Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 10:42 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,987,336 times

Advertisements

Obama will be holding a prime-time news conference tonight, July 22.

It will be aired on all major networks at 8pm eastern standard / 5PM pacific standard.

This is the 4th such prime-time news conference held by Obama so far.

In contrast, Bush held a total of only 4 prime-time news conferences during his entire 8 years as president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 10:44 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post

It will be aired on all major networks at 8pm eastern standard / 5PM pacific standard.

In contrast, Bush held a total of only 4 prime-time news conferences during his entire 8 years as president.
But Bush wasn't trying to sell the kingpin of his entire program like Obama is trying to do tonight. I agree with De Mint that if he loses this one he is a lame duck for 3 1/2 years. Obama knows that too.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:49 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
Quote:

Bush did not try to scam everyone into thinking his ideas were always right.

If you had not noticed Obama is only doing this to get all his robots in line so they can push their congress members to pass his scam bills for Obama welfare care and cap and scam.

There is a reason Obama is having this news conference and it is not for any of us, it is for him.

I will make sure my TV is off during this wasted time of the day.

Bush is no longer President so why even bring it up and did not have to go on TV to make excuses for mistakes like Obama has had to do.

Beg Obama beg. Get on their and beg.

Please little Obama robots please help me get this urgent healthcare passed.

If it was so dam urgent and needed rushed up then why didnt he do something as a Senator for all those years?

5,165 posts, read 6,054,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
But Bush wasn't trying to sell the kingpin of his entire program like Obama is trying to do tonight. I agree with De Mint that if he loses this one he is a lame duck for 3 1/2 years. Obama knows that too.
Not sure if I agree with that. If unemployment drops to 6% he will not be a lame duck because healthcare did not pass.

7,931 posts, read 9,158,452 times
Wonder if we'll have any specifics about which taxes he will raise since the CBO has said the House plan to tax the rich wouldn't pay the tab?

Old 07-22-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Obama is scared and will lying his arse off to get support.

Watch him try and use this as a way to scare people into calling their reps.

He knows he is toast if this fails and will be on his knees pleading the America people to help him pass his scam bill.

Demint is awesome, he is standing up to Obama toe to toe on this.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:52 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,845,143 times
looks like I'll be watching arrested development on DVD tonight. I find obama's words embarrassing.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:54 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,479,557 times
Quote:

Except foxnews..Bush was busy scaring people with color-code terror charts on a daily basis to give substanative news conferences.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
Wonder if we'll have any specifics about which taxes he will raise since the CBO has said the House plan to tax the rich wouldn't pay the tab?

There will be no facts.

CBO is all wrong according to Obama.

Only Obama and his team of experts have the real information.

Ssshhhhh Do not tell anyone he will again have to raise taxes and if you have healthcare right now it will cost you tons more.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
looks like I'll be watching arrested development on DVD tonight. I find obama's words embarrassing.

Watch is words.

It will be a fear fest and he will tell us how important it is to pass this bill.

I wonder if anyone has the guts to ask if him if it was so important then why did he wait all those years as a Senator to notice it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies