Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 04:52 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,952,981 times

Advertisements

Analysis: U.S. gives Israel 'big hug' - CNN.com

When will the United States of America stop panding to Israel and why is the peace and security of the United States tied to the existance of Israel? Was there not a United States of America prior to the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948? Of course there was. So, why do so many Americans have a fear that having "normal" vs "special" relations with Israel means the end of U.S. existance? Is it because the American people believe Israel will nuke them? Or perhaps, Americans believe the United States as a nation will be cast down into hell for having "normal" rather than "special" relations with Israel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 05:04 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,340,157 times
Perhaps it's because Israel and its powerful US allies control the major networks, the newspapers, Hollywood, and international banking, and secretly want to have sex with as many Christian women as possible so as to steal our precious bodily fluids and mongrelize our race.

They also favor adding fluoride to our drinking water.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:08 PM

133 posts, read 173,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post

When will the United States of America stop panding to Israel and why is the peace and security of the United States tied to the existance of Israel? Was there not a United States of America prior to the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948? Of course there was. So, why do so many Americans have a fear that having "normal" vs "special" relations with Israel means the end of U.S. existance? Is it because the American people believe Israel will nuke them? Or perhaps, Americans believe the United States as a nation will be cast down into hell for having "normal" rather than "special" relations with Israel?
You can count me as an American who will always stand with Israel. No, I'm not afraid they are going to nuke us, or that we will be cast into hell. We have a long history with Israel, and it's sad you didn't learn about it while attending a government run school. Also, I'm not Jewish. Just a patriot like the many folks in Israel. On a personal note, I feel as though we have already been nuked and cast into hell with this current administration.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:15 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,832,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldMeBack View Post
You can count me as an American who will always stand with Israel. No, I'm not afraid they are going to nuke us, or that we will be cast into hell. We have a long history with Israel, and it's sad you didn't learn about it while attending a government run school. Also, I'm not Jewish. Just a patriot like the many folks in Israel. On a personal note, I feel as though we have already been nuked and cast into hell with this current administration.

history of meddling in mid east politics and not listening to the Arab league in the 40's along with the UN

Old 07-29-2009, 05:21 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,952,981 times
Quote:
HoldMeBack: Do you feel it's fair to the children and grandchildren of this current American generation that this "special relationship" with Israel means no peace for them throughout their lifetime?

Old 07-29-2009, 05:37 PM

133 posts, read 173,846 times
Quote:
HoldMeBack: Do you feel it's fair to the children and grandchildren of this current American generation that this "special relationship" with Israel means no peace for them throughout their lifetime?
I wouldn't blame Israel for that. There is never going to be peace anywhere ever for very long. Never has been, and probably never will. We all just have to do the best we can and be on the side of democracy. They are about the only middle east country that stands for that. And don't go on and on about the Gaza. Palestinians are to blame for their terrorists, not the people, but the government. They won't do much about them and Israel needs to protect their people.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:41 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:

It's racism. The U.S. does not even share the same religion, its just a Caucasian state in a world of brown skinned people.

So combine racism with biblical fanaticism and you will have this "special" relationship with the overseer of the worlds largest concentration camp, the Gaza Strip.

Under the neocons, we have also dehumanized (to say nothing of murder and unlawfully interrogate) Muslim's in Iraq and Afghanistan. So we are now equals in this respect.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:42 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,832,259 times
Quote:
I wouldn't blame Israel for that. There is never going to be peace anywhere ever for very long. Never has been, and probably never will. We all just have to do the best we can and be on the side of democracy. They are about the only middle east country that stands for that. And don't go on and on about the Gaza. Palestinians are to blame for their terrorists, not the people, but the government. They won't do much about them and Israel needs to protect their people.

are u serious, how many democracies have the US goverment disrupted to install puppet goverments, thats not a friend of democracy. i guess only when it suits u =democracy

further building settlements is not a democracy even after u were told not to

Old 07-29-2009, 05:43 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
bek other goverments control us, multinationals mideast china we are their boy, and the american people are the mark.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:44 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Agreed. You state it well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies