Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 11:57 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times

Advertisements

The GOP juuuussssttt doesn’t get it. As long as they allow neo-goons like Limbaugh, Gingrich and Cheney, and poster girls like Simple Sarah do their talking for them, they will always be stumbling all over themselves to catch up. Note to the GOP... Shut Up and Listen.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-06-14/attack-of-the-zombie-republicans/?cid=hp:mostpopular2

Attack of the Zombie Republicans
by John Batchelor

John Batchelor is radio host of the John Batchelor Show in New York, Washington, D.C., San Francisco, and Los Angeles.

The GOP’s living dead won’t stop haunting their party, says lifelong Republican John Batchelor. Now Rush, Newt, and Dick are doing what zombies do best: laying waste to everyone’s brains.
[MOD CUT/copyright] Just like a re run of Hee Haw. So bad it's funny...

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-16-2009 at 04:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 11:59 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Look, its another "hate the GOP", "hate limbaugh", and name calling "Palin" thread. Do you guys get tired of the same old thread over, and over? Old news, find something important..

Old 06-16-2009, 12:09 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Look, its another "hate the GOP", "hate limbaugh", and name calling "Palin" thread. Do you guys get tired of the same old thread over, and over? Old news, find something important..
Shut up and listen comes to mind.

The reason the GOP is in shambles is because it was hijacked by Neo Cons like those listed above. They have been losing since 06 and yet they keep sticking to the same flawed ideology while expecting different results (the definition of insanity.)

Old 06-16-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Oh, but this IS important.

And, ph, there is no law that says you need to read every relevant thread and post inane answers.

I'm all for pro-choice, but you keep making the wrong one.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:10 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
A thread to ignore

Old 06-16-2009, 12:15 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Uhhhhhh . . . two thoughts come to mind.

It is the media giving these folks the air time. The last time I checked, Cheney is out of office . . . Limbaugh is paid to have a radio show and is not an official w/ the GOP . . . and Palin is the Gov of Alaska.

If the media would not ask for their comments . . . or listen to Rush . . . or seek out guest appearances by Palin and Newt . . . then it seems to me, they wouldn't have a voice. They have a voice b/c they get the MICROPHONE handed to them.

Tell me how to get the microphone handed to someone else. Do you own CNN or CBS, or ABC, or MSNBC? I don't, either. So I have no control over who these idiots hand the mike to. Doen't mean I want these folks to speak for me!!!!

Old 06-16-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
A thread to ignore

Looks like you failed miserably on that one.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:18 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,207,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
A thread to ignore
Yes, I see you ignored this thread long enough to post...

Old 06-16-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Uhhhhhh . . . two thoughts come to mind.

It is the media giving these folks the air time. The last time I checked, Cheney is out of office . . . Limbaugh is paid to have a radio show and is not an official w/ the GOP . . . and Palin is the Gov of Alaska.

If the media would not ask for their comments . . . or listen to Rush . . . or seek out guest appearances by Palin and Newt . . . then it seems to me, they wouldn't have a voice. They have a voice b/c they get the MICROPHONE handed to them.

Tell me how to get the microphone handed to someone else. Do you own CNN or CBS, or ABC, or MSNBC? I don't, either. So I have no control over who these idiots hand the mike to. Doen't mean I want these folks to speak for me!!!!

So it's the media's fault the GOP is out of touch with most of their constituency?

The blame falls in their own back yards.

Not the media, the problem is within the GOP itself.

Old 06-16-2009, 04:50 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,746 times
hey c'mon they are out of power and the country is doing good. and just look at our foriegn policy. barry. we shouldn;t meddle. hillary. were watching it closley. i mean our new gov is hitting home runs everyday. plus domestic issues are improving.poorly run companies are being bought out at a record pace. things look great
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies