Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 02:48 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
They fact checked it with the the station that the reporter the author claimed conducted the interview worker for... and they confirmed that no such interview ever aired. Proof enough?
Silly? Perhaps.

Does the underlying premise behind most everything that was said go against everything America stands for as a nation of laws? You're damn right it does. Is this mentality prevalent in the illegal immigrant world? You're damn right it is, and that's precisely why i'm against any and all amnesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 02:53 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Silly? Perhaps.

Does the underlying premise behind most everything that was said go against everything America stands for as a nation of laws? You're damn right it does. Is this mentality prevalent in the illegal immigrant world? You're damn right it is.
It's a LIE, designed to feed and encourage the fears and prejudices of feeble minds.

Maybe posters should make the effort to find and post actual, verifiable instances that will reflect the "underlying premises" they want to convey, instead of trusting in viral emails.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
It's a LIE, designed to feed and encourage the fears and prejudices of feeble minds.

Maybe posters should make the effort to find and post actual, verifiable instances that will reflect the "underlying premises" they want to convey, instead of trusting in viral emails.
Do you think an illegal immigrant would read that and disagree with everything that is said?

Old 06-23-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Do you think an illegal immigrant would read that and disagree with everything that is said?
which illegal immigrant, AreoGuyDC?

Old 06-23-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
which illegal immigrant, AreoGuyDC?
Diversion must be the order of the day from the liberal camp.

ANY hispanic illegal immigrant. Do you think that they would read that letter and disagree in principle with most everything that is said? Some of it is definitely over the top, but regarding amnesty, rights, etc. do you think illegal immigrants disagree with the premise as stated in that letter? Or do you think they feel guilty for breaking our laws?

Old 06-23-2009, 03:16 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,930 times
Oh sure .. I saw this interview a few 3 years back.

Mexicans in Texas, from my standpoint, usually do the work that whites refuse to do.

They are heavy into the construction industry here, and work for a lot less than those who would be working in Montana or Washington.

Though there be illegals, the Mexicans I've been aquainted with are breaking their necks and backs to get the papers they need to legally be here. The government, on the other hand, is not only slow, but expensive.
INS, in all of their governing power, is a joke. Things are seemingly designed to work against the Mexicans that come here, and there are more than a few of them that are frustrated by that.

Mexicans, for the most part, are very family oriented, work hard, and give their all to scrape out a life for themselves. I'd like to see those stuffed shirts in DC try to put in an honest days work.

If they get the notion to bring Houston to a standstill, then by golly, lettem do it. Have you been to Houston lately?? Houston needs to be stood still for a bit ... the place is a mess.

We've no one top blame but ourselves. I hate listening to white folks who p iss and moan about the Mexicans taking jobs when they themselves are too lazy to go to work themselves.

If you won't work ... the Mexicans will ... and they'll be proud to do it.

Old 06-23-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Diversion must be the order of the day from the liberal camp.

ANY hispanic illegal immigrant. Do you think that they would read that letter and disagree in principle with most everything that is said? Some of it is definitely over the top, but regarding amnesty, rights, etc. do you think illegal immigrants disagree with the premise as stated in that letter? Or do you think they feel guilty for breaking our laws?
I think some do, and some dont

It's stupid to generalize and prey on people's prejudices as the OP's email author did.

Old 06-23-2009, 03:48 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
tell me about it!!!!

this was faker than joan rivers NOSE!!!!

this discredits anything they want to say. they need real sources.

it was a good laugh tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
This forum has been awesome today. First, the I'm-not-going-to-put-up-with-you-no-good-moslems-anymore Australian guy, then came grumpy grampy and his letter to Ashley, and now Juan the illegal with exemplary English skills.

What's next?

Old 06-23-2009, 03:50 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
Exactly!!!!!

Quote:
i think some do, and some dont

It's stupid to generalize and prey on people's prejudices as the op's email author did.

Old 06-23-2009, 03:54 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Oh sure .. I saw this interview a few 3 years back.

Mexicans in Texas, from my standpoint, usually do the work that whites refuse to do.

They are heavy into the construction industry here, and work for a lot less than those who would be working in Montana or Washington.

Though there be illegals, the Mexicans I've been aquainted with are breaking their necks and backs to get the papers they need to legally be here. The government, on the other hand, is not only slow, but expensive.
INS, in all of their governing power, is a joke. Things are seemingly designed to work against the Mexicans that come here, and there are more than a few of them that are frustrated by that.

Mexicans, for the most part, are very family oriented, work hard, and give their all to scrape out a life for themselves. I'd like to see those stuffed shirts in DC try to put in an honest days work.

If they get the notion to bring Houston to a standstill, then by golly, lettem do it. Have you been to Houston lately?? Houston needs to be stood still for a bit ... the place is a mess.

We've no one top blame but ourselves. I hate listening to white folks who p iss and moan about the Mexicans taking jobs when they themselves are too lazy to go to work themselves.

If you won't work ... the Mexicans will ... and they'll be proud to do it.
Prepare to be attacked.....

Anyway, I agree with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies