Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 10:00 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,426,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
you can always start with HR 3200, since that is the most widely discussed at this moment.
Sure I can. But I'm not so stupid or misinformed to think it's "the bill". The various committees continue to make changes all the time. I'll get my britches in a twist when I see the versions that go to the Senate or House floor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
seems to me, that writing is pretty clear.

The quote you responded to talks about (in bold at the top of the page)
and you responded with "I am more concerned about what bush & co. did to erode the constitution" Thus saying, you were more Concerned that Bush did bad things, than Obama doing bad things. Not twisting at all, just responding to what I saw.
Bull****. If you are responding to what you saw, you're seeing things. You quote what I said then go on to attempt to tell me what I meant. If you can't comprehend English, ask me to explain, don't put your words in my mouth.

I was responding to the comment that we should be concerned about something Obama is supposedly doing (I don't even know what exactly that is) with my comment about what I was more concerned about. The discussion was about the eroding of the Constitution. I said nothing partisan. I said nothing supportive of Obama. I said nothing to indicate the issue was who did "bad things". That's you reading your partisan crap into my post.

Quote:
as to the "he did it, so its ok for the other to do it too"
Is a common theme with the "liberals" of the board, it was a comment in general.
I know that's the right wing rant for the past seven months but save it for someone who actually does it. Frankly, I think it's less true than more right wing payback for having been made fun of for 8 years for their "But Clinton....." whine that we had to listen to every time someone made a legitimate complaint about Bush.

Eight years of
Liberal: Bush started a war in Iraq on false pretenses.
Righty: But Clinton got a blow job in the White House.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The republicans accepted more contributions from health insurance companies over the past 10 years. This website has the entire breakdown about campaign contributions from health insurance companies.

Health Insurance - Money,Politics,Campaign Contributions,Health Insurance
Oh yeah, they do. Because the Republicans are traditionally the friends of large corporations. But the insurance, pharmaceutical and medical industries have been generous enough to many Dems that they are voting against their constituents and for the industries.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:47 AM

3,689 posts, read 10,418,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Bull****. If you are responding to what you saw, you're seeing things. You quote what I said then go on to attempt to tell me what I meant. If you can't comprehend English, ask me to explain, don't put your words in my mouth.

I was responding to the comment that we should be concerned about something Obama is supposedly doing (I don't even know what exactly that is) with my comment about what I was more concerned about. The discussion was about the eroding of the Constitution. I said nothing partisan. I said nothing supportive of Obama. I said nothing to indicate the issue was who did "bad things". That's you reading your partisan crap into my post.

I know that's the right wing rant for the past seven months but save it for someone who actually does it. Frankly, I think it's less true than more right wing payback for having been made fun of for 8 years for their "But Clinton....." whine that we had to listen to every time someone made a legitimate complaint about Bush.

Eight years of
Liberal: Bush started a war in Iraq on false pretenses.
Righty: But Clinton got a blow job in the White House.

I am not "partisan" read back into my posts a bit. BOTH parties got us into the crap hole we are in now. Your comment when read, sounded partisan. Someone said that Obama is using our constitution as toilet paper, and you came back with a response that you were more concerned with an administration doing that, which is no longer in power.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:51 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,830,750 times
Quote:
There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov
Interpreting this to mean you should "turn in" anyone who speaks out against health care reform is a sad statement on the quality of reading comprehension in this country. Likewise unfounded paranoia.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
I am not "partisan" read back into my posts a bit. BOTH parties got us into the crap hole we are in now. Your comment when read, sounded partisan. Someone said that Obama is using our constitution as toilet paper, and you came back with a response that you were more concerned with an administration doing that, which is no longer in power.
You read my comment to suit your preconceived notions. That's not my fault.

Old 08-09-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
You read my comment to suit your preconceived notions. That's not my fault.
I read you post as it was written, and it is written like you could give a flying donkey about what Obama is doing to our nation, that all you deem important is what Bush did.

It is exactly what you wrote

afinni posted
"I think folks should be very concerned about the dilution of our Constitutional rights - and that is exactly what Obama is doing. And he didn't waste a day doing it, either. "

and you wrote
" am more concerned about what Bush & Co. did to erode the Constitution. "

how could that be taken any different?

Old 08-09-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
I read you post as it was written, and it is written like you could give a flying donkey about what Obama is doing to our nation, that all you deem important is what Bush did.

It is exactly what you wrote

afinni posted
"I think folks should be very concerned about the dilution of our Constitutional rights - and that is exactly what Obama is doing. And he didn't waste a day doing it, either. "

and you wrote
" am more concerned about what Bush & Co. did to erode the Constitution. "

how could that be taken any different?
I'm sorry, I forget that for a certain segment of the population, everything is all or nothing, black or white. I forget that some people don't understand that if I say I am more concerned about A, it doesn't mean I don't give a flying donkey about B. And that no matter how much anyone tries to tell them that's not what was said, they will continue to believe that are totally correct in making that assumption.

I forgot that some people have no sense of perspective.

I apologize.

Old 08-09-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry, I forget that for a certain segment of the population, everything is all or nothing, black or white. I forget that some people don't understand that if I say I am more concerned about A, it doesn't mean I don't give a flying donkey about B. And that no matter how much anyone tries to tell them that's not what was said, they will continue to believe that are totally correct in making that assumption.

I forgot that some people have no sense of perspective.

I apologize.
you were stating that the ills of the past are more important than the ills of the current time.

Old 08-09-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
you were stating that the ills of the past are more important than the ills of the current time.
There you go again.....telling me what I'm saying. Obviously you can't separate what you think a liberal would say with what I actually said.

Those ills of the past aren't gone. They continue to be ills of the current time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies