Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 07:54 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Nope, they realize they're on the way to obsolescence if they keep heading down this dead-end loser road. Hence the introduction of Shep Smith.
and speaking of Shep Smith -- O welly well!

"The Fox Report with Shepard Smith remains the top-rated newscast in cable news and is ranked third in the top programs in U.S. cable news.[3]" - Shep Smith wiki entry
Recently recognized as the second most trusted news anchor in the country in a TV Guide poll, Shepard Smith joined FOX News Channel at the network's inception in 1996. Currently, Smith anchors FNC's signature evening newscast, "The Fox Report," the No. 1 rated newscast ranking third overall in the top five programs in cable news.
http://www.xmradio.com/onxm/channelbio.xmc?ch=121 (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 07:57 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,348,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Although Obama doesn't like Fox News and is scared to be interviewt on that channel like all his associates are...he can't stop mentioning Fox News and it is great for the ratings!

I think Obama is dreaming about Fox News and maybe is hoping that one day he will be the owner of Fox News.
He doesn't mention them by name, those interviewing use their name, and he has been on Fox News before.

Anyway, he's now President, they should come to him.

Old 06-20-2009, 07:57 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,559,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Ratings are figures. Figures can be manipulated. I do not believe Fox pulls in theses numbers, unless it's just because Fox is now the Republican News Chanel and gets the Republican viewers. Who else would want to see almost 24 hour Republican party worship and relentless Obama basing?
Would that be similar to the figures in approval polls? They, to, are numbers which can be manipulated to show what someone wants them to show. Just saying.

Old 06-20-2009, 07:59 AM

Quote:
This is the silliest, blindest fantasy, but so many of you buy into it. Why?
Your fantasy? No idea why you buy into it. Not enough true reasoning on your part?

Old 06-20-2009, 08:00 AM

#1 - Maybe you all are thinking of Fox's wretched, disgusting "entertainment" channel -- sadly an accurate mirror of, and compass to, this country's current state of "mind".

(though naturally they blame "Hollywood" for the US's cultural ills, and you all swallow that right down as the loyal if schizophrenic sheepies you are )

Old 06-20-2009, 08:01 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,348,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
They don't count because they're in a different category. How hard is that to comprehend? Do you also compare the performance of a Kia with that of a Ferrari?
All the ratings count viewers. And for News, FoxNews comes in, at best, 5th..

Kia!!
I always thought that the were a 2nd rate news agency.....guess they are not even that.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Your fantasy? No idea why you buy into it. Not enough true reasoning on your part?
?

Welcome to Reading Is Fundamental

But that's okay, cling to the chains that bind you.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:07 AM

Quote:
?

Welcome to Reading Is Fundamental

But that's okay, cling to the chains that bind you.
Has it occured to you that your screen name says it all about your political stance: delusional?

But that is okay, we all need your comic relief.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Has it occured to you that your screen name says it all about your political stance: delusional?

But that is okay, we all need your comic relief.
"Oooh! I havent gotten to use my autoreply for several days! Hold on... I have a standard reply when people -- always rightwingers, oddly -- make the big discovery about my username and feel compelled to bring it to my attention in some elephantine way. Okay, here.

'Oh, I get it! Hey, that's pretty bright of you, [Predos]. I never noticed how I'd designed my username until you pointed it out for me. Thanks!'"
I swear it's always right wingers, every single time. Too creepy....

Old 06-20-2009, 08:13 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,887,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Fox news has now become the vanguard for the Republican party. It is trying to become the Central Office of the GOP. Obama is CONSTANTLY ATTACKED by Fox and Fox must take the criticism that Obama will direct at it. Obvioualy Fox can dish criticism out but can't take critisism back.
FOX never attacks, they just tell the facts, and the truth scares dumbo to death. He perfers ignorant people who believe everything he says.
FOX is going to be his undoing. Someday even the ignorand democrats will relize they have been had, hopefully it won't be to late.
If you like North Korea, you will love Obama's plans for the US...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies