Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 01:13 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,535,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Greg

Are you in the military? Have you spent any time in the military? Have you ever been treated at a veterans hospital?

I'm a physician who sees patients in both systems. You wouldn't be saying the things about the private sector being worse if you were treated in a VA Hospital. Ask any veteran where they would rather be treated and most will avoid the VA if they have the economic means to elect to be treated in a private hospital.
Ask any veteran? Okay...

"Honey..."

She says you're misinformed...or lying.

My girlfriend receives excellent care at the Reno VA hospital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 01:15 PM

769 posts, read 888,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
When has the cost of anything EVER been reduced when the Gubmint has gotten it's hands on it? Just name one program. Please. I'm waiting....

Need to include the provision "Without subsidies".

Old 07-30-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
When has the cost of anything EVER been reduced when the Gubmint has gotten it's hands on it? Just name one program. Please. I'm waiting....
Medicare: 3% overhead. 0% profit.

Private insurance: 30% overhead. 10% to 15% profit.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:16 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,312,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
No it would not. If "Doc" is among the top in his field..he will not accept the Obama plan and charge people cash..which is what they do everywhere else in the world. Those who have cash still get the best healthcare and go to the front of the line..ergo there goes your whole premise of covering everyone..rich will still get better healthcare than the poor. You accomplished nothing...
This is already happening. I'm an interventional cardiologist which is already a rare field. I could do that and I would make more money. I already have colleagues who practice boutique medicine in which they charge patients $2000 per year and see no more than 500 patients. That doctor has a waiting list of patients. I didn't get into medicine to practice that way and will never do that.

There are many cardiology groups in Arizona that don't accept the state's medicaid system ACCHS. The glorious Mayo Clinic that Obama raves about does not accept ACCHS among other plans.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Ask any veteran? Okay...

"Honey..."

She says you're misinformed...or lying.

My girlfriend receives excellent care at the Reno VA hospital.
Yeah, I'll believe it when I see her. I've seen enough veterans who justifiably complain and deal with the poor care. Mind you, these veterans and soliders are stand up people and they don't whine but they certainly express their displeasure in a polite way and deal with many inconveniences.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I'll believe it when I see her.
You asked. I answered. If you're not prepared for the answer, don't ask the question.
Quote:
I've seen enough veterans who justifiably complain and deal with the poor care. Mind you, these veterans and soliders are stand up people and they don't whine but they certainly express their displeasure in a polite way and deal with many inconveniences.
And I've seen plenty of people complain about poor care with private insurers. So what? Doesn't prove a thing.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:25 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,073,008 times
Quote:
The US Mail compared to any package delivery system. There are many more, but you asked for one to prove you wrong. Consider it done.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Thank you for an intellegent, thoughtful and informative post. But don't expect a nod from the knucklehead you are debating with. The left wing loons are only interested in posting vile or rediculous arguments, never based in fact. Or..you just never hear back from them..they sort of quietly dissapear and you find them on a post that they can argue with.
Thank you for the kind words. I'm not really trying to change the minds of those whose minds are already made up. However, there are many people who don't drink the Kool Aid and actually want to form their own opinion based on facts.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post

And I've seen plenty of people complain about poor care with private insurers. So what? Doesn't prove a thing.
You are not a physician. You are not a physician who treats veterans in the VA. That proves everything

Old 07-30-2009, 01:29 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,073,008 times
Quote:
Greg

Are you in the military? Have you spent any time in the military? Have you ever been treated at a veterans hospital?

I'm a physician who sees patients in both systems. You wouldn't be saying the things about the private sector being worse if you were treated in a VA Hospital. Ask any veteran where they would rather be treated and most will avoid the VA if they have the economic means to elect to be treated in a private hospital.
You haven't been to a modern VA facility any time in the last 10 years is my guess. They are currently underfunded and overloaded with Iraq casualties, but before that they were setting records with costs effective, results-driven care. That's something unheard of in the private sector, but you private sector docs get paid by the procedure, so more procedures = more money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies