Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 01:19 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,099,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
That doesn't change the video from Fox News.

and that video does not prove the liberal spin and lies about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 03:43 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,792,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Okay, that's a fair point.

I'm sure there are people that are arriving by bus for these, but I seriously doubt that this makes up the entirety of people speaking out against the plan. There is a lot of debate about this, even among the Democrats, so it would make sense that there would be a lot of concern. Secondly, given that these are being held by Senators who cover an entire state, I doubt that the Freedom Works Foundation is able to get enough people together to travel to another state to have this much of a presence at this many gatherings.
Most of them are shills for the big pharma and insurance companies who are likely paying for these busses.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:45 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,792,165 times
The Republicans are going down. Not without a fight. But they are going down.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:52 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,216,156 times
Quote:
The crowd was so disrespectful that one frustrated attendee said he had come to the town hall with the intention of giving Rep. Green “a really hard time,” but changed his mind because he was fed up with another man who was “screaming behind my head for the last hour.”

Local Fox Reporter Attends Town Hall And Finds Some Attendees Admit They Don't Live In The District

Shocking!
How dare they!!
hey, it is a free country, at least for now
if I want to run up to Cobb County and yell my head off at a town hall meeting, guess what, I can!
Good grief
get a life why don't you
personally I think it is good to yell, it blows off some anger
I would love to yell at a few Washington dim wits dems and repugs!
They diserve to get an ear full right now and by the way I am a democrat.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:52 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,599,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Most of them are shills for the big pharma and insurance companies who are likely paying for these busses.
Some may be, but as I said, I doubt that this is the case for most. For the sake of discussion though, let's say that is the case. Let's say these groups are rallying support and even paying for the busses. Are the people attending not American citizens expressing their opposition to the bill? Are insurance agents and pharmaceutical reps not allowed to voice their concerns and speak up for their jobs? The unions seem to think people should demonstrate to save their jobs, why shouldn't these people if they're concerned?

Old 08-05-2009, 03:59 PM

884 posts, read 717,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Do you have proof to back this statement, or is this perhaps another brief synapses of dendrites in your cranium?

Old 08-05-2009, 04:00 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,651,877 times
Default I can tell you this much.

It has long been the tactic of opposing political forces to send members of their own parties to events like these in order to stir up trouble and create a bad image of the people attending. There is no way to tell who is actually instigating anything at these rallies, but to count out the possibility of interference by the opposition would be completely ignorant. Back in the 60's and 70's it was a common practice of the government to send agents into peaceful anti war rallies and stir up trouble so that the protests could be broken up. These are well known tactics folks, used for decades if not centuries, and you would have to blind not to realize this is a very real possibility.

Also, who cares if some of the attendees weren't from that district. That just shows their resolve. They are willing to travel to have a chance to voice their opinion. I'm sure the same happens on the other side of the spectrum as well. As a poster on another thread put it, this is politics. And many Americans are passionate to a fault when it comes to politics. So yeah, I can believe some weren't from that area. But who cares, they simply came to voice their opinion.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:04 PM

30,108 posts, read 18,712,684 times
Quote:
You can try to pretend it didn't happen, but the video of the meeting was right there on the page. In fact, there were two videos.
I don't agree with these tea party meetings, despite being a republican. I am not a big fan of public rallies, as it seems a little Munich-like to me. But I think that people should be able to do what the hell they want.

Having witnessed protests from the 1960s, in which three university buildings were burned, multiple cars overturned, and many windows broken, I am a little suprised that people are so agitated by these meetings. I mean, they aren't damaging property and are not assaulting anyone, so what is the issue?

I guess if these things really bother you, do some counter protests.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:06 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,099,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
It has long been the tactic of opposing political forces to send members of their own parties to events like these in order to stir up trouble and create a bad image of the people attending. There is no way to tell who is actually instigating anything at these rallies, but to count out the possibility of interference by the opposition would be completely ignorant. Back in the 60's and 70's it was a common practice of the government to send agents into peaceful anti war rallies and stir up trouble so that the protests could be broken up. These are well known tactics folks, used for decades if not centuries, and you would have to blind not to realize this is a very real possibility.

Also, who cares if some of the attendees weren't from that district. That just shows their resolve. They are willing to travel to have a chance to voice their opinion. I'm sure the same happens on the other side of the spectrum as well. As a poster on another thread put it, this is politics. And many Americans are passionate to a fault when it comes to politics. So yeah, I can believe some weren't from that area. But who cares, they simply came to voice their opinion.

You keep posting common sense like this and you are going to ruin their day!

Old 08-05-2009, 04:20 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,703,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I mean, they aren't damaging property and are not assaulting anyone, so what is the issue?
The issue is that you can't have a discussion or a dialog if there are people screaming and shouting to the point that no one can be heard and there's no order to the meeting. It becomes pointless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies