Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 06:21 AM

366 posts, read 1,186,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Have you laid out your clothes for the funeral, yet? You might want to get a band outta NOLA to play a doleful tune on the way to the cemetery, too.

According to this article, even the gray lady sez it's gonna be a cost ticker like no other. Funny, but since 1/20/09, seems like ALL moneys are extrapolated in the TRILLIONS of dollars. I wonder if the gubmint will ever accede to the next ILLION. I can only pray not, at least in MY lifetime.

And did you catch the canard in the opening para: the high priest of hope and change? Now, that's funny, really. Hopenchange, wonder how long the urban dictionaries will take to authenticate that term. Hope it'll be history before they do.

The American Spectator : How Obamacare Will Change Your Life

It also appears the author knows what he's yakking about. A short "bio" is at the bottom of the article.
Do you alway write in this style?
Or are you trying to sprinkle in some "ebonics" to make some subtle point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 06:31 AM

551 posts, read 855,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
You mean the VA Hospital at Walter Reed that was in deplorable condition, right? Well, that occurred under Bush's Leadership.
And what is Obama doing for our Vets now?? He doesn't give a rat's butt about them. He cares more for people who have done nothing for this country but enjoy it's benefits that were paid for with the blood of our brave veterans.

If Obama wants to get his plan passed, he needs to fix the VA system first, then make it a model to prove that his health care plan will work.

Heck, if he fixes the VA and treats our troops as they should be treated, then I may even support his health care plan even though it will bankrupt our country.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:36 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
You need to make a distinction between health care and health insurance. While many do not have health insurance (for a variety of reasons) no one is denied essential health care in this country.
Wrong!

Old 06-19-2009, 08:33 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
First of all, I am tired of the "Kool Aid" business. It doesn't mean anything, and it adds nothing to a conversation. Is this one of Rush's or Sean's terms?

"I am a health care professional and I think the health care system needs to be overhauled. To tell you the truth, the docs I work with, who are for the most part quite conservative, have said absolutely nothing about this bill, or about health care "reform" in general.

I don't know why you think HCPs will be paying more than anyone else in this plan. If you have employer-provided health insurance, you can keep it. What's the big deal?"

I believe you work in a pediatric setting now? Most of the initial cuts to pay for the plan will be to Medicare and Medicaid, so if you don't accept them your office won't initially be affected by it.

I work in homecare with both Medicare and Medicaid as primary payers (both pediatrics and adults). The large hospitals and non profit agencies I contract with are so concerned as to initiate a 30 day pay lag and to initiate a hiring freeze. So, there is a concern out there among healthcare professionals.
I do work in pediatrics and we don't have a lot of medicaid patients, you are correct. However, I have not heard any of our 5 docs say one word about health care reform, good or bad. Believe me, they do talk politics, this topic has just never come up.

It is always a policy to blame layoffs, hiring freezes, etc on as yet unpassed legislation. I've heard that before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies