Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 01:33 PM

132 posts, read 159,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
Spending is spending. Whatever label you want to stick on it. Take the Federal Budget and just cut 10% out of everything. Somehow our country will survive without the government spending trillions of dollars it does not even have.
I have a similar solution for balooning healthcare costs. Just blow up 20% of the hospitals. Fewer hospitals = less money spent on healthcare. Gee, somehow, you know what, I think we'll survive, without so many wasteful hospitals. People just get too complicated with things sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 06:55 PM

1,043 posts, read 1,291,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwich View Post
I have a similar solution for balooning healthcare costs. Just blow up 20% of the hospitals. Fewer hospitals = less money spent on healthcare. Gee, somehow, you know what, I think we'll survive, without so many wasteful hospitals. People just get too complicated with things sometimes.

Yes, i agree Sandwich. Why not blow up a few public universities while we are at it lol

Old 07-29-2009, 09:50 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,676,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorock99 View Post
Agreed, so it is government spending that you were referring to. Okay, now that has been clarified. This is not remotely the point of my original post, but these threads develop a life of there own, so i'll follow up on your question rb.

What programs would you start cutting to get to a balanced budget?
They are exactly related. You assert that if we cut taxes for one group, another has to have their increased to make up the difference.

That is the kind of fuzzy math that the government relies on people using to keep robbing us blind. So let me spell it out. First you lower taxes on everyone. Then you cut spending on EVERYTHING. Every damn program that the govt cuts a check for we cut by 10% for a starter.

Simple ain't it?

Old 07-29-2009, 09:58 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorock99 View Post
Why doesn't anyone in this country view tax breaks for what they are?

If you give one group in this country a tax break another group in this country has to make up the difference.

Let's be honest, we have two groups in this country, that pay for everything.
The rich and the middle class.

If the rich get a tax break, the middle class pays for it. It is welfare for the Rich

If the middle class gets a tax break, the rich pays for it. It is welfare for the Middle Class.

If the government pays for it, because they print more money, then we all get taxed via inflation.

Just how it works. Who do you think pays for these things?

Nonsense! Who is the government? We all are. Welfare is giving something to someone they have not earned. Allowing people to keep more of what they earn is good economics, it increases tax receipts because it increases economic activity.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:10 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
How many people do you think receive government welfare checks? It's about 5 million. Three million of those are children. So, we have 2/3 of one percent of the population who are adults. Many of those can't work, and many more are single mothers raising children. That leaves a very miniscule number of people who are "lazy bums."

I don't know any lazy bums receiving government handouts. How many do you know?
i think more like 20 million plus food stamps section8 housing plus leap and free healthcare and i know hundreds of lazy bums. i worked for the state for 4 years helping these people. quit a good job out of disgust of the abuses.and the social workers were actually advertising trying to build thier caseloads to keep thier jobs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies