Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 01:17 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrover View Post
Breitbart.tv

Congress has reached a new low to offer up a moment of silence for a pedophile like Michael Jackson. I would rather have had one for Farrah Fawcett, Ed McMahon, or Billy Mays.
we must remember Dem's control congress. The love to be tolerant to everyone except a person with a conservative view. Pedophiles, we have to be tolerant of, just not someone that believes in lower taxes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 01:25 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,985,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Ah! That's it! I get it! Soldiers, sailors and airmen who are willing to or have already given their lives in service to their country are merely "average." No wonder there's been no specdial Congressional moment of silence for them.
I never claimed that the deaths of U.S. soldiers shouldn't result in a moment of silence by Congress. Don't pretend to speak for me.

I specifically stated that Michael Jackson was no "average" performer, and he was a highly admired person around the entire world, so his getting recognition by the U.S. Government is appropriate.

Old 07-01-2009, 01:27 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Ah! That's it! I get it! Soldiers, sailors and airmen who are willing to or have already given their lives in service to their country are merely "average." No wonder there's been no specdial Congressional moment of silence for them.
Please give it a break!

Servicemen KIA are given funerals with full military honors.
In some states, counties, and cities all municipal flags are lowered to half mast.

Congressional medal of honor recepients are awarded the medals many times in congress or with the President.

Stop trying to compare apples and oranges.

Old 07-01-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
Still, after saying all this about MJ, I do think there is something very fishy about his death. First time I ever agreed with Jackson and Sharpton. I think they are on to something and for a change are doing it out of the search for truth not $$$.
Regardless of what Barry Gordy claimed, I still believe Jackson's childhood was unique, and probably not what Jackson would have wanted for himself. So he probably just tried to relive it as an adult, by building Neverland on his property.

And for a boy to be able to describe Jackson's private parts ... that really doesn't surprise me. Men see other men naked in public showers, and changing rooms. How do we know what the exact circumstances were which allowed him to see Jackson naked? Maybe Jackson was simply changing his clothes, and he didn't feel ashamed to do it in front of another male? That doesn't make him a pedophile.

Old 07-01-2009, 01:37 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,033,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Regardless of what Barry Gordy claimed, I still believe Jackson's childhood was unique, and probably not what Jackson would have wanted for himself. So he probably just tried to relive it as an adult, by building Neverland on his property.

And for a boy to be able to describe Jackson's private parts ... that really doesn't surprise me. Men see other men naked in public showers, and changing rooms. How do we know what the exact circumstances were which allowed him to see Jackson naked? Maybe Jackson was simply changing his clothes, and he didn't feel ashamed to do it in front of another male? That doesn't make him a pedophile.

Give me a break. What 35 year old guy underesses and has sleep overs with little boys just entering puberty? Not in my universe.

Old 07-01-2009, 01:45 PM

1,477 posts, read 2,198,328 times
PEOPLE, can we really give all this callous hate a rest? I mean, it was a "moment" of silence. Did that moment cause any significant interference in your life? Let's face it, the hate was there before the moment. So, we know it didn't cause that. Surely everyone has more important things to worry about, right?

Old 07-01-2009, 01:54 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
All of you folks defending MJ's actions with little boys either do not have kids of your own or are total hypocrites and would NEVER allow your kids to sleep in the same bed as Michael Jackson! You are blinded by stardom and fantasy. The guy was a freak and innocent men don't pay families off with $22 million to make a problem/accusation go away. Do I think that in his own mind he thought he wasn't doing anything wrong, perhaps. But it was still wrong for a grown man to be having slumber parties with little boys. You wouldn't give a pass to anyone else who does this, so why does a celebrity of his stature get a pass? Hypocrites!

Old 07-01-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
Give me a break. What 35 year old guy underesses and has sleep overs with little boys just entering puberty? Not in my universe.
Exactly. Not in your universe. But you didn't experience the same type of childhood as Michael Jackson, so you probably don't know what it's like to be him as an adult.

You are being very quick to form assumptions about Jackson based on circumstantial evidence.

Jackson has always claimed his sleepovers with children were innocent.

His then wife, Lisa Marie Presley even supported Jackson's statement.

He probably just wanted to be around children, because children aren't as judgmental about who he is, or how he looks, the way that adults are.

And obviously Jackson had appearance issues ... which is why he kept getting more and more plastic surgery on his face. Adults probably saw him as a freak ... while children saw the man beyond the strange face, and thought of him as simply a playmate.

Old 07-01-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey123 View Post
PEOPLE, can we really give all this callous hate a rest? I mean, it was a "moment" of silence. Did that moment cause any significant interference in your life? Let's face it, the hate was there before the moment. So, we know it didn't cause that. Surely everyone has more important things to worry about, right?
The abuse of the word "hate" by the left is obscene.

If you loved the "moment of silence" bully for you. I think the gubmnt in DC is a joke for doing this for a silly performer/probable pedofile/certain freak.

Oh...and now the freak's surrogate mammy is saying the keeyeds are not his. What do you think of that? Blech.

Old 07-01-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Exactly. Not in your universe. But you didn't experience the same type of childhood as Michael Jackson, so you probably don't know what it's like to be him as an adult.

You are being very quick to form assumptions about Jackson based on circumstantial evidence.

Jackson has always claimed his sleepovers with children were innocent.

His then wife, Lisa Marie Presley even supported Jackson's statement.

He probably just wanted to be around children, because children aren't as judgmental about who he is, or how he looks, the way that adults are.

And obviously Jackson had appearance issues ... which is why he kept getting more and more plastic surgery on his face. Adults probably saw him as a freak ... while children saw the man beyond the strange face, and thought of him as simply a playmate.
Oh, brother.

He was a grown man in his mid 30's wanting sleep overs with little boys just entering puberty. Pls tell me why you don't find this odd?

It is odd. He was odd. That you defend his pedofile behavior is odd.

Look up the word odd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies