Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 10:33 AM

224 posts, read 378,313 times

Advertisements

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b32/teamcup/House-Democrats-Health-Plan.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 10:42 AM

1,902 posts, read 2,469,536 times
Ahh the efficient simplicity of gubmint.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:50 AM

2,450 posts, read 5,605,995 times
I can make any system look like that. Private would be just as complicated if you took every component and placed them all jumbly, including different parts of HR, sales, marketing, insurance companies, etc...
Gov't healthcare pays less proportion to admin than private.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:55 AM

224 posts, read 378,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
I can make any system look like that. Private would be just as complicated if you took every component and placed them all jumbly, including different parts of HR, sales, marketing, insurance companies, etc...
Perhaps, but the one major difference is that IT IS NOT TAXPAYER MONEY RUNNING THROUGH A CONVOLUTED PRIVATE SYSTEM!!!!!

Old 07-15-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1878 View Post
Perhaps, but the one major difference is that IT IS NOT TAXPAYER MONEY RUNNING THROUGH A CONVOLUTED PRIVATE SYSTEM!!!!!
Ok. It's money that doesn't come from taxes through a different convoluted system. What's the difference? At least the government can convoute it in ways beneficial for people, rather than for the all-knowing benevolent "market"

Old 07-15-2009, 11:12 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,055,982 times
Quote:
Ok. It's money that doesn't come from taxes through a different convoluted system. What's the difference? At least the government can convoute it in ways beneficial for people, rather than for the all-knowing benevolent "market"
................. ........

Old 07-15-2009, 11:13 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Gov't healthcare pays less proportion to admin than private.
G** yes! As for private vs public money, the cost of employer-paid ins. gets passed on to the consumer. Same song, different verse.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
................. ........
I know. For someone versed in Anglo-American economics and nothing else, it seems like denying a basic fact.
Please see Japan et al for strong gov't policies which have shown to be beneficial to the economy.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:31 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,055,982 times
Quote:
I know. For someone versed in Anglo-American economics and nothing else, it seems like denying a basic fact.
Please see Japan et al for strong gov't policies which have shown to be beneficial to the economy.
So the Japanese Government will run American Healthcare?

Sorry our Government does not exactly have the track record for running successful efficient endeavours the private sector can run as well or better.

Unless you want to point out medicare , social security, or Amtrak,

http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=332031100195115 (broken link)

Last edited by cleanhouse; 07-15-2009 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: add link

Old 07-15-2009, 11:38 AM

133 posts, read 173,874 times
Quote:
Have you been to Japan lately? Your dead wrong. I won't bother with a stupid debate. Obama just gave his sorry little speech about passing healthcare a few minutes ago, with some cute little nurses supporting him. Meanwhile, in the real friggin world, I have been at the hospital with my dad for the last week. He's 86, heart failure, had four stents put in. Then a pace maker. I suppose you would say that's too much to keep him alive. The NURSES working at the hospital didn't. But what they did say if Obama's plan went through my dad wouldn't be considered as viable human life. And he would let him go. Do democrats even know how to love anyone? I don't understand you or people like you at all. There is no excuse. I could say a lot more but you are not worth the trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies