Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 07:41 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The only problem is that "wacko" and "lunatic" are relative terms.
Isn't EVERYTHING relative

Old 07-28-2009, 07:41 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,498,236 times
[quote=calipoppy;9992899]

The last thing that America needs is a President who couldn't locate Afghanistan on a map(or spell it) if her life depended on it. Or worse yet, one who would simply quit in the middle of her term because "those nasty reporters just won't stop writtin' stuff 'bout the family".

quote]

Which one of the 57 United States of TOTUS do you reside in?

Old 07-28-2009, 07:43 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
One can always tell who the Democrats fear most by watching who they attack first. Lots of attacks on Palin. Makes one wonder why the dems fear her so much....

My prediction is a Romney/Palin ticket. If the economy is still flat in 2011/2012, Obama loses in a landslide...
OK, as a fellow conservative (and I do not mean a conservative christian btw) tell me how Palin in any way shows herself to be a conservative? By quiting her term as governor? Whatever slim credibility she may have had has been lost since she made that incredibly stupid move. As for Romney - hell, the born agains would never vote for a mormon any more than they would vote for a wiccan or a satanist. Even if they tied Palin to the ticket I doubt the moral majority would go for it. And sadly that is who the republicans are married to. And that is the ruination of the gop.

Old 07-28-2009, 07:45 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
About as dumb as the liberals who can't seem to find the "everything about Palin thread"...

Old 07-28-2009, 07:46 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
OK, as a fellow conservative (and I do not mean a conservative christian btw) tell me how Palin in any way shows herself to be a conservative? By quiting her term as governor? Whatever slim credibility she may have had has been lost since she made that incredibly stupid move. As for Romney - hell, the born agains would never vote for a mormon any more than they would vote for a wiccan or a satanist. Even if they tied Palin to the ticket I doubt the moral majority would go for it. And sadly that is who the republicans are married to. And that is the ruination of the gop.
Camping,I am just curious...WHAT do the conservatives have against Ron Paul and WHY are they not backing him? He actually could be a winner by pulling in conservative Dems too.

Old 07-28-2009, 07:49 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
This makes absolutely NO sense to me....Why? I personally think that Mitt Romney is a much more viable candidate. Could someone explain why the Republican powerbrokers would back Palin over a Mitt Romney?

Old 07-28-2009, 07:56 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,364 times
I felt a bit bad for Palin last year until she opened her mouth. Then I thought that she was in over her head and needed time to catch up.

Yet here it is, a year later and there is no improvement. She still makes no sense in speeches and shows zero knowledge about how the world works. She obviously doesn't want to learn.

People aren't scared that Sarah Palin will cost them an election, they're scared of what would happen if she won. It's quite obvious that she doesn't care to learn about things. Even GWB could do at least that.

Palin will not be on a ticket period in 2012, because she would be electoral suicide. the minute she opens her mouth, 55% of the country is going to remember why they didn't vote for her the first time around.

Old 07-28-2009, 07:58 PM

689 posts, read 743,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I have been trying, for the life of me, to figure out exactly how the Republican powers that be can actually look at Sarah Palin as a serious candidate for 2012.

Is this some sort of old Republican frat boy prank? Or are they simply planning on using her as a sort of puppet regime should she be elected....heaven forbid!

The last thing that America needs is a President who couldn't locate Afghanistan on a map(or spell it) if her life depended on it. Or worse yet, one who would simply quit in the middle of her term because "those nasty reporters just won't stop writtin' stuff 'bout the family".

I have yet to hear her utter an intelligent sentence...about anything.

I have heard numerous Republican talking heads speak about her as if she was the Virgin Mary/Margaret Thatcher/a female Ronald Reagan And the followers of these talking heads are dumb enough to agree.

For the sake of the country, please just let her go away.
I absolutely wouldn't vote for Obama, and I agree. I'm hoping for another viable party to rise from the ashes but, if she runs, I likely won't be voting for anyone (because I'm definitely not voting for Obama even though I started out optimistic). I do have to say that Palin is at least as smart as the second and third in command though (maybe smarter). Those two are complete tards! What a fine mess...for everyone.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:01 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Camping,I am just curious...WHAT do the conservatives have against Ron Paul and WHY are they not backing him? He actually could be a winner by pulling in conservative Dems too.
It has become clear to me that the republicans are as organized as the mob. Not saying that they are criminals or running prostitution rings but they certainly have an upper echeleon that tells them what to do, who to vote for, what to say and what not to say. Ron Paul doesn't play that as he is his own man and in fact the only one I could truly call a conservative. Does that mean I back him 100%? No, but pretty damned close. I think more conservatives within the rep party would back Paul as well but the gop and the media have painted him as a nutjob. Most people simply aren't interested in doing the research for themselves. If they did, Paul would get more of a following.

It is all about power and control. The nomination of W back in 2000 puzzled me as it was clear that W was not the man for the job. He lacked experience in all areas. Yet that was who we were stuck with (and thus the infamous phrase 'voting for the lesser of two evils was born'). I believe the gop nominated W because he didn't think for himself, he didn't have fully developed views and was easy to manipulate. You can say many things about Ron Paul - but uninformed and easy to manipulate aren't any of them.

No, Ron Paul is too old for another bid and in anycase I believe that Obama will be a two termer barring a great depression ala the 1930s. I don't know who is coming up like Paul - I expect noone, sadly.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:02 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Just how dumb IS Sarah Palin & Republican party?

I don't know. I'm still working on Just how dumb IS hussein obama & Democrat party. hussein obama is completely controlled by Bush and he's no longer in office. obama: "Bush made me do it"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies