-PC cr*p.

P.S.

You're not an innocent child when you've had sex, got pregnant and delivered the baby.

Not saying I perceive sex as a horrible, shameful thing. I don't.

But for a Vice President candidate who ran her goofy campaign soley-based on the premise of a " Biblically Correct" moral platform; the Palin family sure are exposing themselves for the hypocritical liars they truely are.

P.S. II

Sarah Palin's campaign speeches routinely contained content that was much more vicious, much more nasty and much more offensive; than anything Letterman could ever say.

This is all a huge load of cr*p being exploited by some of the biggest hypocrites to ever step forth on a political stage.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:09 AM

1,995 posts, read 3,377,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Time for the sensationalist media to let it go. The Jackass has "apologized", she has accepted. He (along with many other leftists) is simply threatened and afraid of her political position. She resonates with millions of people.... and he has a plummeting, dreary late-night job....
If you have ever watched him you would know that he is clearly a republican not a leftist. I miss Leno.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:14 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhillian View Post
If you have ever watched him you would know that he is clearly a republican not a leftist. I miss Leno.
I have watched him and he's clearly a Democrat and not a Fascist.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:43 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Some of us do have a life outside of CD.
17,880 posts, read 8,418,420 times

Are you sure?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies