Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2009, 01:17 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Hell, I thought you were going to stand up and start saying the Pledge Allegiance...

Nah I thought we should sing something the left would recognize!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 01:18 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Do you seriously believe that?
Yes...

Old 08-06-2009, 01:20 PM

628 posts, read 1,316,394 times
My take on this is that the "original" protestors of health care reform {the ones at the meetings} came out in force because of the rush that the president put on this bill. Those opposed to health care reform {right or wrong} feel pressured to get out right now and protest the heck out of this because the bill is being rammed down everyones throat....PASS THIS RIGHT NOW. We have had our current health system for decades....whether you want it changed or not...what is the immediacy?? If this thing is the end all to our health care issues then certainly it can wait until March or April or so for a well informed vote by our leaders. Obama has made this thing suspicious by his unrelenting campaign to get it signed yesterday. The protestors of this seem to feel that they need to get out with equal fervor to stop it. Lets slow down, debate the bill and come up with the solution. Obama will suffer politically if he keeps trying to ram this down the throats of the american public. Just my .02

Old 08-06-2009, 01:22 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareb View Post
My take on this is that the "original" protestors of health care reform {the ones at the meetings} came out in force because of the rush that the president put on this bill. Those opposed to health care reform {right or wrong} feel pressured to get out right now and protest the heck out of this because the bill is being rammed down everyones throat....PASS THIS RIGHT NOW. We have had our current health system for decades....whether you want it changed or not...what is the immediacy?? If this thing is the end all to our health care issues then certainly it can wait until March or April or so for a well informed vote by our leaders. Obama has made this thing suspicious by his unrelenting campaign to get it signed yesterday. The protestors of this seem to feel that they need to get out with equal fervor to stop it. Lets slow down, debate the bill and come up with the solution. Obama will suffer politically if he keeps trying to ram this down the throats of the american public. Just my .02
These so called protesters are bused in from out of districts by special interest groups.... We have been waiting for Health Care Reform for 20 years. If you call that rushing it well what would one expect from the party of "I have no answers but will be happy to obstruct".

Old 08-06-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareb View Post
I think you are right. People feel in retrospect that we were rushed into Iraq, rushed into the bailout and no we are being rushed into this. This problem has been around for 60 years why do we have to pass something in a month? One person at one of the townhalls pointed out the President took 6 months to pick out a dog ,why rush into this in 2 weeks?

Old 08-06-2009, 01:24 PM

9,503 posts, read 9,824,479 times
Quote:
These so called protesters are bused in from out of districts by special interest groups.... We have been waiting for Health Care Reform for 20 years. If you call that rushing it well what would one expect from the party of "I have no answers but will be happy to obstruct".
Proof?

Old 08-06-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:

What proposal has been around for 20 years? Why can't we take six months to debate the ins and outs of the yet to be finished health care plan. Obama took that much time to find a dog.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:29 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,700,406 times
Quote:
Really? Who is being obstructionist here?

Democrats blocked nearly every effort by Republicans to craft a bill which could in any way be considered “bipartisan.” Instead, they wrote a bill which appeals directly to special interest groups and big campaign contributors like the trial lawyers, unions, illegal immigrants and abortion activists.

Flopping Aces » Blog Archive » Cutting Through the Disinformation: Democrats Health Care Bill Rejected Bipartisan Solutions

Old 08-06-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Nah I thought we should sing something the left would recognize!
Maybe this tune will catch on:

Old 08-06-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
What proposal has been around for 20 years? Why can't we take six months to debate the ins and outs of the yet to be finished health care plan. Obama took that much time to find a dog.
Is it not supposed to go into effect until 2011 or later?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies