Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 02:26 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"Change We Can Believe In" is officially dead. The new moniker is "Inexperienced Leadership In Over My Head". As many Bush policies that Obama has fought for and retained makes it all that more believable that Obama had no idea what he was getting into when he proclaimed that he would usher in change. Either he thought he could change Washington politics (ie. ignorance), or he knew he couldn't change it when he said he could (ie. liar). I'm not sure which one i'd want it to be if I were one among his flock that has been fleeced.
It was just a catchy slogan, that's all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 02:32 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,053,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
"Change We Can Believe In" is officially dead. The new moniker is "Inexperienced Leadership In Over My Head". As many Bush policies that Obama has fought for and retained makes it all that more believable that Obama had no idea what he was getting into when he proclaimed that he would usher in change. Either he thought he could change Washington politics (ie. ignorance), or he knew he couldn't change it when he said he could (ie. liar). I'm not sure which one i'd want it to be if I were one among his flock that has been fleeced.
While I do hold him responsible when I react to issues he is taking on, it really is not his fault. The Presidency is a puppet position. Washington is so deeply entrenched in corrupt politics it would take a major revolution to enable any noticable change. A new party gaining power would be a start although I believe we would need several different parties in power to create any semblance of a checks and balances system.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:35 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
While I do hold him responsible when I react to issues he is taking on, it really is not his fault. The Presidency is a puppet position. Washington is so deeply entrenched in corrupt politics it would take a major revolution to enable any noticable change. A new party gaining power would be a start although I believe we would need several different parties in power to create any semblance of a checks and balances system.
A third party, term limits, no lobbyists, limited campaign contributions, etc.
There are a number of things that COULD bring this government back to its original mission but all of them are detrimental to those in power.

They will not upset their own status quo. You can be sure that there is 100% agreement between the Dems/Repubs on that one.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:36 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
What I love about this transparency is now ABC is going to be bringing you the world news from inside the White House. Unbiased but without the voice of any opposition.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:39 PM

5,476 posts, read 12,247,018 times
Don't you know when Barry said more transparency he meant that Brian Williams and all the other media jokers in bed with Barry would get to broadcast their version of "The Real Life--White House Style"?

Old 06-16-2009, 02:49 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,217,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Want to point out that "hammering" from the Left?
AmericaBlog

Think Progress

Glenn Greenwald (http://feeds.salon.com/~r/salon/greenwald/~3/ZAYhd-z5n0s/index.html - broken link)

Proving once again that you don't know what you're talking about.

Old 06-16-2009, 03:07 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
I would not call that a "hammering".

Old 06-16-2009, 03:28 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Obama has no intention of any more 'transparency' in his regime than any other president has had. I find it amusing that he is retaining Bush implemented policy and how his adoring fans leap to defend him when that is brought up. Lol, all of a sudden not everything Bush did was so horribly bad. Any policy that the previous administration put in place that gives the government more power WILL be retained and utilized, of that we can be certain, and there was a LOT of such things that went in under Bushy. Obama will keep them all intact, quietly, perhaps, but keep them he will. At the end of the day he wants power. More and more of it. Just like any politician. Despite the praise and adoration heaped upon him he is not to be trusted. Charismatic, articulate, intelligent, and as mad for more power as any a man ever is or was.

Old 06-16-2009, 05:42 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Obama has no intention of any more 'transparency' in his regime than any other president has had. I find it amusing that he is retaining Bush implemented policy and how his adoring fans leap to defend him when that is brought up. Lol, all of a sudden not everything Bush did was so horribly bad. Any policy that the previous administration put in place that gives the government more power WILL be retained and utilized, of that we can be certain, and there was a LOT of such things that went in under Bushy. Obama will keep them all intact, quietly, perhaps, but keep them he will. At the end of the day he wants power. More and more of it. Just like any politician. Despite the praise and adoration heaped upon him he is not to be trusted. Charismatic, articulate, intelligent, and as mad for more power as any a man ever is or was.
Agreed.

So funny to see the similarities bewteen Obama and Bush......so I guess all the Obamatrons on this board were really closet Bushies.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:36 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Agreed.

So funny to see the similarities bewteen Obama and Bush......so I guess all the Obamatrons on this board were really closet Bushies.
This is exactly the kind of remark that serves no constructive purpose and is what my mother used to refer to as "poking". "Poking the beehive", "poking the hornets' nest", "poking the embers." You have numerous posts on this thread stating that people are as disappointed with Obama as they were with Bush on this issue. But you refuse to acknowledge that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies