Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 06:33 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,343,085 times

Advertisements

Despite how any Republican might feel about JFK, FDR, or LBJ, it is hard to imagine one being so petty.

For all of you who don't want to read the story, some Congressional Democrats are talking about renaming Ronald Reagan airport in DC. It's not like choosing NOT to name an airport after him, but they are basically saying, "your legacy is so screwed up, we owe you no respect as a President." It is unbelievable how low the Democrats are willing to go, it makes me sick. Ronald Reagan was a truly great President, and while some disagree with his policies even today, he is owed some respect, especially in death.

I would never ever support renaming JFK airport because I might have disagreed with his policies.

It is truly pathetic what the Dems are trying to do... I hope we hear more about this, because some names need to be named.

Petty Democrats want to remove Reagan’s name from airport - Josh_Painter’s blog - RedState
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 06:36 PM

4,300 posts, read 7,052,799 times
Must be some acidic spit to be able to penetrate the ground and reach Reagan's coffin.

But in all seriousness I never believed it was appropriate to rename anything named after a president, unless of course the place was named after Nixon..

Old 07-02-2009, 06:38 PM

13,186 posts, read 15,021,922 times
Elections have consequences. Your side really screwed the pooch and DC is a Democratic blue area.

Go name an airport in Utah or Oklahoma.... Reagan Airport. Wise Americans don't need to put up with your right wing dogma that says Reagan was a good President.

And BTW JFK Airport is in a Democratic blue area as well. They have the George Bush Turnpike in Dallas...isnt' this good enough for you?

Old 07-02-2009, 06:41 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,750,480 times
I don't think airports should be named after anybody - especially political figures.

What's wrong with just calling it Washington National Airport?

Old 07-02-2009, 06:46 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,621,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
...isnt' this good enough for you?
Why should it be. He may have had his faults but he brought the USSR to its knees, bloodlessly (didn't want the liberals fainting all over) and brought mdown the Berlin Wall.

Unless the importance of those events escapes you, it ended the Cold War we'd been "fighting" since the 50s.

I'd say that was noteworthy and more than enough cause for recognition and honors.

But then again, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Old 07-02-2009, 06:48 PM

4,300 posts, read 7,052,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Go name an airport in Utah or Oklahoma.... Reagan Airport. Wise Americans don't need to put up with your right wing dogma that says Reagan was a good President.
Wise Americans would not give a flying fck about having the name of an airport changed, especially not when it boils down to political reasons.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:49 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,370,334 times
I want to see Cape Canaveral come back - whatever the hell a canaveral is.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:49 PM

37,565 posts, read 19,439,619 times
Not everyone thinks Reagan was a great or even a good president.

You'd be surprised how many people saw through the BS and viewed him as a bad actor from Hollywood who continued his career as a bad actor in the White House.

Had there never been a Reagan, there would never have been a Bush.

Now there's a pleasant thought.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:50 PM

13,186 posts, read 15,021,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Wise Americans would not give a flying fck about having the name of an airport changed, especially not when it boils down to political reasons.
I'm sure you thought that when Newt Gingrich and his wingnuts changed the name of Washington National Airport...LOL

Mr. Moderate Centrist.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:54 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,540,064 times
I think all airports should be named after the location of the airport in question. With that said, renaming of stuff occurs from time-to-time. Look at Sears Tower - the new owners are going to rename it Willis Tower! Blasphemy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies