Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 08:36 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times

Advertisements

Association of Community Organizers for Reform Now (ACORN) leaders are using the threat of a law suit to silence and intimidate critics (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/ACORN-drops-tarnished-name-and-moves-to-silence-critics-48730537.html - broken link), according to current and former members of the liberal activist group.

In a letter dated June 11 an attorney for ACORN advised top whistleblowers that their unauthorized use of the organization’s name could make them liable for monetary damages and injunctive relief.

ACORN executives have also changed their organization’s name, which was tarnished by investigations in at least 14 states of allegations of voter registration fraud during the 2008 presidential campaign, and charges by current and former members of financial mismanagement and misrepresentation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 08:39 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
They run 200+ companies all under ACORN, I wonder what corporate name they chose to hide under this time...

Old 06-22-2009, 08:42 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
And Obama will allow them to run and hide when he needs to shut them down completely and jail the leaders for fraud.

They are receiving huge sums of taxpayers money and need to be shut down but Obama will of course sit on his a** and do nothing.

Community Organizing Co? is the newest name?

They are a fraudulent company and they need to be destroyed and disbanded.

Where the hell is Obama when you need him? Getting another ice cream cone?

Old 06-22-2009, 08:58 PM

you can't really blame the nutty ones for wanting to change a name that's become synonomous for corruption..

Old 06-22-2009, 09:02 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
Silencing critics would be nice. Silencing the idiots would be even better.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:04 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Silencing the idiots would be even better.
Where would you start?
They inhabit ACORN like cockroaches.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Silencing critics would be nice. Silencing the idiots would be even better.
true; not having to hear leftists yammer 24/7 would be a little slice of heaven.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:09 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
This is a success story! Knowing that ACORN has taken such a beating that they resort to changing their name and threaten their critics with lawsuits is proof positive of a guilty conscience and evidence that criticism of that organization is working!

Old 06-23-2009, 02:54 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Ok kids, I will tell you the new name if you will promise to watch Glenn Beck in about 15 minutes. Beck and his guests from the ACORN 8, that bunch that were fired for asking for audits of the group said yesterday that the new name is Community Organizations International.

Glenn will tell more about the group today as he does every day. The best part of yesterday was the woman who had been kicked out for the audit thing said they had been running a plantation operation all along. That is, the top 6 people in the group are all white and all the real workers are mostly black.

These ACORN 8 are some of the bravest people in this nation. They will always be threatened with being assailed by members of the Muscle for Hire which is the muscle of ACORN, excuse me the CCA today.

I haven't seen too many libs arguing about who is to blame for the firing of that poor old man who turned in those people for using grant funds for other than the intended purpose. Now ACORN does have 270 groups under them and they all use the same building in New Orleans as their mailing address. It ain't big enough for one group let alone 270. It will take years to get to the bottom of all the corruption in CCA but old Glenn will get us there if he "lives" long enough.

Can any of you of the left orientation disprove any of the info that Beck provides for us? Call him some names and that will do it for some of you.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:00 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,859 times
Ok then just say I was part of a group for community organized voting.
I think we will all know and if asked just say flat out i will be sued so I cant say the name. Way to go Acorn you like adding fuel to the fire dont you.
Silencing free speech only proves to me you have something to hide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies