Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 10:20 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,781,638 times

Advertisements

The Associated Press: Sec. Clinton visits India, urges help vs. terror

Sec. Clinton visits India, urges help vs. terror

By ROBERT BURNS (AP) – 1 day ago

MUMBAI, India — U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton opened a three-day visit to India on Saturday by urging India not to repeat American mistakes in contributing to global pollution, and she passionately defended U.S. demands for help in fighting terrorism.

"We acknowledge now with President Obama that we have made mistakes in the United States, and we along with other developed countries have contributed most significantly to the problem that we face with climate change," she said. "We are hoping a great country like India will not make the same mistakes."

----------------------------------

Ummm, what you mean "we", Kimosabe?

Mrs. Clinton, a few hysterics "acknowledge" the US somehow helped climate change, but none of them is able to point to any study or evidence supporting that silly idea. As you should know, since you can't point to one either. :cheers2:

If you want to count yourself among those nutty people, feel free. But please count sensible Americans who know better, OUT when you try to claim "we".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 10:25 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,160 times
Whats new ,America bad the rest of the world good . I can't understand why they all want to come here .

Old 07-19-2009, 10:27 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,704,085 times
No one's saying America bad, rest of the world good.

But to deny the fact that the largest consumer of resources and energy (5% of the global population in the U.S. and we consume 25% of the energy) is simply irresponsible.

I don't know why accepting personal responsibility - as both individuals and a nation - is so hard for conservatives. It used to be their mantra.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:32 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
India told her and obama to go take a hike. They will not destroy their economy by implementing meaningless "climate change" policies - unlike obama and the dems/libs.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:36 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post

But to deny the fact that the largest consumer of resources and energy (5% of the global population in the U.S. and we consume 25% of the energy) is simply irresponsible.

I don't know why accepting personal responsibility - as both individuals and a nation - is so hard for conservatives. It used to be their mantra.
Wasn't it India and China that were not required to live by the silly treaty that Algore worded out to hold the US back that Clinton refused to sign and push through the Senate. Somehow it seems that there is a chance that India isn't too far behind us now.

Today I read in he WSJ that the US is getting ready to build a couple of nuclear power plants in India but that the Chinese and Russians will be far along the way on theirs because they don't have to skip by all the fool rules of their governments. I'll bet our people could do it faster if they didn't have to fight all the fool rules that were established back when Bubba and Algore were around. Now I don't know for sure, but then I do know that India has been allowed to put all their pollution in the air without anyone blaming them.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:40 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,704,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Wasn't it India and China that were not required to live by the silly treaty that Algore worded out to hold the US back that Clinton refused to sign and push through the Senate. Somehow it seems that there is a chance that India isn't too far behind us now.

Today I read in he WSJ that the US is getting ready to build a couple of nuclear power plants in India but that the Chinese and Russians will be far along the way on theirs because they don't have to skip by all the fool rules of their governments. I'll bet our people could do it faster if they didn't have to fight all the fool rules that were established back when Bubba and Algore were around. Now I don't know for sure, but then I do know that India has been allowed to put all their pollution in the air without anyone blaming them.
As I'm sure you are aware, India is a developing economy. They are going through now what England went through in the 19th century and the U.S. went through in the 20th century.

One cannot expect the same rules to apply. Fair or not, it is the most advanced nations (like England and U.S.) that need to take the lead so that the others may eventually follow.

As societies evolve, demand for quality of life increases. You can blame "regulation" and all that, but the bottom line is that people were no longer going to put up with toxic air and water killing their children and giving them cancer. So, they didn't and since the 1960s regulation and industry have advanced cleaner technologies while capitalism has sought its lowest point.

Just the way of the world.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:52 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,160 times
Quote:

I don't see any of your liberal masters living in poverty .They fly in private jet, live in mansions and drive huge cars and suv's . They cause division to keep them in power to live like this . Most libs are movie stars, polititions who live off the misery of their host ,like the parasites most of them are ..

Thats a liberal fallicy . And also false . If you consider all the natural resources burned for firewood by poor 3nd worlders who refuse to stop population growth and deplete the forest and turn lands into deserts ,they do more damage than we do to the enviroment .

Old 07-19-2009, 11:04 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
India told her and obama to go take a hike. They will not destroy their economy by implementing meaningless "climate change" policies - unlike obama and the dems/libs.
and you were there?

Old 07-20-2009, 03:26 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:

Thank you brother Bluefly for your wonderful testimonial. Now His Holiness Al Gore will lead us in hymn number 101 in your chuch of global warming hymnal, "It's America's fault that polar bears drown".

The reason we don't accept responsiblity for climate change is that CO2 doesn't cause global warming.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:29 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
As I'm sure you are aware, India is a developing economy. They are going through now what England went through in the 19th century and the U.S. went through in the 20th century.

One cannot expect the same rules to apply. Fair or not, it is the most advanced nations (like England and U.S.) that need to take the lead so that the others may eventually follow.

As societies evolve, demand for quality of life increases. You can blame "regulation" and all that, but the bottom line is that people were no longer going to put up with toxic air and water killing their children and giving them cancer. So, they didn't and since the 1960s regulation and industry have advanced cleaner technologies while capitalism has sought its lowest point.

Just the way of the world.
Follow? Why would they follow us into bankruptcy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies