Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you content with the current healthcare system in America
Yes 52 20.55%
No 104 41.11%
Yes and No (Some parts are good, some are bad) 97 38.34%
Voters: 253. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 08:52 AM

439 posts, read 443,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
Seriously, what insane person does not want health coverage?
Young single adults who know they have a very slim chance of getting seriously ill and are willing to pay for minor medical bills out of pocket.

They are actually pretty smart because they know the odds are largely in their favor.

A few will lose that bet. The overwhelming majority will win it.

Then when they get married and start a family in a few years they will buy insurance.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:55 AM

4 posts, read 7,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
If you're out of work, and therefore low or no income, your insurance would be subsidized under the house plan. So, it seems to me, you'd be better off than you are now, ie., uninsured.
I wish it were that easy. I have been living in Florida and was told that my having a car that worth more than $8,000.00 is why I wasn't eligible. ( I was buying the car) . I am moving to Philadelphia this next month and hope that their policies are a little different up there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
With UHC you will have the choice of provider...you can go private if you choose.

With UHC if you lose your job you HAVE HEALTH CARE.

You don't have to decide between food or health care premiums, paying your mortgage or pay health care premiums, re-schooling or health care premiums.....

And:
EVERYONE pays for uninsured.
Wish they would pay for me. I have a teenager and wasn't eligible for any type of assistance except Medicaid for my daughter. So they don't care if my daughter starves . At least she would have insurance:/

Old 07-21-2009, 11:24 AM

1,902 posts, read 2,468,984 times
Default Obama wants to kill private health insurers

and have single payer, gubmint run

YouTube - The Public Plan Deception - It's Not About Choice

Old 07-21-2009, 11:26 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Private health insurers have killed themselves.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:29 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,208,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Private health insurers have killed themselves.
so the government might as well step in and mess it up more, right?

since when is a mistake made in the private sector justification for a waste of money/poor policy by the government?

Your statement doesn't make sense

Old 07-21-2009, 11:33 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,862,084 times
Universal single payer health care with government doctors and hospitals has been the Holy Grail of the Democrats since Truman. The public option, i.e. the BIG GOVERNMENT PLAN, is just the down payment. It is designed to force private insurance out of the market and leave only the public option which will then be converted to the long sought dream of UHC. Hence the need to manufacture a health care crisis and all the faux urgency. 'It has to be done by the August recess.' No. It does not. Not when there is no cost containment. Not when it adds to the deficit. Not when tort reform is off the table. Not when the solution is to take over approximately 1/5 of the US economy and have it mismanaged by the Feds. No, it need never be done at all with those components. The real motivation for their urgency, at least from the Obama administration and the Congressional democrats, excluding the Blue Dogs, is the fear people will read the final bill.

Here's the reality: there will be no health care reform bill to deliver to the President by August. Nor by January 1, 2010. Nor anytime during Obama's one and only administration. And that is a beautiful thing to behold.

Last edited by ZGACK; 07-21-2009 at 12:41 PM..

Old 07-21-2009, 12:07 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,862,513 times
It's called Stealth Care, not Health Care!

Old 07-21-2009, 12:11 PM

8,631 posts, read 9,141,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Universal single payer health care with government doctors and hospitals has been the Holy Grail of the Democrats since Truman. The public option, i.e. the BIG GOVERNMENT PLAN, is just the down payment. It is designed to force private insurance out of the market and leave only the public option which will then be converted to the long sought dream of UHC. Hence the need to manufacture a health care crisis and all the faux urgency. 'It has to be done by the August recess.' No. It does not. Not when there is no cost containment. Not when it adds to the deficit. Not when tort reform is off the table. Not when the solution is to take over approximately 1/5 of the US economy and have it mismanaged by the Feds. No, it need never be done at all with those components.

Here's the reality: there will be no health care reform bill to deliver to the President by August. Nor by January 1, 2010. Nor anytime during Obama's one and only administration. And that is a beautiful thing to behold.
I agree there will be no reform because it's not supposed to happen. Don't fret, there will be very little reform because the insurance companies own the two party system and your ass.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:18 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
I agree there will be no reform because it's not supposed to happen. Don't fret, there will be very little reform because the insurance companies own the two party system and your ass.
Amen!

Old 07-21-2009, 12:20 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,475,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Agreed, if anything single payer is a pipe dream. Oh well at least I still have my job and benefits, screw everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies