Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 10:11 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
They dont want to lose millions in salaries and billions in profits and, somehow, they have found useful idiots willing to disrupt these meetings in order to prevent discussion.

These fringe element is pushing the rightwing toward permanent minority status, which will only make election thefts like 2000 more likely
Right? I've never seen a more failed political party in my life. Apparently, they learn nothing from past mistakes. Comes from arrogance, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 10:12 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
"simply expressing their thoughts". Yeah, right.

When people "express" their thoughts by screaming and shouting and not allowing anyone to complete a sentence, they're not expressing their thoughts. They're bullying. And they're making it impossible to have a dialog.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:14 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
They dont want to lose millions in salaries and billions in profits and, somehow, they have found useful idiots willing to disrupt these meetings in order to prevent discussion.

These fringe elements are pushing the rightwing toward permanent minority status, which will only make election thefts like 2000 more likely
That old gal I heard on tv today wouldn't want to have to put up with your words. She attended one of those things in Austin, Texas this weekend and she didn't think there were any buses around and all the people were from the area.

I heard Turban Durbin talking on TV this afternoon and found his words to be nothing but politically motivated Pelosi.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:15 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
When people "express" their thoughts by screaming and shouting and not allowing anyone to complete a sentence, they're not expressing their thoughts. They're bullying. And they're making it impossible to have a dialog.
I guess you haven't seen this - the real bullies are from the Left; Those lefties are really allowing some dialog, aren't they?

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...mples-mob.html

Old 08-04-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Right? I've never seen a more failed political party in my life. Apparently, they learn nothing from past mistakes. Comes from arrogance, I guess.
Are you pretty old to have never seen a worse party. I am 76 and have never seen any successful parties other than the two majors right now. I really don't know what you mean about more failed in your life.

Well, maybe I do know what you mean.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:17 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Thugs being bussed to different states by a RNC sponsored Lobbyist paid by the AMA, with written tactics to disrupt any discussion.
Sounds like the AMA is resorting to Stormtroopers
Links for your so called claims ?

Old 08-04-2009, 10:18 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
someone learned a new word today

Quote:
I don't even care about Health Care anymore, I find the Fascist tactics of the A.M.A. hiring thugs to bus Stormtroopers to meetings repugnant
Quote:
The Tea Partys are Organized by PAID LOBBYIST who are now being bussed like STORMTROOPERS to disrupt Public Meetings.
Quote:
If the AMA is willing to pay billions in bribes to Congressmen and Pay Dick Armey to bus Stormtroopers to disrupt discussion of the issue, why would I believe they would pay someone to post crap?
Quote:
Now the AMA is sending out Bus Loads of Stormtroopers to disrupt any intelligent discussion of Healthcare.
Quote:
Now they are free to become AMA Stormtroopers riding Dick Armeys bus to a """Spontaneous""" Demonstration and shouting down Democracy
who knew 'stormtroopers' were so infamous for this bus-riding schtick?

beuller?
beuller?

Old 08-04-2009, 10:19 PM

Quote:
I heard Turban Durbin talking on TV this afternoon and found his words to be nothing but politically motivated Pelosi.
It is a coordinated effort between the WH, the dems and liberals to try and marginalize, demonize and discredit those patriotic Americans protesting the ruination of America. By lumping the birthers, teabaggers and protesters together, they think they have hit upon a strategy.

Talk about conniving, dishonest and devious.

That is all they have - they can't discuss the content of the bill(S).

Old 08-04-2009, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
As far as I can tell, there were no "thoughts" expressed. They didn't respond to one spoken word or idea. They just came in like robots, spouting what Hannity, Beck, et.al. has drilled into their pointy little heads.
Do you watch or listen to Beck pretty often? I didn't think so since he has been being pretty docile in trying to keep people from getting too rowdy at these townhalls. I watch him everyday so I know what he is saying. You are just letting left handed talking points flow.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
someone learned a new word today
Straight from the leftist blogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies