Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 07:11 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,793,468 times

Advertisements

Obama's Plan for Gay Rights.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 07:28 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,774,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
He has a plan and if the gays will just be patient they will be pleased I am sure.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:29 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,976,623 times
Would you sell your soul and vote "lesser of two evils" if today was Nov 4, 2012 and the status quo of no additional gay rights was maintained, would you vote 3rd party, or would you stay home?

Old 06-16-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
He has a plan and if the gays will just be patient they will be pleased I am sure.
Yeah right.

YouTube - Punk Patriot * Leave Obama Alone!

Old 06-16-2009, 07:32 PM

Have gays ever considered a Gay March on Washington??? I mean they gripe alot- and rightly so- about their 2nd class status but they don't want to do something about it. I mean, they always have those parades on Gay Pride Day so why not have a big huge parade in DC on Gay Pride Day? If a million gays show up and raise hell, more will get done faster. Although I think Obama will do things for the gays, he can get alot more done if the gays show some backbone and quit being sheep.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:36 PM

7,948 posts, read 9,164,633 times
Quote:
Have gays ever considered a Gay March on Washington??? I mean they gripe alot- and rightly so- about their 2nd class status but they don't want to do something about it. I mean, they always have those parades on Gay Pride Day so why not have a big huge parade in DC on Gay Pride Day? If a million gays show up and raise hell, more will get done faster. Although I think Obama will do things for the gays, he can get alot more done if the gays show some backbone and quit being sheep.
Would you like to see their version of a tea bagging party? In another thread you stated that the tea bagging protests against taxes were stupid.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
Would you like to see their version of a tea bagging party? In another thread you stated that the tea bagging protests against taxes were stupid.
As I stated taxes are not that high in this country and most of the people at these tea parties probably don't pay much, if any, Federal Income Tax. And alot of them just hate Obama.
On the other hand, the gay community has a legit beef about their 2nd class status in the United States and the fact that they face discrimination in all facets of life including being unable to serve in the Armed Forces of the country which they are citizens of.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
As I stated taxes are not that high in this country and most of the people at these tea parties probably don't pay much, if any, Federal Income Tax. And alot of them just hate Obama.
On the other hand, the gay community has a legit beef about their 2nd class status in the United States and the fact that they face discrimination in all facets of life including being unable to serve in the Armed Forces of the country which they are citizens of.
The "teabaggers" hated the Bush/Obama team, not Obama alone. Also, most tea party protestors were protesting state and local taxes as well. NC is about to raise income tax to over 8% for people making over 200K, as well as possible increases in property tax. The only people who aren't paying income tax are poor people such as some rednecks and minority groups, neither of which I saw in any large number.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:53 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
So far, the only thing the gays have received from obama is a knife in the back.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
So far, the only thing the gays have received from obama is a knife in the back.
But guaranteed they'll line up like stupid lemmings to pull the lever for anyone (D) in '10 and '12, regardless of how their opinion is on gay rights.

If Obama is bold enough to ram through UHC and nationalization of companies + mega inflationary stimulus packages, he should be bold enough to assert rights for gays to marry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies