Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 02:05 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times

Advertisements

Oh, the hypocrisy!!!! GOP votes against troop funding because of IMF funding. House minority leader Boehner apparently was FOR funding the IMF before he was against it...sound familiar?

Republicans: "We Abandon the Troops"

Scott Payne

Posted: June 18, 2009 10:28 AM

No one ever went broke betting on the hypocrisy of congressional Republicans.

For seven years, they blustered about how Democrats had failed to "support the troops in the field" by voting against appropriations to fund the war in Iraq. Now, almost all House Republicans have themselves voted against funding the war in Afghanistan.

Scott Payne: Republicans: "We Abandon the Troops"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 02:12 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
First order of business:

Please provide a direct link to the article in which the GOP proclaims : "We Abandon the Troops"

Quotes are used to quote people. I wanna see who said this.

Your credibility relies on it since you insist on posting this crap.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
First order of business:

Please provide a direct link to the article in which the GOP proclaims : "We Abandon the Troops"

Quotes are used to quote people. I wanna see who said this.

Your credibility relies on it since you insist on posting this crap.

The OP has a link. Read it. If you don't like a thread, don't post on it. I know I'm stating the obvious, but it seems to be needed in this case.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
The OP has a link. Read it. If you don't like a thread, don't post on it. I know I'm stating the obvious, but it seems to be needed in this case.
I did read it. And I don't see anyone in the GOP saying "We Abandon the Troops."

Again, show me who said it. You posted it, you prove it.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:19 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,193,044 times
I think this video shows what the real story is.

YouTube - Campaign to stop IMF and war funding

Old 06-18-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
I did read it. And I don't see anyone in the GOP saying "We Abandon the Troops."

Again, show me who said it, or refrain from posting untruths.

I posted an OP, you don't like it? Too bad. It points out the rank hypocrisy of the GOP, the same people who railed against the Dems for the same thing last year. As the OP, I repeat, the OP points out, the GOP should be held to their own standards.

Now, on your quotations concern, that should be addressed to the author of the OP, Mr. Payne. He can be reached by clicking the link thingy.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:21 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Quote:

Again, show me who said it. You posted it, you prove it.
Are you being deliberately obtuse? The OP took the article title, the op is not the one who said it.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Are you being deliberately obtuse? The OP took the article title, the op is not the one who said it.

Karfar, it's called diversion.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:27 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Quote:
Or something, I don't really know what the tactic is, this isn't the first time he's done that.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
No, its not called diversion. Believe it or not, I do see some of the hypocrisy of it all.

What I don't see are anyone in the GOP that says "We Abandon the Troops". Why is this an issue with me? Because you posted it and intended for it to be inflammatory. There are other reputable news sources that call out this hypocrisy without using intentionally false quotes. Because you post this crap all the time, it reflects on you as a poster. If you insist on posting BS lies from BS journalists, then it should, and does, reflect on your credibility.

You call it diversion, I call it crap journalism that you support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies