Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 09:53 AM

3,332 posts, read 1,963,030 times

Advertisements

It's not that conservatives like palin so much, it's that democrats react so childishly whenever her name comes up. Repubs like to see the frustrated tantrums. The tantrums reveal the mean spirited hate that is part of the liberal mind set= critisize what you don't understand, destroy any sort of debate, attack the messenger, etc etc.

Palin has co-opted most all of the women's rights slogans and thrown them in the face of her lefty critics. To the point where the leftys have hissy fits trying to counter her ideals.

You democrats have your guy in the white house, and he has appointed his fuzzy headed cabinet so why don't you just give it a rest. And get a life.
And don't go away mad, just go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 09:55 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I think a lot of it's just idle internet chatter. We're in an age where politicians are celebrities.
Yeah, didn't Congress just recently vote for Michael Jackson?

Old 07-01-2009, 10:00 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Note that Palin's speaking event was at a right to life dinner in Indiana, a state well known for having its share of racism.

The anti-abortion 'base' is a demographic the GOP covets with lust, it has a lot of votes and money. Bush catered to that crowd, got their votes and money, but he gave them squat in return, nothing but lip service and sound bites at election time. Many people of a moderate religious tone realize they were had by Bush/Rove and the GOP, lied to, used, abused, taken for suckers by people in the White House who referred to them as "useful idiots." Religious moderates were not suckered-in during the 2008 election and the results showed in the electoral landslide for Obama.

The GOP has little hope for the future of the party, unless they can find a way to once again milk the anti-abortion demographic to their advantage and find more wedge issues they can play in order to put them over the top. Call it the great white hope. That song won't play again with what once was the fiscal conservative and libertarian wings of the GOP, which has now shrunk to 3rd place behind the Independents and DEMs. Still, Newt and Sarah and some religious wingnuts (Dobson, et al) think they can put Humpty Dumpty back together again, hoping to play the same tune one more time and see if they can get back into power. They don't have a prayer.
I have to say when any political candidate or party courts any group of people who rally around an issue, the issue group should be wary. It is not in the interests of the political candidate or party to resolve that issue. Because then that well-organized, well-funded group no longer has an issue to rally around. A politician hates to see a good issue wasted.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:34 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,435,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
It's not that conservatives like palin so much, it's that democrats react so childishly whenever her name comes up. Repubs like to see the frustrated tantrums. The tantrums reveal the mean spirited hate that is part of the liberal mind set= critisize what you don't understand, destroy any sort of debate, attack the messenger, etc etc.

Palin has co-opted most all of the women's rights slogans and thrown them in the face of her lefty critics. To the point where the leftys have hissy fits trying to counter her ideals.

You democrats have your guy in the white house, and he has appointed his fuzzy headed cabinet so why don't you just give it a rest. And get a life.
And don't go away mad, just go away.
Very well said!!

Old 07-01-2009, 03:36 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,435,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Funny, I didn't back her. Also what's even more funny is in the real world I hadn't heard another thing of Palin besides on the news and of course you obsessed freaks in here. Real people don't think about her everyday like you folks do. That's the definition of obsessed or an absolute fear that removes all ability to rationalize. She marginalized you folks and you can't even see it.
I do believe you are right. I mean, who has the time to read and look up everything regarding her and hang onto every word to critize it?? Doesn't make sense.

Old 07-01-2009, 04:43 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
I do believe you are right. I mean, who has the time to read and look up everything regarding her and hang onto every word to criticize it?? Doesn't make sense.
Her name never even comes up in my circles and I can't even think of anyone off the top of my head that isn't willing , at least a little bit, to talk about politics. I remember when she was compared to Reagan and all I could do was laugh. While many of her stances I agree with and am willing to stand up for some I don't. It's kinda funny though how she turns out to have been right on many things which are now liberal stances. During the elections they were considered evil, stupid or naive. Now apparently energy is a national security issue... Ehh whatever. If you even remotely back her stances in here some will label you as a Palinite. The things that bothers me the most is how her family is fair game when even Obama himself didn't want to touch that with a 10 ft pole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies