Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 08:26 PM

125 posts, read 140,812 times

Advertisements

I'm just an ordinary citizen with some ideas I thought I'd share.
My first priority would be the American people taking our country back from so much Government control.
No more giving themselves raises. They make too much already.
The only deals that would be made with other countries would be deals that would benefit America and our people. No deals with any country that hates us.
Our military would be placed on all of our borders to help detour illegals from entering. The border guards would have the authority to use whatever force they feel is necessary to protect the American people without fear of prosecution for doing their jobs.
All underground tunnels would be found and destroyed.
Any business that hires illegals would be fined and prosecuted. Illegals would have to leave the country and in order to become citizens, we would implement the laws we already have but never enforce.
Never again would there be a bail out for a company that ruins itself. If they go under, it's their own fault. No more parties and vacations on taxpayer money, the Government would pay it back out of their own salaries. The American people deserve the money they work so hard for.
War is hell, and I don't like it, but if we were ever attacked again, I'd pull a Reagan on Kadofy(?), we never heard from him again. When they murdered Daniel Pearl, that would have been the last American that happened to. No "pin prick" bomb drops.They sure wouldn't worry about what they hit over here.
We need a delegate of American blue collar workers to have a role in policy making. Their voices need to be heard, after all, they know more about what they need than the Government who has probably never worked a hard job in their lives. I'm sick of hearing "this is what the American people want" from people who have never asked me.
There would be no more bowing down or taking bribes from special interest groups. Lobbying for a cause is one thing, trying to buy your way in would get you thrown out.
Americans pay taxes all year long,and at the end of the year, the IRS says we haven't paid enough? There would be an investigation to find out how many people are receiving tax rebates that shouldn't be, especially people with fake SS#s.There's millions of $s right there. Our resources shouldn't be so available to illegals anyway.
I've only touched on a few things I would do, and I know it sounds simple and unrealistic, but I'm sick of the Government taking away our freedoms a little at a time. It's so easy for them when they don't have to live by their own rules. They don't get it and they don't care.
While I can still say it, God Bless America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 08:58 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americaloveitorlveit View Post
My first priority would be the American people taking our country back from so much Government control.
The only deals that would be made with other countries would be deals that would benefit America and our people. No deals with any country that hates us.
Our military would be placed on all of our borders to help detour illegals from entering. The border guards would have the authority to use whatever force they feel is necessary to protect the American people without fear of prosecution for doing their jobs.
Any business that hires illegals would be fined and prosecuted. Illegals would have to leave the country and in order to become citizens, we would implement the laws we already have but never enforce.
Never again would there be a bail out for a company that ruins itself. If they go under, it's their own fault. No more parties and vacations on taxpayer money, the Government would pay it back out of their own salaries. The American people deserve the money they work so hard for.
War is hell, and I don't like it, but if we were ever attacked again, I'd pull a Reagan on Kadofy(?), we never heard from him again. When they murdered Daniel Pearl, that would have been the last American that happened to. No "pin prick" bomb drops.They sure wouldn't worry about what they hit over here.
We need a delegate of American blue collar workers to have a role in policy making. Their voices need to be heard, after all, they know more about what they need than the Government who has probably never worked a hard job in their lives. I'm sick of hearing "this is what the American people want" from people who have never asked me.
There would be no more bowing down or taking bribes from special interest groups. Lobbying for a cause is one thing, trying to buy your way in would get you thrown out.
Americans pay taxes all year long,and at the end of the year, the IRS says we haven't paid enough? There would be an investigation to find out how many people are receiving tax rebates that shouldn't be, especially people with fake SS#s.There's millions of $s right there. Our resources shouldn't be so available to illegals anyway.
I've only touched on a few things I would do, and I know it sounds simple and unrealistic, but I'm sick of the Government taking away our freedoms a little at a time. It's so easy for them when they don't have to live by their own rules. They don't get it and they don't care.
I give you 10 minutes in office before being rmoved.
Casper

Old 07-19-2009, 10:03 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,640,781 times
Very nice thread. You may get some real nasties coming back at you on here. Don't despair, it is the sole sphere of their influence. Yes, our country has lost its way, and hope there are more folks like you who would like to see sanity and stability restored. Not sure what it will take, maybe more than we have bargained for, and maybe even at a huge price. Sad we have let it go this far and for this long. God bless America.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:09 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
There are still some true Americans left and you are one of them. If there were more people like us in America, we would not be looking at the problems that we are experiencing. God Bless America.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:14 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americaloveitorlveit View Post
If I were president, I'd make it mandatory that proposed legislation be formatted so that people are able to read it more easily. Maybe double spacing in between paragraphs.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:22 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,896,112 times
I'd vote for you . But the powers that be would probably take care of you before you got in the door. We have been in trouble for decaders now .

Old 07-19-2009, 10:34 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,342,697 times
Things I would do as president
  • have a flat tax of 20%, corporate tax 20%.
  • axe the IRS, homeland security, dept of education, dea, etc... i would cut at least $400 billion from the budget through cutting departments and bureaucracy.
  • we would not be at war in the middle east
  • sanctions against Israel until they pull back from Palestinian lands
  • single payer universal health care for American citizens exclusively
  • NAFTA and other trade agreements will be nixed or renegotiated
  • several nuclear power plants will be build immediately and we will drill more of our own oil (off-shore, wherever)
  • amnesty for certain illegals and lock down the borders HARD!
  • greatly grow mass transit. lots of high speed rail crossing the country
  • term limits for congress
  • honor the 2nd ammendment. make federal gun crimes much more severe.
  • the fed would open the books to an audit

Old 07-19-2009, 11:47 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,896,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
  • axe the IRS, homeland security, dept of education, dea, etc... i would cut at least $400 billion from the budget through cutting departments and bureaucracy.
  • several nuclear power plants will be build immediately and we will drill more of our own oil (off-shore, wherever)

I didn't see where you'd stop funding terrorist groups in Palestinian lands with weapons and 'AID ' .

Sound like a Paul supporter to me, IMO he's a decoy for the OWG or NWO ..

Old 07-20-2009, 12:04 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,424,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
I'd vote for you before voting for the OP, anyday. I prefer and approve your plans. You make more sense, and there is less rambling.

Oh!! Another thing, your presentation was better, lol.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:32 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,528 times
Cool I Love This Song

YouTube - Extreme When I'm President
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies