Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2009, 06:36 AM

23,171 posts, read 26,187,400 times

Advertisements

Big sign says Best Buy! Small print says No Returns or refunds.

Bring it to the checkout and hand over your credit card without ever asking "How much?"
Yet so many of you appear to trust that sign and accept whatever program has been hastily thrown together for your health care even though you have no idea what the cost will be.

I think many figure if you get to the checkout and run short that the 'guy behind you' will pay the difference so no worry.

Some percentages of income have been tossed around .....10%...12/13/15.....but none have been set.
Deductibles and co-pays haven't been set.

In fact, unless I have missed the announcement of things, none of you know what you will be paying or even what you will be buying.

Don't you think something this basic should be known first before you get to the buyers remorse of the No Returns or Refunds stage?

If I have missed these figures, please point them out to me.
I know how much my "free" Medicare costs me......probably as much or more than a lot of you pay now for private coverage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 09:03 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,807,239 times
Are you referring to the Iraq war also????

COSTOFWAR.COM - The Cost of War

Old 08-03-2009, 09:10 AM

769 posts, read 887,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
health care

Old 08-03-2009, 09:11 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,370,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Big sign says Best Buy! Small print says No Returns or refunds.

Bring it to the checkout and hand over your credit card without ever asking "How much?"
Yet so many of you appear to trust that sign and accept whatever program has been hastily thrown together for your health care even though you have no idea what the cost will be.

I think many figure if you get to the checkout and run short that the 'guy behind you' will pay the difference so no worry.

Some percentages of income have been tossed around .....10%...12/13/15.....but none have been set.
Deductibles and co-pays haven't been set.

In fact, unless I have missed the announcement of things, none of you know what you will be paying or even what you will be buying.

Don't you think something this basic should be known first before you get to the buyers remorse of the No Returns or Refunds stage?

If I have missed these figures, please point them out to me.
I know how much my "free" Medicare costs me......probably as much or more than a lot of you pay now for private coverage.

It's even worse than that. They don't even give you the option of declining the purchase. They want your credit card number and access (literally) to your checking account for automatic deductions.

America yawns and flips over to Idol.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:14 AM

769 posts, read 887,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
America yawns and flips over to Idol.

I wonder how many people know every childs name on Jon and Kate + 8 but couldn't name anyone in the cabinet.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

COSTOFWAR.COM - The Cost of War
Since you are 'for it', what is health care under the proposed plan going to cost you per year,jojajn?

Old 08-03-2009, 09:31 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,833,505 times
Obama has them convinced its free and they want anyhting that is free;especailly if you tell them someone else is paying. They never learn that in the end ;you will pay either in higher taxes ;less jobs or higher prices.That is why the poor are poor;like congress they are not interested in reading or know the facts before signing on.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:01 PM

What?
Nobody is offering to tell us what they're personally going to be paying for this?
Wish I could hawk a product that people would buy without asking "How much?" much less "What will I be getting for my money?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies