Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will Ditz's resignation affect the Republican Party?
It will help the party 25 18.66%
It will hurt the party 29 21.64%
It will neither help nor hurt the party 80 59.70%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 05:13 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Lol. If everything is God's will, why did Palin say we have to pray to determine if invading Iraq was God's will, and to try to nudge Him along concerning personal wants and wishes?

actually, she contradicts herself here: "...our national leaders, are sending [U.S. soldiers] out on a task that is from God. That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that plan is God's will."

"I think God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get the gas line built, so pray for that."
Thank you for proving what I said above is true.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:13 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The Personnel Board was the proper venue - tell me why you think it wasn't?
Because she had the power to fire the board members.

Smacks of impropriety.

it's like having a study on the link between tobacco and disease funded by a tobacco company. It might reach a valid conclusion, but there will always be doubt as to whether you can believe anything they tell you.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:14 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
It'll be interesting what you'll "hear" when the defamation lawsuits start flying. Maybe people's "hearing" and rumor mongering will take a different tone...
It'll be even more interesting when we "hear" that her lawyers have sucked her dry thanks to her frantic self-obsession.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:16 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
actually, she contradicts herself here: "...our national leaders, are sending [U.S. soldiers] out on a task that is from God. That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that plan is God's will."
You have taken her words out of context.

Quote:

Smacks of impropriety.
This makes no sense. What is the use of having such a board then - in any state?

This IS the proper venue to investigate charges and allegations having to do with PERSONNEL.

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
?! This is silly wishful thinking. I think most anti-Palin people on here like, and/or even are, Christian women, moms, women who do things traditionally reserved for men, etc. Probably many are anti-choice...not sure how many would be animal killers.

We've all told you and shown you a million times all the many reasons Palin is a laughingstock and you still cast about for anything else, anything else at all.
I stand by my assesment, and I think you're squirming. You know I'm right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Thank you for proving what I said above is true.
care to answer the questions I've asked three times, about whether if Palin were a man, or ugly, you'd be such a fan, and if so why?

Since you are a Christian Im sure you'll search your soul and answer honestly.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:17 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
I keep wondering about all the blathering here concerning the Democratic Party with regards to the governor. Her worst political enemies have usually been other Republicans.

Maybe she's going to move to Texas and fix that state; I've heard she's been haunting Exxon's offices down there like a bag lady in a bus station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I stand by my assesment, and I think you're squirming. You know I'm right.
I know you're blind. "You know Im right" -- calling me a liar?

8,685 posts, read 16,842,168 times
Quote:
Lol. If everything is God's will, why did Palin say we have to pray to determine if invading Iraq was God's will, and to try to nudge Him along concerning personal wants and wishes?

"I think God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get the gas line built, so pray for that."
Then Sarah would say if it worked out well, that it was her will...hmmm...

Oh and did those national leaders have a direct link to God to be told to send our soldiers, or did she whisper in their ears?

Last edited by Grannysroost; 07-05-2009 at 05:29 PM..

Old 07-05-2009, 05:19 PM

45,336 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post

Smacks of impropriety.

Your complaint should be with the Alaskan Legislature that set up the process, not with the person being investigated. Many ethics boards across the US are set up the same way-appointed by the Executive with or without Legislative approval.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies