Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will Ditz's resignation affect the Republican Party?
It will help the party 25 18.66%
It will hurt the party 29 21.64%
It will neither help nor hurt the party 80 59.70%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 06:02 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times

Advertisements

I agree with this person:

Daily Kos: State of the Nation

Quote:
Let's see them. Let's see who you owe the money to and for what. Let the press talk to the firms. Open book,etc. I, for one, don't believe your claim of $500,000 in legal bills. To be more blunt, I think you are full of ****, and if you owe $500,000 to lawyers it is for doing a lot more than defending you from frivolous ethics claims and lawsuits (like negotiating your book deal for example).
Please keep in mind that the 500K she's claiming to owe in legal bills are different than the legal expenses supposedly run up by the state. There's a pretty good article in the ADN that addresses that. It's been posted in this thread already.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:03 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,020,530 times
Quote:
campaign for political candidates from coast to coast — even Democrats
Xmas is early this year!

Old 07-12-2009, 06:19 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,276,662 times
Nothing would strengthen the Republican party more. Palin would relieve them of their wingnut base, and they could then rebuild the party.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:20 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You continue to propagate the Leftist lie once again. She upheld the law on abortions in her state, even though it went against her own beliefs. Do you remember hearing about that?
She "upheld the law" because her attempt to change the law failed. Do you think that governors can legislate?

If you're talking about this episode,

Alaska Gov. Palin Suggests Special Session for Failed Abortion Restriction Laws

she knew the two bills in question as presented wouldnt have passed.
"Senate President Green did not exhaust every possible option during the regular session to move the legislation," said Palin. "As you are aware, I fully support these bills."
Nevertheless,

"Palin asked Senate leaders to examine how best to advance legislation similar to the two failed bills and suggested the possibility of a separate session for abortion restricting legislation, provided Green could 'show a path to success.'"

So....you continue the right wing fairy tale.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:23 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,066 times
hahaha all of a sudden ppl are paying the diminished conservative democrats attention wth for? according to conservatives, republican ones all democrats are liberals

Old 07-12-2009, 06:23 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Palin Says She'll Stump for Conservative Democrats - ABC News
The Washington Times reports that Palin plans to stump for conservative issues and even for Democrats who share her values on limited government, strong defense and energy independence.

"I will go around the country on behalf of candidates who believe in the right things, regardless of their party label or affiliation," she said in an interview, "People are so tired of the partisan stuff -- even my own son is not a Republican."
So far, according to the newspaper, responses from Democratic candidates have been lukewarm.
She's now free to be a shill for the highest bidder. And her son isn't a Republican? Interesting.

Old 07-12-2009, 08:22 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Palin: I'm Not Leaving Politics - CBS News

Quote:
(AP) Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said she's not only staying involved in national politics, but she plans to jump back into the national scrum when she leaves office at the end of the month.
Told ya so.

Can't wait for the pounding to begin.

Old 07-12-2009, 08:23 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Reading this reminds me of the song "Dreamer" by Supertramp

Quote:
Enter now Sarah Palin with very encouraging comments that lead one to believe that she is indeed planning to do what she must: build an independent conservative movement and take this nation back from the liberals which now control both parties.Thanks liberals, for provoking Sarah into the national scene while vetting that family at the same time.

One thing I will say, the Washington Times with their headline for this exclusive interview reveal an anti-Palin stance. She is, don’t doubt, a threat to every existing political status quo. I hope the Washington Times and their editors realize, sooner than later, that the Palin movement is unstoppable and their credibility would be saved simply by reporting the news instead of becoming a GOP version of the NYT.
SarahPAC - Sarah Palin's Official PAC (http://www.sarahpac.com/news/news51.aspx - broken link)

Old 07-12-2009, 08:29 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Palin: I'm Not Leaving Politics - CBS News

Told ya so.

Can't wait for the pounding to begin.
Right, she's going to promote Democrats now, and lose seats for the Repugs. Whatever's mavericky.
The former Republican vice presidential nominee said she plans to write a book, campaign for political candidates from coast to coast - even Democrats who share her views on limited government, national defense and energy independence - and build a right-of-center coalition.
Break a leg, Sarah - and as Peggy Noonan points out,
"Turning to others means the media won!" No, it means they lose. What the mainstream media wants is not to kill her but to keep her story going forever. She hurts, as they say, the Republican brand, with her mess and her rhetorical jabberwocky and her careless causing of division. Really, she is the most careless sower of discord since George W. Bush, who fractured the party and the movement that made him. Why wouldn't the media want to keep that going?
and as Frank Rich points out in a magnificent dismemberment piece,
Most important, she stands for a genuine movement: a dwindling white nonurban America that is aflame with grievances and awash in self-pity as the country hurtles into the 21st century and leaves it behind.
The politics of resentment are impervious to facts. Palinists regard their star as an icon of working-class America even though the Palins’ combined reported income ($211,000) puts them in the top 3.6 percent of American households. They see her as a champion of conservative fiscal principles even though she said yes to the Bridge to Nowhere and presided over a state that ranks No.1 in federal pork.

Last edited by delusianne; 07-12-2009 at 08:38 PM.. Reason: that Frank Rich piece, I just cant quote it enough

Old 07-12-2009, 08:30 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
What do you want her to be?

You betcha!
A hockey mom, period!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies