Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 10:32 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,811,723 times

Advertisements

Obama is pushing the Dems agenda of healthcare and spending, but he is retaining the neo-con agenda of wars, Gitmo, wire-taps, and non-disclosure - is this neo-con 'light'?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 11:13 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
i wish i could tell you but obama is in way over his head.he depends on people like pelosi and boxer to tell him what to do. what a looser this guy couldn't run a fast food joint let alone a country. as a matter of fact what has he ever run or managed?

Old 07-22-2009, 11:16 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Obama is pushing the Dems agenda of healthcare and spending, but he is retaining the neo-con agenda of wars, Gitmo, wire-taps, and non-disclosure - is this neo-con 'light'?
This is "The man isn't even a full year into his term".

Only the right (sic) expect him to fart miracles.

If, after a reasonable time, they other concerns don't get addressed, then we can complain about it.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post

If, after a reasonable time, they other concerns don't get addressed, then we can complain about it.
Paul, Gravel or Kucinich would have stunk out Congress with the smell of their 'miracle farts', so don't tell me it could not have been done, or at least attempted by now.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:35 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
Quote:

yeah well how about jobs and our economy this idiot is obsessed about health care and cap and trade and owning car companies and banks.where are the shovel ready jobs? in your dreams. where are our billions of stimulius dollars. in sombody elses pocket thats where.the whole plan is a complete failure.my neighbors are loosing thier houses but hell they can sign up for section 8 housing and get in line behind 800 illegal mexican immigrants thats our new America

Old 07-22-2009, 11:46 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
yeah well how about jobs and our economy this idiot is obsessed about health care and cap and trade and owning car companies and banks.where are the shovel ready jobs? in your dreams. where are our billions of stimulius dollars. in sombody elses pocket thats where.the whole plan is a complete failure.my neighbors are loosing thier houses but hell they can sign up for section 8 housing and get in line behind 800 illegal mexican immigrants thats our new America
I love it when people think I'm a libbie and/or a democrat. Just goes to show the black and white worldview some people have.

I did not support EITHER StimBill, Bush43's or BHO's. I believe that money could've been spent better, or not at all. However, no one but the right-wing and neocon media darlings suggested that Bamco's StimBill would be used right away. It is schedualed to be spent over a ten year period. Bushco really tanked this nation and it will take time to address everything.

I also do NOT support nationalized health care or C&T in the least, and to be frank, ranting hysterically and using misinformation will not help us to kill these bills.

Quote:
Paul, Gravel or Kucinich would have stunk out Congress with the smell of their 'miracle farts', so don't tell me it could not have been done, or at least attempted by now.
If you mean Paul is Ron Paul, I agree, that's why I wrote him in on my ballot. However, even The Man wouldn't have been able to swing this economy around with any speed.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:52 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
In a word, no.

The neo-con agenda is rather specific and was clearly outlined in the "Project for the New American Century." Even a causal perusal of the manifesto of the organization founded by William Kristol and Robert Kagan will clearly indicate the Obama is not a neo-con lite or otherwise.

Your argument, based upon bullet phrases, lends nothing to the discussion of any of the particular issues nor the how, or why they are similar or not, nor does it demonstrate even a rudimentary understanding of the neo-con agenda.

Just saying.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
I love it when people think I'm a libbie and/or a democrat. Just goes to show the black and white worldview some people have.

I did not support EITHER StimBill, Bush43's or BHO's. I believe that money could've been spent better, or not at all. However, no one but the right-wing and neocon media darlings suggested that Bamco's StimBill would be used right away. It is schedualed to be spent over a ten year period. Bushco really tanked this nation and it will take time to address everything.

I also do NOT support nationalized health care or C&T in the least, and to be frank, ranting hysterically and using misinformation will not help us to kill these bills.

If you mean Paul is Ron Paul, I agree, that's why I wrote him in on my ballot. However, even The Man wouldn't have been able to swing this economy around with any speed.
Ron would have had us out of Afganistan, Iraq and a multitude of other bases around the world, and used the saved billions to re-start the economy.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
In a word, no.

The neo-con agenda is rather specific and was clearly outlined in the "Project for the New American Century." Even a causal perusal of the manifesto of the organization founded by William Kristol and Robert Kagan will clearly indicate the Obama is not a neo-con lite or otherwise.

Your argument, based upon bullet phrases, lends nothing to the discussion of any of the particular issues nor the how, or why they are similar or not, nor does it demonstrate even a rudimentary understanding of the neo-con agenda.

Just saying.
He has not reversed the prior admin's neo-con agenda, not even the use of illegal wiretapping and spying. No, he doesn't subscribe to Kristol's philosophy(?), but he has left the trappings of the previous admin in place.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:15 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Obama is not going to, he is to busy ramming his terrible ideas through and does not have time to complete his promises.

He is continuing the wiretapping that many liberals used all the time, he is keeping Gitmo open instead of closing it, another liberal big issue and he is actually ramping up the wars even more.

Liberals cannot complain about these Bush issues as Obama is following right through like they are not important at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies