Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If You Won A $100 Million Dollar Jack Pot Lottery, Would You Still Continue To Shop At Wal-Mart And
YES 104 75.91%
NO 33 24.09%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 04:09 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Yes, I will always shop at Walmart. I love me some Walmart. I could spend all day perusing the aisles, but can only coerce my husband to stay for an hour or two. you can never have too many cheap washcloths for washing the car or pairs of throw away socks. their $16 wrangler jeans are great, too! I would never give walmart up unless/until amazon closes 'em down.

edited to add: I haven't shopped in a target in a couple of years, since the management of target issued a statement that men who "identified as women" were allowed in women's bathrooms and dressing rooms.
Why am I picturing you checking out the "Walmart Pictures" types while you spend a lot of time there???

People Of Walmart - Funny Pictures of People Shopping at Walmart : People Of Walmart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 04:13 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
Why stop shopping at stores that offer low prices? Being rich doesn't mean one should waste money.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:16 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,353,220 times
Target, yes -- Walmart, NO. (I have been boycotting Walmart for years.)

Old 08-06-2018, 04:16 PM

10,454 posts, read 4,036,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
I still would because I do not want to become one of those stuck up limousine liberal millionaire snobs who look down on people who shop at Wal-Mart and Target.
And when was the last time you seen a rich conservative in a Target or Walmart?

Well, I have about 3 million in assets, so not sure if that would make me a millionaire or not, not to mention when I retire from my job, I will definitely be a millionaire, and I still shop at Walmart and Target. Heck, I get my groceries from Aldies or the farmers markets, my dog/cat food and supplies and cleaning supplies from Target, and my farm animals food and supplies from Red Barn in West Palm Beach. I like to be cost savvy on every day items because most of my money is tied up in real estate, or saving for huge vacations. Rather spend large sums of money on stuff that will appreciate in value, or will give me memories that will last a life time.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:19 PM

30,156 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
I still would because I do not want to become one of those stuck up limousine liberal millionaire snobs who look down on people who shop at Wal-Mart and Target.

In the town I spend my summers in its Wal-Mart or drive 20 miles to a larger city. All income levels in this area go to Wal-Mart.

But then again with $100 million my options of where to spend my summers would expand greatly so perhaps not.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:19 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
I know millionaires (but they're not in the category of $100 million) and they're always waiting until things go on sale before they buy and frequent stores with the best prices.

Lesson: they didn't get to be millionaires, or keep their millions, by being stupid.

On another note, who are all these people who voted? I don't recall them posting in this forum on c-d before. Howdy!

Old 08-06-2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
And when was the last time you seen a rich conservative in a Target or Walmart?
Last week when I was in the home of a friend who is a wealthy conservative. Wifey came in with Target bags.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:26 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I know millionaires (but they're not in the category of $100 million) and they're always waiting until things go on sale before they buy and frequent stores with the best prices.

Lesson: they didn't get to be millionaires, or keep their millions, by being stupid.

On another note, who are all these people who voted? I don't recall them posting in this forum on c-d before. Howdy!
Thread originated in 2009.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Thread originated in 2009.
Aha! Mystery solved. Thanks, Timmyy.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:45 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Why am I picturing you checking out the "Walmart Pictures" types while you spend a lot of time there???

People Of Walmart - Funny Pictures of People Shopping at Walmart : People Of Walmart
we are usually the only white people in the Walmart, including employees, and the brown and black people in the store we frequent aren't 'people of Walmart' material. they are normal, respectful, regular people. In fact, I've never seen a 'people of Walmart' shopper in the five years I've been to the store, craigiri!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies