Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 01:41 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,849,301 times

Advertisements

sanrene, still riding her big wheel tryke to crazy town, wrote;
Quote:
If obama would just let ONE go through and stop fighting, all could be put to rest.
Nope, because the other night your mini-goddess? (is that a woman?) Orly Taitz said that there is NOTHING that Obama could do to convince her. Of course she then misquoted the law to state that BOTH parents need to be US citizens to qualify as "natural born". Wrong on the fact, wrong on the law.

Quote:
He is spending hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions, defending these law suits.
So, like Palin he should resign?

Quote:
Not a one has been heard on the merits, they have all been dismissed based on standing.
Merits? I suggest you consult a dictionary, you'll find "merit" between "meristic" (segmented) and "merle" (a blackbird). That is the way our justice system operates, well except under the Rove Justice Department.

golfgod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 08:57 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
My birth certificate does not list the hospital where I was born, nor the doctor who delivered me. This is just so much crap. If it listed the hospital, the "birthers" would claim that it didn't list the room #, so it was bogus, And so on.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:02 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
So true!
Oh, no, it's not true. See above.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:54 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Another "birther", frothing at the mouth. Watch and listen to the angry mob as the Republican Senator tells them that Obama is, in fact, a U.S. citizen.

It appears that the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

YouTube - Mike Castle on PeeBo's Birthcertificate.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:42 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,277,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Another "birther", frothing at the mouth. Watch and listen to the angry mob as the Republican Senator tells them that Obama is, in fact, a U.S. citizen.

It appears that the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

I think I recognize her from one of Palin's rallies on YouTube.

Who knew there were so many stupid people in the U.S.?

Old 07-23-2009, 01:34 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
I think I recognize her from one of Palin's rallies on YouTube.

Who knew there were so many stupid people in the U.S.?
Yes, her ranting and the sheer reactionary mood of the crowd reminded me very much of some of those Palin/McCain rallies where people were yelling, "Kill him!" (meaning "Kill Obama") and "He's a terrorist!"

Here's a good opinion piece about the so-called "birthers":

Lou Dobbs and the canard over President Obama's birth - Los Angeles Times

Old 07-23-2009, 01:48 AM

539 posts, read 700,102 times
Default What is a natural born citizen.

Rep. A. Smyth (VA), House of Representatives, December 1820: When we apply the term “citizens” to the inhabitants of States, it means those who are members of the political community. The civil law determined the condition of the son by that of the father. A man whose father was not a citizen was allowed to be a perpetual inhabitant, but not a citizen, unless citizenship was conferred on him.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:55 AM

Default Congress defines Natural Born Citizen

Rep. Bingham commenting on Section 1992 said it means “every human being born within the jurisdiction of the United States of parents not owing allegiance to any foreign sovereignty is, in the language of your Constitution itself, a natural born citizen.” (Cong. Globe, 39th, 1st Sess., 1291 (1866)) Bingham subscribed to the same view as most everyone in Congress at the time that in order to be born a citizen of the United States one must be born within the allegiance of the Nation. Bingham had explained that to be born within the allegiance of the United States the parents, or more precisely, the father, must not owe allegiance to some other foreign sovereignty (remember the U.S. abandoned England’s “natural allegiance” doctrine). This of course, explains why emphasis of not owing allegiance to anyone else was the affect of being subject to the jurisdiction of the United States. Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, James F. Wilson of Iowa, added on March 1, 1866: “We must depend on the general law relating to subjects and citizens recognized by all nations for a definition, and that must lead us to the conclusion that every person born in the United States is a natural-born citizen of such States, except … children born on our soil to temporary sojourners or representatives of foreign Governments.” The phrase “temporary sojourners” referred to those in the country for purposes of work, visiting or business and who had no intention of taking the steps to become citizens, or incapable by law.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:07 AM

Default Birther Movement Dogs republicans

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.” Thomas Jefferson. The poster of this thread is attempting to silence people of "good conscience to remain silent"...

Old 07-23-2009, 06:28 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
Ok, am I the only one who thinks that the crazy lady in these videos is the same person, only this time she did her hair?

YouTube - McCain Tells Crowd Obama is Not Arab

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies